Dungeoneering Boss troubles.

Dusk Souls

Here is the deal, I am trying to get all f2p skills (except RC and Defence) to 40 before getting membership and currently I am only missing Dungeoneering (39) and Prayer (34). While it might be inefficient I have been solo-ing all my Dungeoneering levels and I have enjoyed it very much and right now I am just starting furnished floors; but the problem is that I can'r finish those floors as the bosses utterly destroy me. I am pretty sure it is due my combat level (48).

I have three options I am considering to get those pesky 3,032 XP for level 40.

• Increasing my combat level to something like 60
  • Doing lower floors to get that XP
  • Using Alternate XP sources (Three is Company and exchanging my Dungeoneering tokens for XP would give that XP according to my calculations)

My combat skills are 43 Attack 50 Strength 10 Defence Prayer 34 Constitution 47 Range 40 Magic 45 and my Bind is a fracticte 2h.

Dusk%20Soul.png

Dude it's only one level. I think you could have gotten the exp in the time it took to write that post.

You don't remember what it's like to get 500 exp on a good dungeon... do you? The early levels are really slow.

Back on topic though, I think you should maybe look up some guides on how to kill them. On the main tip.it site, they explain what to do for certain bosses. They aren't all as simple as Right-click, attack, eat, dead. Some you have to do certain things or as you said, you'll get torn.

It would help to know which Furnished bosses are tearing you to shreds, or more accurately, what they're doing that troubles you so much. Generally though, 43 Prayer is a starter for any kind of tough combat environment. I wouldn't worry too much over bosses at level 39 Dungeoneering anyway... it doesn't really matter if it's done properly at that stage.

The problem is that all the bosses I have been fighting are way over my combat level, for example I just finished trying to rush a C1 furnished and the boss was the riff sp'liter at combat level 84 or something like that, I died at least 10 times before I called it quits and I was trying to mage him with earth bolt (highest level spell I could cast with the runes given) and I don't think I even managed to damage him.

Yesterday I found the Rammernaut at combat level 88 and he tore me a new one.....

Dusk%20Soul.png

The issue is that dungeoneering bosses have a minimum level. So, as a low level doing a c1, you would be getting the lowest level bosses possible.

You need to either party with people higher level, raise your own combat level, or stick to floors where you can defeat the bosses.

I'd just finish off to 40 DG doing those c6 smalls, then, when you become member, use XP Lamps/XP Books/Resource Dungeons you haven't unlocked until you can do c6 larges. However, I would really suggest you get your CB lvl up as well, mainly str, atk, and def.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Boss monsters are always much higher than your combat level. At large c6 5:5 you'll be facing level 600 and upwards who can deal 500 hitpoints of damage regularly. Thunderous will 1-hit you with even slight mistakes, combat level is regardless in this matter. The highest fire giants on occult floors evade an SSH and can return over 400 worth of damage per hit... and since it's not a boss you can easily find more than one per floor, possibly in a GD with a mage where you're basically screwed. Dungeoneering is rape, you just have to learn how to deal with it.

Riftsplitter I can't really give any help with, but Rammernaut is basically running to the four corners, and getting mage attacks away while keeping a distance. With good timing you shouldn't be getting hit at all, unless you run out of energy.

Thanks for all the replies...

This reminds me when DG first came out. I did my first large and it took 2 hours and we got about 15k xp for it, me and my teammates were pretty pissed. Yeah DG is really slow at low levels.

How do you get those figures for a large dungeon? The max XP I have got is arround 2 K :blink:

The issue is that dungeoneering bosses have a minimum level. So, as a low level doing a c1, you would be getting the lowest level bosses possible.

You need to either party with people higher level, raise your own combat level, or stick to floors where you can defeat the bosses.

To be honest the few times I have done a floor in a party I've had bad experiences.... and AFAIK most Dungeoneering clans have really steep requirements I don't have; but if you have suggestions concerning that I am all ears.

Yes it seems you are outside the 'sweet spot' for dungeoneering. If it is only 3k exp then I would c6 small from floor one and go from there.

Care to elaborate what do you mean by the sweet-spot?

I'd just finish off to 40 DG doing those c6 smalls, then, when you become member, use XP Lamps/XP Books/Resource Dungeons you haven't unlocked until you can do c6 larges. However, I would really suggest you get your CB lvl up as well, mainly str, atk, and def.

I hear frequently that dong that is the best way to level up; but wouldn't that kill your token acquisition?

Boss monsters are always much higher than your combat level. At large c6 5:5 you'll be facing level 600 and upwards who can deal 500 hitpoints of damage regularly. Thunderous will 1-hit you with even slight mistakes, combat level is regardless in this matter. The highest fire giants on occult floors evade an SSH and can return over 400 worth of damage per hit... and since it's not a boss you can easily find more than one per floor, possibly in a GD with a mage where you're basically screwed. Dungeoneering is rape, you just have to learn how to deal with it.

Riftsplitter I can't really give any help with, but Rammernaut is basically running to the four corners, and getting mage attacks away while keeping a distance. With good timing you shouldn't be getting hit at all, unless you run out of energy.

I am not against facing enemies with combat levels higher than me, I think that more than anything was the shock to be able to solo every boss I encountered before without much trouble, except for the skeleton horde; but I think that is because I don't have protection prayers. And well my problem with the Rammernaut was that I was constantly splashing against it... I didn't found any chaos runes and had to rely on earth strike :oops:

Again thanks for everything guy, this is really helpful.

Dusk%20Soul.png

This reminds me when DG first came out. I did my first large and it took 2 hours and we got about 15k xp for it, me and my teammates were pretty pissed. Yeah DG is really slow at low levels.

How do you get those figures for a large dungeon? The max XP I have got is arround 2 K :blink:

The most xp for a floor is in the 220k range XD. And the highest tier brutes are 141 combat iirc with a max hit in the 600s, also not affected by hoods.

As people have said, bosses don't get easier than the level 80s sometimes and when that happens at your combat level you're just in trouble :(.

There isn't a dungeoneering clan in p2p who would take you I think, unless you have high non-combat skills (probably at least 80+ mining/smithing/herblore/woodcutting/fishing) which will get you into some non-rushing clans.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Well then I guess I'll bite the bullet and spend those tokens on XP to get my level 40 in Dungeoneering. By the time I will be able to use a chaotic I am sure I will have enough tokens then.

For now I guess I'll work on prayer... now I am only missing 6 levels and I could train my combat level at giants.

Dusk%20Soul.png

You will always get more xp for larges on higher level floors with more prestige and in a team. Solo DG at lower levels is worse xp/hr than F2P Runecrafting. <_<

If you're looking for tips on defeating the F2P bosses, check out Sonic's F2P Dungeoneering guide.

btw - Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter is a nightmare for low combat levels. His minimum level is 80-something, and even at cb level 68 I get killed by him at least twice every time I face him. :wall:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You will always get more xp for larges on higher level floors with more prestige and in a team. Solo DG at lower levels is worse xp/hr than F2P Runecrafting. <_<

If you're looking for tips on defeating the F2P bosses, check out Sonic's F2P Dungeoneering guide.

btw - Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter is a nightmare for low combat levels. His minimum level is 80-something, and even at cb level 68 I get killed by him at least twice every time I face him. :wall:

How are you dying to this guy? Maybe its just my combat level talking but as long as you avoid his portal attacks, you will be fine. You just have to be quick on your feet. Also make sure you have some antipoisons.

The way I see it, you should either get the members and get the level later or just do lower floors that you are capable of finishing.

It's not as if you unlock, like, any new resource dungeon or anything at 40. What's wrong with 39? Yeesh. :mellow:

It was my personal goal to get all f2p skills to 40 before becoming a member, except Defence cause other than the 10 levels I already have, I want to get all my XP from quests, my personal challenge. And I only plan to train RC to 30 before members to be able to do Slug Menace ASAP.

Dusk%20Soul.png

How are you dying to this guy? Maybe its just my combat level talking but as long as you avoid his portal attacks, you will be fine. You just have to be quick on your feet. Also make sure you have some antipoisons.

F2P, remember? :wink: Also, low 50's att/str/def vs. 80+ monster usually means I get my butt handed to me. Fortunately, I don't have to fight him all that often. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yes it seems you are outside the 'sweet spot' for dungeoneering. If it is only 3k exp then I would c6 small from floor one and go from there.

Care to elaborate what do you mean by the sweet-spot?

A bit late, but in f2p solo dungeoneering up until level 80ish it will be very hard, then 80-100 is the sweet spot where there is still some challenge. After 100 and especially after 120 soloing is a joke(good for speed dungeoners, but bad for the do it for fun people)

On my level 70 I quite often run into the came caliber monsters as my 120.

As mentioned previously, Dungeoneering monsters has MINIMUM levels.

Rift splitter imo is a harder boss (minimal level = 84), and its portal attacks are unforgiving (given how low maximum HP you have), and his hits are strong (even if you have pray mage on, let me tell u, he DOES drain pray), with around 90 combat I have died many times to him (I was careless, did not make gatestone teleport and found that I could not get out)

Basically, i think furnished floor bosses will be off reach for you at this moment. Many of them are level 80+, and in f2p you have no way to fight back effectively against them.

Soloing dungeoneering, however, i think is fun, and allows you control everything (better compared to be in a noob's team), and sadly, for your level at this moment, basically no random people will be willing to team you. Solo is the way to go (hehe I have never played in team, the experience is OK), 15 minute a dungeon is good (and probably maximum) based on what my limited experience; If you open all rooms kill all monsters this will be your time.

IF you want to try: take your time, get best food, get full armor. If you just want to unlock the next floor for pestige, you can kamikaze your way to boss room - well, everytime you die, everything will be restored, so technically you can always get through a boss room albeit with many many deaths

IF you find furnished floor too difficult, I am afraid that you probably need to stick with frozen and abondoned floor at this moment. Try furnished with at least combat 70+ in my opinion for reasonable rate (because you have little armor, your combat need to be higher. It is not like you can kill Elvarg with combat 40 because you took full addy armor, best food and strength potion, impossible in F2P if you want to cut your dungeoneering time)

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements