New Duelling Glitch! Look Out. Lost 150M!

PNAD

The squeel of fortune update brought with it a bug where people are able to leave the duel arena half way through a duel. Be VERY VERY careful when staking!

Here's a video of me losing 150M to this glitch. Feels bad man.

Spread the word and tell people not to stake until this glitch is fixed.

Edit: I re-uploaded the video to remove some profanity. Sorry guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3VUKSSWfMY

Edited by PNAD
Added hide tags

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hardly say you lost anything.

You had 800m

Staked 150m

Pouch said 650m

At the end you have 800m still.

Sure you didn't get the winnings, but you didn't win as the duel didn't end properly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd hardly say you lost anything.

You had 800m

Staked 150m

Pouch said 650m

At the end you have 800m still.

Sure you didn't get the winnings, but you didn't win as the duel didn't end properly.

Not getting winnings = losing 150M

That's not a loss though.

You had 800m, you still have 800m.

You can't lose 150m you never actually had, especially given that you did not actually kill the guy, he ran off still alive through whatever glitch this is, so the 150m was never meant to come to you.

It is certainly a glitch that could prove annoying, but you certainly did not lose 150m.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It is certainly a glitch that could prove annoying, but you certainly did not lose 150m.

The glitcher would have had to have two successful hits that totalled over 250lp in order to pull out the win, where the TC only had to hit once, most likely, to knock off the final 80-100lp. I can understand why the TC would feel like at that point, he *earned* his winnings. But Sy is right - the duel wasn't over, and you don't deserve the cash until the opponent is dead. It's annoying, and definitely a glitch, but not a loss.

hzvjpwS.gif

The glitcher would have had to have two successful hits that totalled over 250lp in order to pull out the win, where the TC only had to hit once, most likely, to knock off the final 80-100lp. I can understand why the TC would feel like at that point, he *earned* his winnings. But Sy is right - the duel wasn't over, and you don't deserve the cash until the opponent is dead. It's annoying, and definitely a glitch, but not a loss.

Yeah I totally get why you may feel you'd earned it by that point and would assume the win is basically yours, the odds are certainly dramatically in your favour. But it's not a 100% guaranteed outcome, there's plenty of videos lurking around there of amazing turn arounds in the last moments of a duel. Which is why, like you, I say it's not a loss as he did not actually win it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

yes this is a glitch and it is unfair that op did not get his 150m, he risked 150m and should have won it, that guy got a chance at 150m while risking nothing himself, and should banned asap.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Does it really matter whether he used the term "lost" correctly or not? Because of the glitch he lost out on a VERY good chance of winning 150M.

The point is the glitch. It really is bad that with every other update you have to worry about potential glitches at arena. Thanks for the warning.

yes this is a glitch and it is unfair that op did not get his 150m, he risked 150m and should have won it, that guy got a chance at 150m while risking nothing himself, and should banned asap.

Yeah exactly. Essentially people can exploit this by risking party hats, and with a 100% profit rate/0% risk they can make billions within minutes. I really hope some sort of action is taken but I don't expect it.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Sorry for your loss, as you interpret it. Hopefully the Squeal doesn't mess up other activities too...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

why does it take so long for jagex to fix these? they have the player name, and is obviously fairly widespread so do a hotfix and ban the abusers...

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The cause is needed before the solution can be found, hopefully an update within the next few days will solve it.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

That's not a loss though.

You had 800m, you still have 800m.

You can't lose 150m you never actually had, especially given that you did not actually kill the guy, he ran off still alive through whatever glitch this is, so the 150m was never meant to come to you.

Losing potential profit=Loss. If I had something I was going to sell for 200 bucks and a friend broke it, I lost 200 bucks. Logic.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Losing potential profit=Loss. If I had something I was going to sell for 200 bucks and a friend broke it, I lost 200 bucks. Logic.

Getting people to understand this is difficult. And there *is* a difference between opportunity loss vs actual loss. In the case of the thing you were going to sell, if its a real item valued at 200$, then yes you lost 200$ (Because you lost something physical).

If someone promises to give you 200$, and then gets killed in a car accident, you had an opportunity loss of 200$, but never lost any thing you already had possession of.

Potential profit lost is only lost potential. It isn't a physical loss of value. While technically a form of loss, the two things are different.

Opportunity cost is important, but it is difficult to get people to understand it.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

lol I know how this is done :lol:

1. Its NOT new

2. Its fairly easy (well for experienced bug abusers, on this forum id say only brunokiller qualifies)

3. its not Squeal of fortune lol

Wouldn't be surprised if this was their way of making less people stake

Nope the specific method they did for it was very useful for lots of stuff I will be very sad to see it go

Where was it implied that it was due to Squeal of Fortune?

lol I know how this is done :lol:

1. Its NOT new

2. Its fairly easy (well for experienced bug abusers, on this forum id say only brunokiller qualifies)

3. its not Squeal of fortune lol

Wouldn't be surprised if this was their way of making less people stake

Nope the specific method they did for it was very useful for lots of stuff I will be very sad to see it go

Where was it implied that it was due to Squeal of Fortune?

The squeel of fortune update brought with it a bug

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Wasnt it though :wink: and yeah as Omali said, OP thought squeal was the bug

What I think the OP meant was the squeal update came with some unrelated patch notes which could have caused the bug. I don't think anyone thinks squeal has any relation with this bug.

Read the first post again please

The squeel of fortune update brought with it a bug where people are able to leave the duel arena half way through a duel. Be VERY VERY careful when staking!

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

The "clicked" cross when not clicking on an active object is now slightly green-tinged to differentiate it totally from the red cross.

Sunfreet's death animation now fades out correctly.

Bound Dungeoneering longswords are now using the correct animation set.

Forgotten rangers now fire the correct ammo instead of Mithril arrows.

Soul Wars capes now hang more naturally on the player.

The red strikethrough on requirements on the Task System is now placed correctly on the text.

Players now face forward at the end of the balance beam on the Advanced Barbarian Agility course.

Some unnecessary blocking has been removed around the Pirate Hut in the Wilderness.

Quests & Tasks:

Some TzHaar no longer refer to the player as "YtHarr" instead of "YtHaar".

The TokHaar-Kal can now be used to attack Ice Strykewyrms.

Sir Mordred from Merlin's Crystal no longer awards combat XP when attacked.

The "Enter Mining Guild" task now correctly states the Mining level requirement.

The cutscene at the Zamorak temple during The Temple at Senntisten now plays correctly.

The warning about needing to complete the new version of Druidic Ritual to continue One Small Favour and Eadgar's Ruse is no longer displayed if the player has already completed the reworked Druidic Ritual.

The Tail of Two Cats cutscene is no longer interrupted by the Anvil attacking cutscene from Troll Warzone.

The "Get a Slayer task" and "Complete a Slayer task" tasks are now autocompleted if Smoking Kills has been completed.

Skills & Minigames:

Dominion Markers now state that Sunfreet hasn't been slain if all other special battles have been

completed without defeating Sunfreet.

Fareed in Dominion Tower will now attempt to unequip the player's weapon to:

The inventory,

or if full the player's bank,

or if full will drop the player's cheapest item to make room in the inventory

If any item is dropped, a warning is also shown to state that this item will not be retrievable if the player leaves Dominion Tower.

Stealing Creation reward items now correctly award bonus XP when recharged without the need to re-equip them first.

The Taverley Circus location has been moved out of the corner of the flax field.

The easy treasure trail pointing to Gaius now states he is in Burthorpe instead of Taverley.

Sliced Bananas can no longer be taken out of the Mage Training Arena.

Other:

The Troll Warzone musical tracks (Taverley Folk I & II, Taverley Ambience I-V) have been renamed.

The Wooden workbench Skill Guide information now correctly states that 5 planks are required instead of 3.

It is no longer possible to create ground charcoal on free worlds.

Clicking to open 2 Skill Guides at the same time now opens the correct one.

Pickaxes on the Smithing Skill Guide now correctly shows a members only icon.

The Troll Warzone Combat Supplier is now named Corporal Boothe.

The Prayer Renew potion effect is now consistently removed on death.

A spelling mistake has been corrected when a player reaches their daily red sandstone limit.

The Attack skillguide no longer lists A Clockwork Syringe as a requirement to wield a Brackish Blade.

It is no longer possible to start a turkey farm using Mackers and a Menagerie, then reclaiming him multiple times from Diango.

TzRek Jad's name when in the players inventory is now correctly capitalised.

Metal claws on the Smithing Skill Guide now display the correct level required to smith them.

This is also part of the squeal of fortune update, yet all these aren't related to squeal of fortune.

Losing potential profit = losing potential profit. If you had something you were going to sell for 200 bucks and a friend broke it, you lost the potential to earn 200 bucks. Logic.

Does it really matter whether he used the term "lost" correctly or not? Because of the glitch he lost out on a VERY good chance of winning 150M.

The point is the glitch. It really is bad that with every other update you have to worry about potential glitches at arena. Thanks for the warning.

Pretty sure that's what everyone already said :P No one is disagreeing with you.

hzvjpwS.gif

Read the first post again please

[hide]

[/hide]

Quoting something 10 times doesn't change anything or make you look cool bro. One was enough.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.