CS or LS

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in doing Lootshare Boss Hunts?

• Yes, I would attend Lootshare events
    • No, I would prefer Coinshare
  2. 2. Would doing Lootshare Events encourage you to attend future Lootshare events?

• Yes, the thought of getting a valuable item would motivate me to go
    • No, I would rather everyone get a small split

So far, all TMHT events have been CoinShare, where a valuable drop is split evenly between everyone attending. While this is naturally the fairest way to ensure everyone gets included, we'd also like to propose hosting a few LootShare events as well. For those of you that don't fully understand how Lootshare and LSP works, here's a quick explanation:

Say for instance, TMHT does a Bandos LS event.

Player 1 gets bandos tassets.

Every other player gets "LSP". LSP stands for Loot Share Points (or Potential)

Since you missed a high value drop, your odds of getting future drops increases.

Next event is Armadyl, and there is an Armadyl Chestplate drop. The odds of you getting the actual item are much higher due to missing the tassets from previous event.

Your LSP will continue to increase until you receive a high value item. In a way this will work the same as coinshare, but its not instant.

However there is a very real chance that there can be multiple item drops in a single trip (Dem Zammy Spears)

This increases the chance of having "profitable" trips and getting 10m+ instead of ~1m.

Note that this is entirely subjective. Its just an idea that we'd like feedback on.

I don't mind either way, however you do lose a percentage of your LSP every day (10% afaik) So with 1m lsp:

Day 1: 1m

2: 900K

3: 810k

4: 739k

Etc...

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I think it's important to use "CS" for these casual MH'ing trips. It helps people feel more involved and get more satisfaction from the trip when they get a coin split. But if you did a series of events, where you did a back-to-back sort of trip, LS would be a wiser choice. Alternately, you could look into splitting up the groups into smaller portions to give higher CS drops, so people get that "awesome loot" experience they hope to have while MH'ing.

I don't know. I know of a lot of people who just abuse masses just for LP and don't really get involved, but I know it's no fun to get an 700k split off a 30mil item :s It's a tough call.

hzvjpwS.gif

LS sounds like a good idea to me. I'd rather attend a lootshare event than a coinshare one. :) .. After FFA, of course!

Coinshare with big teams is only really good at nex or corp, unless no one cares about profit. (or if it's a small team)

Of course we'll get people with huge LSP at LS events then. :mad:

Keep a mix of both CS and LS events and look for input from other people.

FFA teams... hm.. :unsure:

My pathetic 5 cents. :^_^:

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I'd suggest that if you do start doing ls events, that you just make two teams. One for ls, one for cs because there's a lot of people who wouldn't use the lsp, and in teams as big as these events can get, they'll get extremely low amounts anyways. General point lootshare masses is to use your lsp, definitely not gain. I think most people going to these types of events are looking for cs, or just some laughs.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I think it's important to use "CS" for these casual MH'ing trips. It helps people feel more involved and get more satisfaction from the trip when they get a coin split. But if you did a series of events, where you did a back-to-back sort of trip, LS would be a wiser choice. Alternately, you could look into splitting up the groups into smaller portions to give higher CS drops, so people get that "awesome loot" experience they hope to have while MH'ing.

I don't know. I know of a lot of people who just abuse masses just for LP and don't really get involved, but I know it's no fun to get an 700k split off a 30mil item :s It's a tough call.

The problem with splitting the teams is that one team may get a good drop, while another gets nothing, so you end up with the chance of a drop AND the chance of being in the right team. :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

I think that there would be too great a chance for people to abuse LSP to gain massive amounts of money from these events. Say somebody who went to a TMHT event immediately following a Lootshare Nex trip where they missed plenty of drops, the majority of the event attendees would receive nothing but a bit of fun for investing time and money into the trip, which isn't even very fun at all.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

The problem with splitting the teams is that one team may get a good drop, while another gets nothing, so you end up with the chance of a drop AND the chance of being in the right team. :wall:

I don't really see how that's any different than all people being together and having equal chance of getting nothing...or equal chance of getting something and it be essentially worthless. At least with splitting you're increasing people's potential to make more cash which generally equals 'more fun'.

hzvjpwS.gif

We also talked about splitting into smaller teams but we're not quite there yet :P At least this will let us see what the overall idea is

I acutally really like this idea.

Like for example, we had that massive sara event last weekend and there was a good 20 people there; if we had spilt into two or even three teams. the profit would be more and inturn motivating more and more people to come. And yeah I know the events aren't really made for profits, but lets face it, who doesn't want to make a few mils on the side?

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

those wining for using lsp, are those who monster hunt on a daily base, those who don't, will basically just help these daily monster hunters get theyr drops. I will not attend lsp event, the overall money drooped from coin-share is the same, its just more fairly split.

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

I won't attend any lootshare events. I feel like if you want to make some serious $$$ then you ought to go with the smaller groups method. Half the fun is just killing things, the other half is getting a drop even when that thing is being split into gazillion pieces.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Honestly, I would attend either event however, if you use "lootshare" versus "coinshare" its cuts out everyone but one person. Even though the split is small, its evenly distributed for all who attend whether they contribute or not. If someone is attending the event to make a profit, they are attending for the wrong reason(s). I know it does happen but regardless, you will not profit going into anything with 50+ people. My first even was Saradomin GWD and I have attended every event since (wow a whole two weeks LoL). I see many people complain about not making anything and this person gets all the drops or that person does. I personally think they miss the concept of the event all together. Until that Saradomin event, I had never been to GWD on a boss hunt ever, and I am cb 135. Now, Ive soloed KQ and KBD but being able to attend something that I have never been able to do has been more rewarding than any amount of drop that I can receive. Even died at the "unofficial" Bandos event and no one was able to bless my grave because I didnt want to leave the four lower levels unprotected (BIG mistake) LoL. Anyhow, my suggestion would be that anyone expecting to go should expect to make very little, if anything at all rather than to get their hopes of gazillion gp splits. Write a disclaimer in the post(s) stating that its for fun and not the profit to make. People expect rare drops and well, they arent called rare for nothing.

Anyhow, just my .02

MeanyDeany.png

Looking at the polls, and taking out the TMHT Members that have voted (We have to attend events anyway :lol:) The results are pretty clear...

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

My vote went also for CS because it just works better for these kinds of big events. Maybe Jagex should invent somekind of tricky LS mode which would only be affected by LSP gathered at a certain event so that everyone attending would start with equal chance of drops. :-k Dunno how that would work but as stated before, with current ls-system it would just be people killing stuff and high lsp players gathering all the loot.

Sephy.png

I would rather have LS events. If there are 10+ people there at an event, splitting something worth 5m is a very lousy yield.

qft.

also I would rather get lsp than get 8k cash drops

maybe alternate between cs and ls

ls for TDs maybe since claws are frequent

cs for something like Nex where the split will be nice although sometimes I feel pain when a pernix body gets split into 6m

I voted for LS mainly beacuse I'm fed up with getting DDS splits :) That being said I have absolutely no LSP & as such would miss out on any 'decent' drops.

I come along to the events for fun - not money. I get much better cash doing other things.

the_lad_1.png

I think that there would be too great a chance for people to abuse LSP to gain massive amounts of money from these events. Say somebody who went to a TMHT event immediately following a Lootshare Nex trip where they missed plenty of drops, the majority of the event attendees would receive nothing but a bit of fun for investing time and money into the trip, which isn't even very fun at all.

I was LS corping for a couple of days before the Bandos event & missed an Ele Split, so my LSP was fairly high. In this respect, I do agree with your statement as the 'system' is open for abuse should any individual wish to go down this route & 'hoover' up all the drops which would not be fun for anyone else.

Last night I was getting the vast majority of the drops, however, I left them on the floor (aside from a few Ourg bones) so that everyone had a fair chance of getting them when they showed.

My LSP probably took a hammering, but then again it will dissapear anyway & I don't plan on Corping again for a bit.

In my opinion, these events are for fun & not money making - over time I think the TMHT members will all realise that.

the_lad_1.png