Guest Rob

I don't see a need for Tarrlok's bloodbending origins needing to be a crazy conspiracy. Yakone and Tarrlok being father and son makes sense, is completely possible, and has no chance of loopholes.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Just watched the new episode. Holy crap. I did not see that coming. I know he was bad, but I didn't realise he was that much of an arse.

This was the best episode of the series I think.

I agree with both of these statements.

-looks up who yakone is-

Ok. I totally thought it was Tarrlok in the flashback. I guess it would be that Yakone guy.

Still. I don't have enough information on what happened to Yakone, but is it possible Yakone = Tarrlok?

Since this happened around 40(?) years ago and they look somewhat of the same age, I doubt it. Maybe his father though? They look somewhat the same...

He's a powerful blood bender which makes him a powerful water bender, and water bending can also be used for healing. It's not that much of a stretch that he also uses his bending to slow down/stop his aging via water bending healing. Which would also explain why he's such a good bender - he's had lots of time to practice. I'd need to hear more about Yakone's story tho, to determine how likely it is that he's still alive and kicking. Either way, it can't be a coincidence that they look the same.

I like this explanation a lot more than the Yakone was his father fact. Would have made him severely more bad ass. And now I feel the series is moving too quickly, because just as soon as they build Tarrlok as the bad guy, they strip him of his powers. Although, Amon is now #1 bad ass again, and I'm okay with that seeing as how he aparently isn't exactly human.

...Perhaps he truly is one of the Spirit World creatures like someone mentioned a dozen pages ago.

and I totally called the Tarrlok is evil bit :P

Did they strip him of his powers? I kinda feel that there is a significance to the fact that they didn't show it directly....

Did they strip him of his powers? I kinda feel that there is a significance to the fact that they didn't show it directly....

That's a good point, especially since there seems to be SOME sort of relationship between the two (or some reason for the immense hatred sparked when compared to Amon).

hzvjpwS.gif

That's a good point, especially since there seems to be SOME sort of relationship between the two (or some reason for the immense hatred sparked when compared to Amon).

Exactly. I personally also felt that Tarrlok's "Amon" sounded a bit like he knew him and was surprised he turned up. That might be reading too much into it though.

Another interesting thing is that in the Season finale trailer, there are two scenes where it looks like Mako and Korra are being bloodbended (You know, those shaky, jerky movements). Unless Amon himself is a bloodbender, it would mean that Tarrlok has to retain his powers.

The series will follow Korra as she faces an anti-bender revolt while mastering the art of airbending from Aang and Katara's son, Tenzin.

I wish that sentence was more clear. Is she going to learn from Aang and Tenzin? or just Tenzin, who is Aang and Katara's son?

...Did they ever explain what happened to Yakone or are we just left to assume that he's spending/spent his life in prison?

The series will follow Korra as she faces an anti-bender revolt while mastering the art of airbending from Aang and Katara's son, Tenzin.

I wish that sentence was more clear. Is she going to learn from Aang and Tenzin? or just Tenzin, who is Aang and Katara's son?

Just Tenzin, who is Aang and Katara's son.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

...Did they ever explain what happened to Yakone or are we just left to assume that he's spending/spent his life in prison?

Nope we never really got an explanation for that, so I guess if you mean what I think you do, it's possible they could be father/son.

hzvjpwS.gif

Nope we never really got an explanation for that, so I guess if you mean what I think you do, it's possible they could be father/son.

The last episode kinda explain the relationship >_>

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Did I somehow watch an episode that hasn't been aired yet? Because I explicitly remember seeing Yakone be de-bending powered by Aang and Tarrlok de-powered by Amon.

Yakone after being rendered harmless...what he did is unknown. Obviously he had a kid at one point though. And for now I'm assuming Amon fought through Tarrlok's blood bending due to his ability to nullify chi AND because he has a spiritual essence about him, making him not 100% human, if at all.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Did I somehow watch an episode that hasn't been aired yet? Because I explicitly remember seeing Yakone be de-bending powered by Aang and Tarrlok de-powered by Amon.

Yakone after being rendered harmless...what he did is unknown. Obviously he had a kid at one point though. And for now I'm assuming Amon fought through Tarrlok's blood bending due to his ability to nullify chi AND because he has a spiritual essence about him, making him not 100% human, if at all.

No, no, pretty sure that's the last episode. I watched that too.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

New theory:

Amon is an Avatar that was created when Aang "died" after being hit by Azula's lightning. I'm guessing Aang's first death wasn't "long enough" to fully create the new Avatar so he only got half of the Avatar's powers: the Avatar State (which is why he can take on master benders and resist bloodbending), energybending, and maybe airbending. Korra got the rest, which is why she can't do any of those things.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

New theory:

Amon is an Avatar that was created when Aang "died" after being hit by Azula's lightning. I'm guessing Aang's first death wasn't "long enough" to fully create the new Avatar so he only got half of the Avatar's powers: the Avatar State (which is why he can take on master benders and resist bloodbending), energybending, and maybe airbending. Korra got the rest, which is why she can't do any of those things.

My personal bet is that Amon really is a master waterbender who is playing the Equalists like a fiddle. It is a bit too ridiculous he magically can resist bloodbending (unless the spirits armed him with other things) and Mako looked like he was in a weird position when he was about to do his de-bending thing to Korra.

New theory:

I think we were discussing this or something similar at the beginning of the thread. The only problem I can see with this is that Aang was in the Avatar State at the time that he was struck* so another Avatar shouldn't have been created.

* It's arguable as to whether or not he was truly in the Avatar state, or rather in the process of unlocking his last Chakra before he was struck.

Either way, it seems unlikely that an Avatar would try to do what Amon's doing...On the other hand, to go with your theory, you could say that during the division process you're describing, Korra got the "goodness" of being an Avatar, leaving Amon corrupt/evil. I have a feeling a lot will be explained to us in Korra's flashbacks of Aang.

kH2z6.png

The person on the left is the art for Aang's second son, Bumi (who is a non-bender). I wonder if he is showing up as a general with Iroh II next week given the similar-looking collar.

New theory:

My personal bet is that Amon really is a master waterbender who is playing the Equalists like a fiddle. It is a bit too ridiculous he magically can resist bloodbending (unless the spirits armed him with other things) and Mako looked like he was in a weird position when he was about to do his de-bending thing to Korra.

It was established before Azula zapped Aang that if the Avatar dies in the avatar state, the avatar cycle ends. Plus, your theory makes Amon at least like 90 years old.

Also, I thought of his ability to resist bloodbending was simply an extension of his de-bending powers. He uses his ability to remove bending essence or whatever to remove the bending essence that Tarrlok was putting in his blood.* The reason why he struggled was that Tarrlok kept pumping in this bending essence or what have you to try to keep bloodbending him.

*I don't exactly know how bending works.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Lin :(

Great episode though. Thought it was kind of stupid how the equalists were beating Lin and those guards, who were all masters at their element, but then got their asses handed to them by a few toddlers using basic techniques.

To be fair, the Equalists aren't entirely trained in fighting airbenders as much as water, earth, and firebenders. Their equipment can be blown away easily, airbenders have excellent reflexes, and the children caught them completely off guard. Yeah, it sucked to see Lin was having issues, but there were a lot of chi-blockers at the island and she was caught off-guard by them on the second ship. It's a bit weird a 30-something character sounds like a teenager just to do it for the fanbase.

I'm not sure they had zuko's voice actor voice this new character for the fan base. Probably it was just convenient. It seems like the people most disturbed by it would be those familiar with TLA, since they would hear it and think of zuko, who was a teenager. I do agree there is something to the argument that it does sound a bit young though.

New theory:

It was established before Azula zapped Aang that if the Avatar dies in the avatar state, the avatar cycle ends. Plus, your theory makes Amon at least like 90 years old.

Also, I thought of his ability to resist bloodbending was simply an extension of his de-bending powers. He uses his ability to remove bending essence or whatever to remove the bending essence that Tarrlok was putting in his blood.* The reason why he struggled was that Tarrlok kept pumping in this bending essence or what have you to try to keep bloodbending him.

*I don't exactly know how bending works.

Amon would only be 70 if my theory were correct, and even then age doesn't matter since King Bumi was 112 and could fight without a problem.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Poor Lin :(. Great episode though. Tenzin kicked ass at the beginning of the episode. The episode reminded me of The Day of Black Sun from ATLAB - the plot/atmosphere, mostly. Our season finale comes next week, which I'm looking forward to!

Lin :(

Great episode though. Thought it was kind of stupid how the equalists were beating Lin and those guards, who were all masters at their element, but then got their asses handed to them by a few toddlers using basic techniques.

To be fair, the Equalists aren't entirely trained in fighting airbenders as much as water, earth, and firebenders. Their equipment can be blown away easily, airbenders have excellent reflexes, and the children caught them completely off guard. Yeah, it sucked to see Lin was having issues, but there were a lot of chi-blockers at the island and she was caught off-guard by them on the second ship. It's a bit weird a 30-something character sounds like a teenager just to do it for the fanbase.

Similarly Equalists aren't exactly trained to beat up on children.

I hope they can pick things up for the finale, last episode started off pretty poorly but picked it up as it went on. I think they were really hurt by the shorter season length, even just bumping it up to like 16 episodes would've worked, would've had the decent pacing of LoK without the filler of TLA. They could've used the time to humanise the Equalists, examples of that were v. lacking in the season. They kinda tried to do it last episode w/that prison guard, but it was too little too late, and the whole sabotaging rescue boats thing wasn't too good either.

I liked how at the end Amon didn't bother with any bad guy speech w/Lin when he wouldn't help her, just went "well okay" and debent her.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

... but then got their asses handed to them by a few toddlers using basic techniques.

Fartbending is a technique passed down the ages, I'll have you know.

I am starting to think Meelo is the strongest airbender among the three children.