A wild day in the NBA

Lime_Mercury

Kobe Bryant scores 81 points, second only to Wilt Chamberlain.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260122013

and

Seattle beats Phoenix 152-149

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260122021

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

I was watching that game... and I rarely ever watch basketball. I live close to Toronto and was bored. :P

Bryant simply amazed me in that second half. The Raptors simply couldn't touch him. His % was insane.

When Kobe averages 36.5 points per game, you know hes having a good season. He is a ballhog, but he really doesn't have any supporting cast.

81 points though, that is simply amazing. Especially, when he scored only 27 points in the first half, and simply doubled that in the second half...

What a ballhog. :roll:

I don't like Kobe.

81 points and I think he only had like 3 assists. Raptors were up 17 at the half and I stopped watching the game then. Turned it on at the start of the 4th quarter and on the ticker Kobe had 50 points already.

Raptors are playing the Nuggets now. Melo's night to shine?

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

Although he's a ballhog, 81 points is still an unbelievable achievement. Living in a NBA town (Sacramento) I try to follow basketball and as much as I don't care for Kobe, I still have to respect the skill that he has, ballhog or not. But look at the Lakers. Is anyone on that team, excluding perhaps Lamar Odom, any good? If I was Kobe and could score that many points, I'd be a ballhog too.

Although he's a ballhog, 81 points is still an unbelievable achievement. Living in a NBA town (Sacramento) I try to follow basketball and as much as I don't care for Kobe, I still have to respect the skill that he has, ballhog or not. But look at the Lakers. Is anyone on that team, excluding perhaps Lamar Odom, any good? If I was Kobe and could score that many points, I'd be a ballhog too.

They don't need any more Kobes. The Shaq, Kobe, Payton, and Molone combo did nothing for the Lakers, nobody played as a team.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

They don't need any more Kobes. The Shaq, Kobe, Payton, and Molone combo did nothing for the Lakers, nobody played as a team.

Except those guys could put up huge numbers too. When he was surrounded by Shaq, Payton and the Malone then he was a ballhog that shouldn't be respected because of all the talent that was being wasted. Except now in this current Lakers team, Kobe is basically the entire team surrounded by filler. Name one person on the Lakers current roster that could come close to Kobe's 36.5 points per game besides Lamar Odom.

*edit*

I think Kobe will cool off soon. I don't really expect him to be putting up 40+ points a game for the rest of the season.

Except those guys could put up huge numbers too. When he was surrounded by Shaq, Payton and the Malone then he was a ballhog that shouldn't be respected because of all the talent that was being wasted. Except now in this current Lakers team, Kobe is basically the entire team surrounded by filler. Name one person on the Lakers current roster that could come close to Kobe's 36.5 points per game besides Lamar Odom.

That was my point.

But anyway, shame Phoenix had to lose such a close game, and to Seattle too :(

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Sorry, I guess I read it the wrong way. :oops:

Yeah even the Kings managed to beat Phoenix a few weeks ago and we're not even over 500.

Don't remind me. :cry: What happened to the good ol' days, the Kings/Laker rivalry? Stojakovic is still my dog though, even if he is past his prime now. :P

This is a wild season in the NBA all together. What about them Pistons? Pulling out a 2 point win to keep their streak alive. 33-5 now. I called it back when they had like 24 wins, this team is going 72-10 and setting Jordan's Bulls record for most wins in a season. ;D

If Kobe is a ball hog with 81 points, what is Wilt Chamberlain, who has 6 or 7 of the top 10 all time scoring records, including a 100 point game? Don't badmouth either of them, they're both incredibly talented.

It's not Kobe's fault he has to win by himself, his teammates are slouches.

whoa....althoght i don't really like kobe, i have to admit he's very good.

shannonta5.gif

Miami Heat 4ever fan.

Yes, i'm a girl! I like to watch NBA, so? =]]

Thanks star_in_the_sky for the AMAZING sig and eckered for the great avvy!!

If Kobe is a ball hog with 81 points, what is Wilt Chamberlain, who has 6 or 7 of the top 10 all time scoring records, including a 100 point game? Don't badmouth either of them, they're both incredibly talented.

It's not Kobe's fault he has to win by himself, his teammates are slouches.

Maybe he gave them a chance to shine? They're all overshadowed by him. Look at the Warriors-- I'm sure Baron Davis and Jason Richardson could carry the whole team, but they don't. Also, Diagu was given a chance and now he's a starter. :wink:

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

I don't like Kobe.

Kinda the truth... :roll:

Anyhow, 152-149....WOW. How many overtimes? And I didn't know scoreboards went that high.

i think it was like 3. But i looked it up, Pistons got the most points in a game as a team before. it was like 182 or something. But i can't belive pistons did it. they're like a blue collar defensive team.

But yea 81 points is ok. but i do it every time i play so i don't care. :roll:

I don't like Kobe.

Anyhow, 152-149....WOW. How many overtimes? And I didn't know scoreboards went that high.

i think it was like 3. But i looked it up, Pistons got the most points in a game as a team before. it was like 182 or something. But i can't belive pistons did it. they're like a blue collar defensive team.

I'm just about closing in on 81 points for my life-long tally. So I'd say I'm on par with Kobe :wink:

finalsig9wq.gif

I don't like Kobe.

I'm just about closing in on 81 points for my life-long tally. So I'd say I'm on par with Kobe :wink:

My life-long total, of actual basketball [for the school](not counting elementary school basketball, which was a joke...though I did pretty well in it)...1 season...1 point :oops: .

Obviously it was a foul shot...I got it in the like, second last game. I didn't play very much :\. I'm not sure why they didn't cut me, I'm short, white, can't jump, and my overall basketball skill is considerably questionable. Mind you, this was 3 years ago.

But 81 points :shock: It doesn't matter at all whether he hogs it or not. Anyone who can get 81 points at the highest level of basketball in the world is worthy of his team letting him go for it. Too bad it was the home team who he toppled.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Popped in just to add Ron Artest has been supposedly traded to the Kings for Peja. Wow.

Who in their right minds wants Artest? Hes such a moron!

As for Peja, he's out of his prime. Expecting a quiet retirement in upcoming years with the Pacers. :cry:

signaturecj5.jpg