No More Nomad... No More!... Or Not.

Headnazgul

So here is my dilemma. I want to do the dominion tower special challenge of killing nomad twice in a row. Problem though:

No soulsplit

No turmoil

No cls/rapier

No extremes

No yak

Seeing as how every video I've watched has used at least two of these, I'm at a loss as to how to accomplish it. The only thing I can think of is maybe Blood Barrage.... Any one have tips/tricks/ideas for me?

Nazgul.jpeg

I'm fairly sure mines and bombs don't work on Nomad or any other class A boss, not sure.

As for killing Nomad, I really suggesting getting overloads or soul split (5 prayer or 5 herblore levels). Storm of Armadyl may allow you to kill him with just that. You have a war tortoise and kyatt.

If you have a rich friend, borrowing Virtus or Pernix (depending on whether you range or mage) will help a lot too.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'm fairly sure mines and bombs don't work on Nomad or any other class A boss, not sure.

As for killing Nomad, I really suggesting getting overloads or soul split (5 prayer or 5 herblore levels). Storm of Armadyl may allow you to kill him with just that. You have a war tortoise and kyatt.

If you have a rich friend, borrowing Virtus or Pernix (depending on whether you range or mage) will help a lot too.

I refuse to spend that much money on prayer and herblore, I just don't like dropping huge sums like that willie nillie. I don't have storm of armadyl either, I only have 7 shards :\

I have plenty dominion weapons and mines and such, but I don't think the sword will last long enough for the fight, and I'm also fairly certain the mines don't work in the tower :(

Nazgul.jpeg

I refuse to spend that much money on prayer and herblore, I just don't like dropping huge sums like that willie nillie. I don't have storm of armadyl either, I only have 7 shards :\

I have plenty dominion weapons and mines and such, but I don't think the sword will last long enough for the fight, and I'm also fairly certain the mines don't work in the tower :(

only 7 shards? are you some form of DIYer? It sounds like you're just stingy.

Just go buy a staff and some runes, own nomad, then go sell the staff.

Naaxi.png

If you can even access the challenge, that means you've beaten Nomad before.

You could try the walk-under tactic or Woox's safespot with Dom swords (bring about 5 to be safe).

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

If you can even access the challenge, that means you've beaten Nomad before.

You could try the walk-under tactic or Woox's safespot with Dom swords (bring about 5 to be safe).

Yeah I've beaten him before, but there's a big difference between one nomad and two. I'm a bit stingy when money is involved, especially when it's as semi-pointless as just doing this for no reward, but I didn't realize you could buy armadyl runes. I haven't tried the safespot but I'm aware of it, and it looks difficult. I have no idea how woox hits an opponent and hides before they hit him back... it doesn't seem possible to me.

Yeah... just tried the safespot. If i wanna just whip spec him to death over the course of 20 hours it would work. But there's no way I can hide from his attacks like Woox somehow does.

And I tried it again in a poor attempt at vine whip speccing him to death lol. But I think I've discovered they have fixed that safespot. If he can't see you for x amount of time, he teleports to the middle of the room and just waits for you to come to him

Nazgul.jpeg

Its not willie nillie, you're buying game breaking new abilities that you will use for the rest of your rs career. If you have the money to buy them and refuse to do so don't bother making a thread like this cuz you can't be helped.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Wow okay I didn't make this thread to have everyone judge the way I play RS. I've never spent a dime on prayer and I'm not starting now. I made this thread for ADVICE (not judgments...) on how to do it WITHOUT those items and techniques. So far only a couple have suggested legitimate advice. If you don't have any that meet the criteria, just keep it to yourself. It's so typical for everyone to be like "LOL THROW SOME MONEY AT YOUR PROBLEMS BRO."

Just assume I already have all that crap and are opting out of it. Think of it like a handicap challenge I'm giving myself. What advice would you give to someone doing that challenge?

Nazgul.jpeg

If you have the money for turm or overloads ,get them! I thought overloads were pointless as I had extremes, but it made a huge difference to my boss trips, AND you can use brews to heal without a stat penalty if you time it right... I have yet to get turmoil or even soul split, but even if it involved spending 90% ofmy bank, I would get it instantly... Well worth the money spent. and wont just help you with 1(2 actually) boss fight(s), instead your whole rs playstyle will change!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

To all the naysayers I say it's doable. I'm ranging with diamond bolts and an armadyl set. Tortoise packed full of brews, as well as inventory of restores/brews. I made it to the melee stage of #2 before running out of brews, but I had 10 doses of super restore left, so I may be able to bring a couple more brews instead of restores. Attempt #2 now :D

Nazgul.jpeg

Wow okay I didn't make this thread to have everyone judge the way I play RS. I've never spent a dime on prayer and I'm not starting now. I made this thread for ADVICE (not judgments...) on how to do it WITHOUT those items and techniques. So far only a couple have suggested legitimate advice. If you don't have any that meet the criteria, just keep it to yourself. It's so typical for everyone to be like "LOL THROW SOME MONEY AT YOUR PROBLEMS BRO."

Just assume I already have all that crap and are opting out of it. Think of it like a handicap challenge I'm giving myself. What advice would you give to someone doing that challenge?

Dat logic.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

fight like you fought nomad before then

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

UPDATE:

I BEAT HIMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO Turmoil

NO Soulsplit

NO Rapier/CLS

NO Yak

NO Extremes/Overloads

:) :) :) :) :)

10 Super Restores

18 Brews (+18 more in Tortoise)

Diamond Bolts

Swift Gloves

Dominion Medallion

Armadyl Set

Battle ended with only 2 doses of sara brew leftover. Was a damn close fight.

Nazgul.jpeg

I'm impressed, gratz :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]