New Year's Resolutions! + What did you do for NYE?

Matt258

Well its that time of the year again to attempt to keep a promise to yourself that you'll keep a resolution for the coming year.

So firstly what's your New Year's Resolutions (if you have any)? And do you rate yourself as having any chance for actually keeping your resolutions? :lol: And have you actually kept any in the past?

Exercise more- Go out Running around the neighborhood, ride Bike, lift weights

Get more people involved:Collect Aluminum Cans & Tabs

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

New Years resolution are pointless. When you want to make a change for yourself you don't wait until a specific date to start doing it, you just get off of your ass and do it. Otherwise you're just going to half ass it.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

(already a new year's resolution thread btw)

Would really hit to get 1B total xp but that's too far out of reach .. some other goals:

200 effigies

50M summoning

50M woodcutting

25M+ slayer xp

75M+ defence xp

120 Dg / Comp cape

20M Base

Will probably change over the year.

Scaped during New year's eve.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Ahh crap, this has turned into a RuneScape New Year resolution thread by the third post.

Quick, someone post norsinmyot.jpg!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I agree with Riku. People shouldn't see the new year as a new starting point to make goals. Goals should be mad at any point during the year. That's why I never have any new year's resolutions, because I take care of things as soon as I need to.

That being said, I am going to try blogging this year. Just because it's something I happened to think about doing in late December, so it kind of coincidentally coincided with the new year lol. It's not really a resolution though. I'm just going to give it a try and if it works out well - cool. If not, no harm done :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Im not making it a "must do", but I would like to be physically more fit and doing well when I finish Uni at the end of the year to get into the course I want.

Already got a Job, Car, I'd like to move out but thats all dependant on finding someone also, and relationships can just go screw off after what happened the other week.

Popoto.~<3

I think making goals just because it's the new year is dumb buuuuut it does hold has a great placeholder for comparison.

My goals are the same as they were on the 31st Dec 2011. Continue getting fit (which is going great), get a job (don't want but need to overcome) and hopefully get into uni (DO WANT! but doubtful of acceptance).

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I agree with Riku. People shouldn't see the new year as a new starting point to make goals. Goals should be mad at any point during the year. That's why I never have any new year's resolutions, because I take care of things as soon as I need to.

That being said, I am going to try blogging this year. Just because it's something I happened to think about doing in late December, so it kind of coincidentally coincided with the new year lol. It's not really a resolution though. I'm just going to give it a try and if it works out well - cool. If not, no harm done :P

http://forum.tip.it/topic/68046-tripsis-99-runecrafting/ ;)

on topic: I don't make new years resolutions (not counting the ones I have in rs, which are longterm goals more than anything). If I need to change something, I'll do it then. I'm not going to wait around every year and come up with a list of things at the end of the year to improve on. I should be making that list and completing it throughout the year.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I've not made any hard resolutions this year, nor do I ever really, but there's a few things I would like for next year.

• Continue going to the gym and trying to get fit.
  • Put more effort into getting a placement/job
  • Spend a bit more time studying for Uni

Nothing outrageous there really :)

As for what I did on New Year's Eve. I spent the night watching the Sherlock Holmes film with my boyfriend, eating chocolates and getting a bit tipsy :) Probably one of the better New Year's Eves I've had, my first one away from home.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I never make resolutions because I always forget about them by the end of January.

As for my NYE, I didn't do much of anything. I don't drink and the only party I might have gone to was canceled. As such, I watched the WJHC and read. I didn't even realize it was 2012 until about 2am. Overall, not a bad New Year's for me.

I find it pointless to make promises to myself that I know I will not keep.

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

No New Year Resolutions for me, my thoughts are the same as what has been said: Why change at the beginning of the year, you've got the power to change at any time.

In terms of NYE, got drunk at a mates friends party, spend most of the night in a hot tub.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I joined the code year thing, although not sure how well I will get on with it as I'm very busy with University at the moment.

I've also, as a rather jokey resolution, been recording the number of times certain things have happened.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm with Riku. If something needs changing, I'll change it when it needs changing so I'll put a full effort into it. Making resolutions you don't really want or need to keep is going to fail, everytime.

One resolution I did see going around was to start donating blood. I've been doing that for two years anyway but, from other people's perspective, it might work better because you only need to do it three times a year and the NHS nags you by post and text to remind you when the next appointment's due. If you can't follow that regime, then you've got deeper issues.

NYE I played Skyrim. Family had a bash a few days earlier for Christmas and NYD so... that was it. At midnight I went outside and watched the fireworks (I live near the town centre). Very pretty. :-)