Guest Rob

I was about to go to bed, damn you new episode!

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Goddamn, that was spectacular. The Equalists must have some industrial backers to be able to have such advanced technology and, you know, keep their own airship under wraps.

Speculation: Amon/an Equalist bribed the refs because he needed the Wolfbats to win, otherwise the Fire Ferrets/Korra would've been on-stage ready to be de-bended. I am going to go ahead and guess it's either Sato or Asami because they weren't shown at all while all of it was going down.

e - also holy [bleep] those fight scenes at the end. Pro-bending ain't got nothing on them.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Goddamn, that was spectacular. The Equalists must have some industrial backers to be able to have such advanced technology and, you know, keep their own airship under wraps.

Speculation: Amon/an Equalist bribed the refs because he needed the Wolfbats to win, otherwise the Fire Ferrets/Korra would've been on-stage ready to be de-bended. I am going to go ahead and guess it's either Sato or Asami because they weren't shown at all while all of it was going down.

e - also holy [bleep] those fight scenes at the end. Pro-bending ain't got nothing on them.

I think Sato and Asami are working for Amon as well, but the Wolfbats bribed the ref themselves. On that note, what the hell is up with the regulations on that? Surely there must be someone who has the power to call on the ref's bullshit. Sure some refs make bad calls that sometimes favor another team, but that was blatantly letting them cheat. It'd be like if the ref in tennis (does he have a different title?) allows one player to let the ball grind to a halt before picking it up and putting it back in play and then everyone just lets it happen.

And yeah, that fight was glorious. Chief Beifong is a damn pro.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I think Sato and Asami are working for Amon as well, but the Wolfbats bribed the ref themselves. On that note, what the hell is up with the regulations on that? Surely there must be someone who has the power to call on the ref's bullshit. Sure some refs make bad calls that sometimes favor another team, but that was blatantly letting them cheat. It'd be like if the ref in tennis (does he have a different title?) allows one player to let the ball grind to a halt before picking it up and putting it back in play and then everyone just lets it happen.

And yeah, that fight was glorious. Chief Beifong is a damn pro.

[hide]Yeah, the wolfbats wouldn't have cheated so blatantly if they didn't know the ref was bribed. I think Amon knew though - I'm sure he counted on the wolfbats to win, as he doesn't want to take away Korra's bending.

And I don't think there's any regulation for the ref. As long as you can't prove that he's been bribed, his decision counts. It's actually not that uncommon and works similar in rl sports too. I don't think the cheating was *that* obvious. Obvious yes, but not so extreme that he couldn't claim he didn't notice. You have to keep in mind the show clearly wants us to know the wolfbats are cheating, but from a spectators perspective, those fights are pretty quick, and as such you can somewhat reasonably explain how you missed that.

Korra also seems to have improved a bit. A few episodes earlier, those equalists would probably have been able to beat her.[/hide]

[hide]

Does anyone else think it's kind of interesting that Tenzin and Chief Beifong had a 'thing'? Seeing as they're Aang's and Toph's kids.

Also, yeah. Dat fight scene. Did anyone else catch the cabbage man reference at the beginning of the episode?

[/hide]

Just a quick question.

What site do you guys use to watch it?

I download them personally, but I can PM you a decent streaming site.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I usually just google search "Legend Of Korra episode __" and sift through sites until I find one that works. Usually it's the very first one that comes up.

[hide]

Does anyone else think it's kind of interesting that Tenzin and Chief Beifong had a 'thing'? Seeing as they're Aang's and Toph's kids.

Also, yeah. Dat fight scene. Did anyone else catch the cabbage man reference at the beginning of the episode?

[/hide]

I didn't catch the Cabbage Merchant reference yet. I will re-watch to see.

Also, I love how the pro-bending and fighting in this episode is showing Korra's character development as an Avatar. She gives off the feel of being a totally different person compared to the more hot-headed and Leeroy Jenkins-esqe person she was in the first episode. She even went toe-to-toe to The Lieutenant when compared to getting her ass handed by mere foot soldiers 3 episodes prior.

For my theory, I think The Wolfbats bribed the ref themselves and Amon was listening in on the match since Shiro was announcing the cheating play-by-play. I hope the victory is given to the Fire Ferrets at least (and likely will remove the Wolfbats' records for winning).

Since the arena and building is a wreck, does this mean Mako and Bolin will be staying at Air Temple Island for the rest of the season?

Iirc it was said that the entire series will take place within Republic City. They didn't want Korra traveling everywhere because it would make it too similar to TLAB, which makes sense. I think that Republic City is large and diverse enough to have a similar effect, though.

I wonder if the next episode, "The Aftermath", is going to be basically the group coping with what just happened.

Also, I found this a bit disturbing.

tumblr_m3xiiagHhU1rsgkafo1_500.gif

Yeah, the commercial pop-up during Episode 6 (for anyone watching it on the TV was just inappropriate in timing...

I wonder if the next episode, "The Aftermath", is going to be basically the group coping with what just happened.

Also, I found this a bit disturbing.

tumblr_m3xiiagHhU1rsgkafo1_500.gif

Yeah, the commercial pop-up during Episode 6 (for anyone watching it on the TV was just inappropriate in timing...

LOL!

my theory? i'm willing to bet that the mayor of Republic City [the council dude task force mofo] is actually Amon. Whose name is oddly close to "Anon" for a dude that wears a white mask. This would give him power, intelligence, and stability. No matter how star wars-y.

And yeah I noticed a lot of numbers references, too. 4th championship lead to the loss of powers [Chinese 4, meaning death], Korra was born after Aang, where the series takes place 70 years after TLAB ended [Hebrew 70, meaning full life]...I love that it's still such a culture rich show

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Hmm, I wonder if having one's bending taken away also prevents their future children from being benders. It seems like the perma chi block happens on the spiritual level rather than on the genetic level (If bending even relies on genetics).

I also think Amon is using his powers in slightly the wrong way. I'm thinking it was intended that he only take away the powers of benders who use their bending for evil, but since he see all benders as evil, he's going for everyone.

@RPG: Tarrlok is a bender and his face clearly isn't burned.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Hmm, I wonder if having one's bending taken away also prevents their future children from being benders. It seems like the perma chi block happens on the spiritual level rather than on the genetic level (If bending even relies on genetics).

I also think Amon is using his powers in slightly the wrong way. I'm thinking it was intended that he only take away the powers of benders who use their bending for evil, but since he see all benders as evil, he's going for everyone.

@RPG: Tarrlok is a bender and his face clearly isn't burned.

I personally think his "energybending" is either efficiently removing the chi used to bend or just locks it up by screwing with the thought chakra. As for targeting, I believe he is aiming for the ones everyone universally sees as evil just to build up followers before he feels he can go for innocent benders without any backlash.

Although he did harm non-benders (like Shiro, who was announcing the terror to everyone else in the city), which may or may not bite him in the ass later. As for the Tarrlok = Amon theory, we can't fully trust if Amon's story is legit or constructing it for his audience, but it is easy to dismiss since Tarrlok's eyes don't look amber/gold like Amon's.

And it's nice to know someone else noticed the number 4 playing out for the Wolfbats.

Finally got to see Tenzin do some airbending, even if it was only a little bit.

Also I hope it's the exact same Firebender that's been going around killing everybody's parents. I was honestly surprised they went with fire again, that's, what, three times in a row? I would've expected them to mix it up with maybe a waterbender/earthbender just to cement the whole "all benders can be arseholes" aspect. But I guess it fits with the Fire Nation.

I liked how the metalbenders breached the factory like a proper SWAT team, but with the hands ready to bend instead of guns.

Really like how the season is progressing so far. I hope the finale is a giant robot versus giant avatar state Korra but that is probably too ~anime~.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

One thing I still wonder about though: Metalbenders are basically just earthbenders, except that they've had some training in using the little scraps of earth inside metal to bend that, right? Shouldn't they realize by now that it would be smarter to go with normal earthbending against an enemy who uses electricity?

I can't get over the fight scenes! They're so much better than TLAB. Really looking forward to the rest of the series, as usual!

One thing I still wonder about though: Metalbenders are basically just earthbenders, except that they've had some training in using the little scraps of earth inside metal to bend that, right? Shouldn't they realize by now that it would be smarter to go with normal earthbending against an enemy who uses electricity?

I assume it's just force of habit. If they use Earthbending normally 90% of the time they end up tearing up the city. And until last episode, the only dude who was using electricity was Amon's lieutenant, I think.

Maybe Lin will use some earthbending now she's quit the force. She's been Spiderman and Wolverine, now she can be Batman. :v

Also, Amoan everybody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84lw4ouziF4

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Finally got to see Tenzin do some airbending, even if it was only a little bit.

Also I hope it's the exact same Firebender that's been going around killing everybody's parents. I was honestly surprised they went with fire again, that's, what, three times in a row? I would've expected them to mix it up with maybe a waterbender/earthbender just to cement the whole "all benders can be arseholes" aspect. But I guess it fits with the Fire Nation.

I liked how the metalbenders breached the factory like a proper SWAT team, but with the hands ready to bend instead of guns.

Really like how the season is progressing so far. I hope the finale is a giant robot versus giant avatar state Korra but that is probably too ~anime~.

Fire made sense for Amon's backstory. They needed him to be permanently disfigured but not crippled. It also made sense for Sato's backstory, because Asami started dating Mako who is a firebender. Adds to the hatred and whatnot. For Bolin and Mako's backstory it could have been any of the three I suppose. I guess it had something to do with water- and earthbenders needing to be serious sadists to straight up kill somebody with their bending where firebenders can easily kill or scar without much effort.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I was laughing really hard at the end of that.

It's true though. Can you imagine how messed up you'd have to be to drown somebody with your waterbending? Earthbenders would have to crush their victim, and that can get pretty messy.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I was laughing really hard at the end of that.

It's true though. Can you imagine how messed up you'd have to be to drown somebody with your waterbending? Earthbenders would have to crush their victim, and that can get pretty messy.

It could be worse. Waterbenders could boil their victims, bloodbend them into suicide, and other things that shouldn't be delved into.

Anyways, it appears there won't be new episodes for awhile. I noticed how the episodes seem to have subtle relations to Korra getting a certain chakra nature locked and eventually overcoming it, and it's only 5 episodes till the end of book 1 (where they mentioned Amon is the main antagonist for this one). So we should see Korra being able to airbend/converse with Aang/go avatar state soon. In fact, she's gotten flashbacks every 2 episodes since "Voices In The Night", and the next one to come (eventually) is #8.

EDIT: In fact, I noticed the even numbered episodes had Korra get some development spiritually. 2 involved her moving like an airbender, 4 was the first flashback, and 6 was another. It wouldn't be much of a stretch 8, 10, and 12 (the final) would be significant to Korra's spiritual development?