Guest Rob

While the show is pretty dark, I don't think Nicklodeon will allow anyone to die. I think Amon will defeat Korra, but before he can take her bending the spirits arrive because of deus ex machina, tell Amon how he's been abusing his powers, and either take his powers away or bring him to the spirit world forever.

Yeah if you remember Jeb from The Last Airbender, his "death" was left intentionally vague, and the creators even poked fun at that later on in the play satire of the series.

I agree. Avatar seems to have a thing against characters dying (on screen). Just a thought - we haven't seen Korra communicate with Aang yet, nor has she entered The Avatar State. I'm curious to know when we'll finally see that.

Maybe Korra will use energy bending to take away Amon's energy bending.

That would feel cheap. He's an expert with an unflinching demeanor and likely a will of reinforced titanium. If such a thing is even possible.

Now that I think about it, the creators of the show said they didn't want a repeat of of TLAB. So having the same resolutions wouldn't exactly be logical.

Especially since that wouldn't really stop Amon. He'd still be able to lead the equalists and do most of the things he already does. In fact, logically that means he would have to be more picky about his bending targets and then just kill them instead. Which also doesn't work on a "kids" cartoon.

Also, looking forward to Kora/Aang interacting =D

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'm betting on banishment to the spirit world for Amon.

As for Jet, I believe he died in Lake Laogai. I mean, Toph said that he was lying when Jet said he was fine.

He quite obviously died. It's a shame, I wanted to see a proper sword fight between him and Zuko.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

As for Jet, I believe he died in Lake Laogai. I mean, Toph said that he was lying when Jet said he was fine.

He quite obviously died. It's a shame, I wanted to see a proper sword fight between him and Zuko.

He was confirmed to be dead by the creators. I still don't get how Long Feing was able to be that lethal with what appeared to be weak earthbending.

He was confirmed to be dead by the creators. I still don't get how Long Feing was able to be that lethal with what appeared to be weak earthbending.

The deceiver's knife is every bit as deadly as knight's lance. Or something like that.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I hate how clearly Amon is so poor of a character. He's just a big racist for the Benders.

They clearly need to develop him more.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I hate how clearly Amon is so poor of a character. He's just a big racist for the Benders.

I'd say he has a decent reason to hate benders. The world is more catered to benders and non-benders are getting regularly screwed. He's also right about every war of every era being caused by benders looking for more power.

This just made me remember something though. Part of the Equalist movement was appealing to the poor and homeless of Republic City, but the richest people are also non-benders.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The gramophone merchant is totally an equalist.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'd say he has a decent reason to hate benders. The world is more catered to benders and non-benders are getting regularly screwed. He's also right about every war of every era being caused by benders looking for more power.

This just made me remember something though. Part of the Equalist movement was appealing to the poor and homeless of Republic City, but the richest people are also non-benders.

And there is the fact that there are countless bullies, robber, and serial killers in the city (likely) that are benders. It would be pleasing to the non-benders to know someone is doing a thing about it. If it wasn't for the fact Amon implies desiring genocide and is targeting innocent benders and other non-benders who support bending, I would be for the Equalists.

Even if Amon does get defeated, he likely will have the city changed for the better in terms of laws in the next season since we know he won't be the main antagonist in that one.

also it doesn't help that everyone is hurt by Firebenders, and blames ALL benders because of one little firebender.

YEAH THANKS FIREBENDERS

Making everything worse for everybody.

also it doesn't help that everyone is hurt by Firebenders, and blames ALL benders because of one little firebender.

YEAH THANKS FIREBENDERS

Making everything worse for everybody.

Honestly, I started laughing about it after the third time.

New Korra clip out on Nick. Korramobile is just win.

Just watched the new episode. Holy crap. I did not see that coming. I know he was bad, but I didn't realise he was that much of an arse.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

What I found interesting is that he started attacking her after she said "You're just as bad as Amon". It could just be that this was the point where he knew there was no chance of Korra working with him...but I think there's more to it. Amon and Tarlock working together for a common goal?

What disturbed me is that Yakone was apparently so good at bloodbending he didn't need to move his hands to control almost the entire court room in the flashback, making me think bloodbending relies on cruelty and sadism. Given Korra getting knocked out were in events directly or indirectly involving Tarrlok, I think the warnings Aang is sending is towards Tarrlok more than Amon.

EDIT: Even high animation quality isn't immune to animation errors...

tumblr_m3y1vcRO7B1qhz4wl.png

[spoiler=Was even made fun of too by Bryan]tumblr_m43iu8TXhC1rptk5lo1_1280.jpg

Just watched the new episode. Holy crap. I did not see that coming. I know he was bad, but I didn't realise he was that much of an arse.

This was the best episode of the series I think.

I agree with both of these statements.

-looks up who yakone is-

Ok. I totally thought it was Tarrlok in the flashback. I guess it would be that Yakone guy.

Still. I don't have enough information on what happened to Yakone, but is it possible Yakone = Tarrlok?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

-looks up who yakone is-

Ok. I totally thought it was Tarrlok in the flashback. I guess it would be that Yakone guy.

Still. I don't have enough information on what happened to Yakone, but is it possible Yakone = Tarrlok?

Since this happened around 40(?) years ago and they look somewhat of the same age, I doubt it. Maybe his father though? They look somewhat the same...

-looks up who yakone is-

Since this happened around 40(?) years ago and they look somewhat of the same age, I doubt it. Maybe his father though? They look somewhat the same...

He's a powerful blood bender which makes him a powerful water bender, and water bending can also be used for healing. It's not that much of a stretch that he also uses his bending to slow down/stop his aging via water bending healing. Which would also explain why he's such a good bender - he's had lots of time to practice. I'd need to hear more about Yakone's story tho, to determine how likely it is that he's still alive and kicking. Either way, it can't be a coincidence that they look the same.

Also, I was talking to a guy who was saying how fire benders seemed to always be the bad benders. Well, Dai Li are bad earthbenders, and we have a bad water bender =D

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

-looks up who yakone is-

He's a powerful blood bender which makes him a powerful water bender, and water bending can also be used for healing. It's not that much of a stretch that he also uses his bending to slow down/stop his aging via water bending healing. Which would also explain why he's such a good bender - he's had lots of time to practice. I'd need to hear more about Yakone's story tho, to determine how likely it is that he's still alive and kicking. Either way, it can't be a coincidence that they look the same.

Also, I was talking to a guy who was saying how fire benders seemed to always be the bad benders. Well, Dai Li are bad earthbenders, and we have a bad water bender =D

I will give you that. Dai li aren't really.. like Bad benders, they're like Nazi Soldiers, You think they're bad, but they're just people following orders

Can't say the same for Him, he's just evil, you can see that look in his eye.

But honestly, Hint at racism much? Oppressing people just because their different? Fun learning.

Enjoyed the episode, though some parts felt a bit rushed. The bits at the beginning with Tenzin's children and the group was pretty funny.

I like to think that Tarrlok's actions against non-benders double as both a power grab and a way to force Amon out into the open for him to take on. Otherwise they just seem two-dimensionally evil. I definitely don't think he's in league with Amon, either. He flipped out when Korra compared them both.

Fun fact time: Yakone translates to "blood on the snow" in an Inuit dialect. The things you can learn on the internet. ~foreshadowing~

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Enjoyed the episode, though some parts felt a bit rushed. The bits at the beginning with Tenzin's children and the group was pretty funny.

I like to think that Tarrlok's actions against non-benders double as both a power grab and a way to force Amon out into the open for him to take on. Otherwise they just seem two-dimensionally evil. I definitely don't think he's in league with Amon, either. He flipped out when Korra compared them both.

Fun fact time: Yakone translates to "blood on the snow" in an Inuit dialect. The things you can learn on the internet. ~foreshadowing~

Yeah, he flipped out, but why? What I've read is that many people considered his expression to be "angry" which wasn't my observation. For me, it looked more like a cross between being shocked and terrified, which would obviously make a connection between those two much more likely.

All I know is that, as good as this series has been so far, it will have to progress by leaps and bounds to have anywhere near the emotional effect on me that TLA did.

I also agree with that. The pause in the series last week led me to rewatch TLA (I apparently can't live without my avatar fix every week :P) and damn, it was good. The legend of korra doesn't have that effect by far. I guess I'm being a bit unfair as I've already watched 60 episodes of TLA(several times) which is obviously more than those 8 of Korra, but...I really don't feel that emotional investment. I couldn't care less about Asami, and Bolin and Make aren't really established characters either. Even Korra is somewhat...bleak.

I also feel like the plot isn't really moving forward. Amon has been established a few episodes earlier, and while things have happened, they kind of always fall in the same category. It's always Amon and the equalists doing their thing, Tarrlok using that ridiculous idea of a council(Really, who thought that was a good idea?) to oppress non-benders more and so on.

At least it looks like we'll be seeing some more epic bending fights now...

It really bothers me how the fire, earth and southern water tribe representatives don't have a voice at all. Only two of the council has actually been developed into characters. I'm not saying they need to be fully developed characters, but it'd be nice if they could show some spine. Some character. Actually say something.

I actually think Tarlok might be controlling council sessions via bloodbending. It's a bit of a stretch, but I can't think of any other good reason that the council (except for Tenzin) seems to blindly follow Tarlok. They could have at least had some of the council votes end with a 3/2 split. Even do it a couple times, so that it can be a different character, to establish that the three nameless council members aren't just mindless drones -.-

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

It really bothers me how the fire, earth and southern water tribe representatives don't have a voice at all. Only two of the council has actually been developed into characters. I'm not saying they need to be fully developed characters, but it'd be nice if they could show some spine. Some character. Actually say something.

I actually think Tarlok might be controlling council sessions via bloodbending. It's a bit of a stretch, but I can't think of any other good reason that the council (except for Tenzin) seems to blindly follow Tarlok. They could have at least had some of the council votes end with a 3/2 split. Even do it a couple times, so that it can be a different character, to establish that the three nameless council members aren't just mindless drones -.-

Unless Tarlok is a BAMF who can bloodbend 24/7 and over distances, it doesn't seem likely(The council members would speak out after they are free from bloodbending control)

But I agree that the council doesn't seem to matter at all. Not only is the whole concept of it very flawed and open for corruption but as you said, Tarrlok has the other three secure in his grip. I hope the show offers an explanation for that later...

Unless Tarlok is a BAMF who can bloodbend 24/7 and over distances, it doesn't seem likely(The council members would speak out after they are free from bloodbending control)

But I agree that the council doesn't seem to matter at all. Not only is the whole concept of it very flawed and open for corruption but as you said, Tarrlok has the other three secure in his grip. I hope the show offers an explanation for that later...

It's not just the fact that they're secure in his grip that bothers me, it's the fact that they have no personality or character at all. Even the way they're animated is very... they way they're drawn or animated makes them look like background characters. They have never even spoken once. They aren't being developed into characters at all. I'm not saying they need to be fully developed characters, but it'd be nice for them to actually have a voice - literally. I mean, think of all the character development Tenzin's kids have had - they are, in theory, less plot significant then these councilors.

I've got nothing against those kids btw. But the councilors are, in theory, making big decisions which affect all of republic city. The task force probably had to get council approval, the council decision not to cancel the pro-bending championship was a council decision, and the legal oppression of non-benders had to get council approval. In theory, this makes ALL of the council more significant to the plot then anything Tenzin's kids have done. Yet only two of the councilors have NAMES.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png