Runescape hiscore tracker

sees_all1

Can we get a script to check how many users are on the hiscores every day? I think that data would be pretty interesting to look at.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Wut?

This has nout to do with forums and would be ridiculously dull. It'll just creep up on the few that f2p knock out put under to 1mil then stay there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Moved to website updates and corrections.

What do you mean when you say "on the hiscores"? Do you just mean in the total number of users appearing on the "total" hiscore list?

EDIT: Actually, moved again to website discussion. My bad!

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Given the recent Tip.It Times article, "New Metric to Judge Jagex", I think that what SantasLittleHelper wants is a day-by-day statistical graph/listing of how many P2P'ers are currently on the RS HighScores? If that's the case, I would support it, seeing as that would be useful to know about and it would help keep us aware of the overall state of RS. :geek:

~D. V. "Possible support?" Devnull

(p.s.: Just to joke... obfuscator, think twice, move once, eh? :-P )

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Right, so the first page is and will probably always be

http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/hiscores.ws

The last page is in a link at the bottom, right now its at 32040, which takes us to the very last player in the hiscores, Magebank at 704878ish. If Magebank stays member, you can find the last person by searching for their rank.

♪♪ And I'm not done

The last page is in a link at the bottom, right now its at 32040, which takes us to the very last player in the hiscores, Magebank at 704878ish. If Magebank stays member, you can find the last person by searching for their rank.

Not quite. Someone else might slow down on their experience gains. In which case, Magebank becomes no longer in last place on the now P2P-only highscores list. The best approach would be to start from the highscores front page, just simply jump to whatever the last page is, and then check for the last rank number listed, not the name at that rank. As I type this, 32052 pages, and a final rank number of 705138 are listed on the highscores. Any name could be in that last slot, and at any given time. But, it won't always be the same person, that's pretty much for certain. :geek:

~D. V. "Here's the missing puzzle piece, explained in a little detail..." Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Not quite. Someone else might slow down on their experience gains. In which case, Magebank becomes no longer in last place on the now P2P-only highscores list. The best approach would be to start from the highscores front page, just simply jump to whatever the last page is, and then check for the last rank number listed, not the name at that rank. As I type this, 32052 pages, and a final rank number of 705138 are listed on the highscores. Any name could be in that last slot, and at any given time. But, it won't always be the same person, that's pretty much for certain. :geek:

~D. V. "Here's the missing puzzle piece, explained in a little detail..." Devnull

You're missing the fact that Magebank and P H A T are both users with 9hp accounts that wont be levelling any skills to keep a "pure account". So yes while it may be inaccurate to plus or minus a few players, it's pretty much a guarantee that they will stay at the lowest rank considering the only way they will be bumped up is if another 9hp account gets members again without levels in any skill.

I know for a fact that P H A T was at the bottom of the highscores since it went P2P and only recently got bumped because Magebank subscribed. So yes, while not perfect, it would be a very close representation by just tracking one or both of their ranks.

(So yeah I support some sort of way of tracking this as it would be interesting information to look at)

You're missing the fact that Magebank and P H A T are both users with 9hp accounts that wont be levelling any skills to keep a "pure account". So yes while it may be inaccurate to plus or minus a few players, it's pretty much a guarantee that they will stay at the lowest rank considering the only way they will be bumped up is if another 9hp account gets members again without levels in any skill.

I know for a fact that P H A T was at the bottom of the highscores since it went P2P and only recently got bumped because Magebank subscribed. So yes, while not perfect, it would be a very close representation by just tracking one or both of their ranks.

(So yeah I support some sort of way of tracking this as it would be interesting information to look at)

Yes you could track them on the assumption they might remain the last place, but its still far more logical to just track the last entry on the last page which is 100% definitely the final place.

And overall I still stand by whats the point?

It's gonna creep back up to the full 1million entries limiter and then will remain there as a backlog of people just too low to get on will build up and be instantly filling any slots for quitters.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yes you could track them on the assumption they might remain the last place, but its still far more logical to just track the last entry on the last page which is 100% definitely the final place.

And overall I still stand by whats the point?

It's gonna creep back up to the full 1million entries limiter and then will remain there as a backlog of people just too low to get on will build up and be instantly filling any slots for quitters.

Yes pulling the rank of the last person on the last page would be the most precise but just tracking Magebank is an easy alternative if needed.

Also I believe the highscores was changed to accommodate 2 million players ages ago, and unless this has been changed it's very unlikely that the member count will pass this number. The point of doing this is the same as tracking one's stats, the current number of players online, or any other statistic, it's to collect data which would be interesting to look at.

<<<Quote Hyper-Snip>>>

Yes pulling the rank of the last person on the last page would be the most precise but just tracking Magebank is an easy alternative if needed.

Also I believe the highscores was changed to accommodate 2 million players ages ago, and unless this has been changed it's very unlikely that the member count will pass this number. The point of doing this is the same as tracking one's stats, the current number of players online, or any other statistic, it's to collect data which would be interesting to look at.

Gandorf, while I don't know anything special about the accounts you're naming, I do know that going by them isn't a safe approach. If they discontinue being P2P at any time, you instantly lose tracking until either another name is selected, they resume being P2P, and/or another method such as what I've suggested with "last page, last name" is used to do the tracking. If I were the coder for a tracker like this, then I would take the safest approach that I possibly could for making sure it wouldn't quit working suddenly. :geek:

~D. V. "Doesn't help much to have failures in your data stream..." Devnull

(p.s.: As a reminder, I'm a supporter of this idea. I just think the safest approach should be taken to it.)

I've been using RuneTracker so far. Unfortunately I'm not a robot and can't remember to check every day. Is this going anywhere?

Links to P H A T, Magebank, and Mr 9

http://runetracker.org/track-p+++h+a+t

http://runetracker.org/track-magebank

http://runetracker.org/track-mr+9

♪♪ And I'm not done

So all you want is some sort of daily printout with how many users are physically on the high scores?

Yep, basically.

:mrgreen:

♪♪ And I'm not done

I've begun recording this data now and I'll hopefully get some sort of page up in the next few days for it. For the record, 1,069 new users have been added to the high scores in the last 4 hours.

Looking at Magebank's profile, and it looks like JaGEx purged the hiscores. He gained 52k ranks today.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Looks like Magebank decided to train some skills? Need to replace him with P H A T or Mr 9

♪♪ And I'm not done

While not linked on the actual website yet, you can see our data here:

http://open.tip.it/high-score-stats

Note the data hasn't been "refined" yet, so the month graph shows ALL of our data points rather than just one or two for each day.

The "Month" graph is quite interesting although it actually only has about 12 days of data since that's when we started logging.

Why the sudden drop each day around 5.00?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

That isn't each day, that is each week. I would assume the banning of RWT-ers or other abusers.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

That isn't each day, that is each week. I would assume the banning of RWT-ers or other abusers.

Or purging the hiscores of inactive users.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Note the data hasn't been "refined" yet, so the month graph shows ALL of our data points rather than just one or two for each day.

The "Month" graph is quite interesting although it actually only has about 12 days of data since that's when we started logging.

Uh, Peter, I'm seeing a problem with that page here on FF 3.5.x-series... The line that should be showing appears to have either not rendered, or is being buried down in the Z-index under the background image. If you could fix that, I think the graph would be great. Right now, I'm having hit-or-miss on finding the data points. :ohnoes:

~D. V. "Where's the line at? I can't see it!" Devnull

Uh, Peter, I'm seeing a problem with that page here on FF 3.5.x-series... The line that should be showing appears to have either not rendered, or is being buried down in the Z-index under the background image. If you could fix that, I think the graph would be great. Right now, I'm having hit-or-miss on finding the data points. :ohnoes:

~D. V. "Where's the line at? I can't see it!" Devnull

Sorry, the graph is rendered using Google Charts API and I have no intention of trying to debug that, you should report it to Google for them to fix.