Guest Rob

There'd better be a full 20 episodes in this book or I'm going to flip shit.

From what I am aware of, Book 1 is 12 and Book 2 would be 14 since LoK is meant to be 26. Of course, given how widely successful this series is, I would not be surprised one bit if the creators decided to contemplate on a third. That's just me and my crazy imagination though.

It's amazing how Amon is somehow still able to legitimately scare me, and I have a very difficult time to get the feel of horror to where I've yawned and giggled with amusement at movies and books that supposed to be terrifying.

EDIT: Anyone else took observation at how all the platinum in Hiroshi's workshop alone almost rivals the amount we ever mined in human history? Those were just the prototypes.

Star Wars references. Star Wars references everywhere.

I was worried that Sato's daughter was getting too 'damsel in distressy' when she was left alone to guard the bound metalbender, but she ended up kicking some ass at the end to make up for it. Fight scenes are certainly 100x better in this series.

And honestly, all of the elements can be super lethal.

Earth->metal bending. People wear armor, they could more or less just manipulate the people like Magneto does Wolverine

Water-> drown people, or better rip their organs/blood out from their skin

Air-> literally rip the air out of someone and suffocate them by either draining them, or suppressing their lungs

Fire-> it's friggin fire.

Question: Is it possible to bend more than one element if you are not the avatar? Only the Avatar possesses the ability to master all 4 elements, but what if you were just kind of "eh" at 2 or 3 of them?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

You barely touched the tip of the iceberg (pun not intended) on the creativity of how outright lethal and sinister waterbending and airbending (given how Monk Gyatso's corpse was serene and above masses of fire nation soldier skeletons, all powered by a comet at the time) can really be, making one glad they are the passive ones. It's uncertain if Katara decided to proactively use bloodbending and someone exploited it or someone else learned it on their own and begain spreading it, but even then that is just one of many options a waterbending criminal has, such as boiling their victims, freezing them using plants to strangle, creating a mist to sneak attack. To be honest, this is sorta why I want the Triads to be a focus in Season 2 just to show Earthbenders and Waterbenders are just as brutal and vicious (and possibly creepy, hopefully) they can be.

I should really stop delving into the horror implications category with this series...

Oh god... An airbender could force air into a person's lungs until they exploded. That's not an instant death either. You'd die after suffocating or bleeding too much. That's going to take at most 3 or 4 minutes but I imagine having your lungs exploded hurts like hell for the entire duration.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Oh god... An airbender could force air into a person's lungs until they exploded. That's not an instant death either. You'd die after suffocating or bleeding too much. That's going to take at most 3 or 4 minutes but I imagine having your lungs exploded hurts like hell for the entire duration.

Note the air in the bloodstream too. Oh the joy, do you want them frozen (blood/water) or have the bends and be in pain or possible paralysis? I am against the Equalists, but I can see how they have legit reasons given mentally unstable person + bending + creativity = Oh crap. Then have them en masse in a triad, focused on a select few when extorting or worse.

Damn, I find discussing the horrific creativity with bending more interesting than the actual plot.

There'd better be a full 20 episodes in this book or I'm going to flip shit.

From what I am aware of, Book 1 is 12 and Book 2 would be 14 since LoK is meant to be 26. Of course, given how widely successful this series is, I would not be surprised one bit if the creators decided to contemplate on a third. That's just me and my crazy imagination though.

It's amazing how Amon is somehow still able to legitimately scare me, and I have a very difficult time to get the feel of horror to where I've yawned and giggled with amusement at movies and books that supposed to be terrifying.

EDIT: Anyone else took observation at how all the platinum in Hiroshi's workshop alone almost rivals the amount we ever mined in human history? Those were just the prototypes.

Yep, Korra was originally meant to be just one season of 12 episodes, but they were given a second by Nickelodeon along with an option for more if they want to keep going. I think the first season was pretty much finished before they were given the go-ahead for a second one so you can expect the whole Amon storyline to not be dragged over another season, I think.

And Amon's ability to pretty much instantly maim a bender is pretty creepy, yeah.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I was laughing really hard at the end of that.

It's true though. Can you imagine how messed up you'd have to be to drown somebody with your waterbending? Earthbenders would have to crush their victim, and that can get pretty messy.

That was directed at the video in the post above yours. ;)

i think i finally understand why i didn't like LOK. TLA was a fun adventure. LOK takes it up a notch and makes itself seem more serious. the problem is that it needs to be childish enough for its audience (being on Nickelodeon and all). so what you have is a confused story that is neither mature nor childish fun. i understand what they tried to get at but they failed miserably. i guess it's perfect for middling teens. but as for me, i'm done with the show. couldn't even be bothered to watch the last episode.

also, pro-bending seems to be an important part of the story line. unfortunately, it's a really crappy sport. i'd rather watch a game of hockey.

Here's a thought on AOE bending being used to defeat equalists: they are fighting in a CITY. The first time Korra fought the triad thugs, she was almost thrown in jail for all the property damage she caused.

Also, most of the benders in ATLA were exceptional bending prodigies.

Also, food for thought: before Aang, you didn't find out you were the avatar until you were 16. You didn't master a second element until you were probably like 20 or something.

One thing I still wonder about though: Metalbenders are basically just earthbenders, except that they've had some training in using the little scraps of earth inside metal to bend that, right? Shouldn't they realize by now that it would be smarter to go with normal earthbending against an enemy who uses electricity?

I don't think they can do much regular earthbending. It makes more sense if you think that they can only (effectively) bend metal and not earth.

Another piece of food for thought: the anti-bending revolution has reached the point, imo, where removing Amon from the picture won't accomplish much The war and the anti-bending movement has enough momentum that removing Amon won't stop it. Amon took advantage of a large amount of non-benders ALREADY pissed off at benders.

i think i finally understand why i didn't like LOK. TLA was a fun adventure. LOK takes it up a notch and makes itself seem more serious. the problem is that it needs to be childish enough for its audience (being on Nickelodeon and all). so what you have is a confused story that is neither mature nor childish fun. i understand what they tried to get at but they failed miserably. i guess it's perfect for middling teens. but as for me, i'm done with the show. couldn't even be bothered to watch the last episode.

also, pro-bending seems to be an important part of the story line. unfortunately, it's a really crappy sport. i'd rather watch a game of hockey.

I don't exactly know how well-liked Legend of Korra is, but I get the impression young adults (you know, 20 year olds) are fond of the show. And as best as I can tell, it's really popular. IF true, they didn't fail miserably and it isn't just for middling teens. (All I know for a fact about it's popularity consist of this thread, discussions of it on ISE, the fact that ATLA was really popular and that Nick devoted a decent amount of their website to the show.)

EDIT: Random thought. We've seen bending being taken away. How cool would it be if bending was given to? Give some non-bender bending.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

EDIT: Random thought. We've seen bending being taken away. How cool would it be if bending was given to? Give some non-bender bending.

Cool thought, and I just had flashbacks to the Mistborn series.

You guys have seen the Avatar Genetics video, right?

Four dominant bending genes, and one recessive makes-you-not-a-bender gene. Water overrides earth overrides fire overrides air overrides water if more than one bending gene is present. Sometimes there can be a half-and-half or one-in-four chance between multiple types, if you have water and fire heredity or genes for all bending types.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Still feeling sad no new episode this week. At least it is known there is one the next. Given how it is sorta is halfway in episode count to the end of the first book, anybody feel the need to indulge in some theories?

At least I will still be reminded how terrifying Amon's voice is since Toonami is returning on the same day.

Still feeling sad no new episode this week. At least it is known there is one the next. Given how it is sorta is halfway in episode count to the end of the first book, anybody feel the need to indulge in some theories?

At least I will still be reminded how terrifying Amon's voice is since Toonami is returning on the same day.

There's no new episode? :sad:

I think Korra is going to visit the spirit world to find out how Amon takes bending away.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

How long will this Amon story drag out?

I mean, he's a really good villain, but I would think I would get bored of him after one season.

Maybe Korra will use energy bending to take away Amon's energy bending.

That would feel cheap. He's an expert with an unflinching demeanor and likely a will of reinforced titanium. If such a thing is even possible.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Maybe Korra will use energy bending to take away Amon's energy bending.

That would feel cheap. He's an expert with an unflinching demeanor and likely a will of reinforced titanium. If such a thing is even possible.

Now that I think about it, the creators of the show said they didn't want a repeat of of TLAB. So having the same resolutions wouldn't exactly be logical.

Maybe she'll just end up killing Amon?

The show's pretty dark already, and I think her killing Amon would bring out a kind of "dark side" to her.

Similar to: [spoiler=Breaking Bad spoilers]When Jesse in Breaking Bad killed Gale, and how he was never the same person again after that. He lost his innocence.

While the show is pretty dark, I don't think Nicklodeon will allow anyone to die. I think Amon will defeat Korra, but before he can take her bending the spirits arrive because of deus ex machina, tell Amon how he's been abusing his powers, and either take his powers away or bring him to the spirit world forever.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

While the show is pretty dark, I don't think Nicklodeon will allow anyone to die. I think Amon will defeat Korra, but before he can take her bending the spirits arrive because of deus ex machina, tell Amon how he's been abusing his powers, and either take his powers away or bring him to the spirit world forever.

Oddly, I pictured Koh would be involved at least, accidentally dragging Korra into the spirit world and giving her a greeting, displaying Amon's face (his eyes can give an expression, which would likely be enough for him to snatch it).

I don't know why I insist on sticking with Koh. Maybe it is because he is a trickster mentor to the Avatar (in a dark way) and is willing to do something vicious in the event the Avatar is failing to achieve balance. The whole "I got this power from spirits" thing is just screaming to get bitten in the ass given that most spirits aren't stupid enough to wreck balance or get the Avatar slain.

Yeah if you remember Jeb from The Last Airbender, his "death" was left intentionally vague, and the creators even poked fun at that later on in the play satire of the series.

hzvjpwS.gif

Yeah if you remember Jet from The Last Airbender, his "death" was left intentionally vague, and the creators even poked fun at that later on in the play satire of the series.

They sorta had to given how Western Animation has a sort of "Never say die" directly. That is why the "Amon gets sent to the Spirit World" is perfect in two ways: It is left to simply implying and Amon cannot exactly be a martyr if he didn't leave a body behind. There was a game somewhere that had that with Kuruk's wife when Koh stole her face, so it isn't an ass pull.