Guest Rob

... but then got their asses handed to them by a few toddlers using basic techniques.

Fartbending is a technique passed down the ages, I'll have you know.

That wasn't even the silly part, though. The equalists just stood still looking slightly confused while Ikki slowly knocked them over. :razz:

New theory:

Amon is an Avatar that was created when Aang "died" after being hit by Azula's lightning. I'm guessing Aang's first death wasn't "long enough" to fully create the new Avatar so he only got half of the Avatar's powers: the Avatar State (which is why he can take on master benders and resist bloodbending), energybending, and maybe airbending. Korra got the rest, which is why she can't do any of those things.

My personal bet is that Amon really is a master waterbender who is playing the Equalists like a fiddle. It is a bit too ridiculous he magically can resist bloodbending (unless the spirits armed him with other things) and Mako looked like he was in a weird position when he was about to do his de-bending thing to Korra.

It was established before Azula zapped Aang that if the Avatar dies in the avatar state, the avatar cycle ends. Plus, your theory makes Amon at least like 90 years old.

Also, I thought of his ability to resist bloodbending was simply an extension of his de-bending powers. He uses his ability to remove bending essence or whatever to remove the bending essence that Tarrlok was putting in his blood.* The reason why he struggled was that Tarrlok kept pumping in this bending essence or what have you to try to keep bloodbending him.

*I don't exactly know how bending works.

Amon would only be 70 if my theory were correct, and even then age doesn't matter since King Bumi was 112 and could fight without a problem.

I'm pretty sure earth benders age far, far slower then regular benders. Think about how long King Bumi and the last earth Avatar lived. Meanwhile, Aang dies a natural death at the age of 66. (Time spent frozen underwater doesn't count.)

So, you're right, Amon would be 70 by your theory... and the master water bender that taught Katara at the north pole was Katara's grandmother's age. So, his age might not be that implausible after all.

Still, I think my other point still stands. If the Avatar dies in the Avatar state, the avatar cycle ends. It wouldn't make sense for a new avatar to have been born at that point.

Lin :(

Great episode though. Thought it was kind of stupid how the equalists were beating Lin and those guards, who were all masters at their element, but then got their asses handed to them by a few toddlers using basic techniques.

To be fair, the Equalists aren't entirely trained in fighting airbenders as much as water, earth, and firebenders. Their equipment can be blown away easily, airbenders have excellent reflexes, and the children caught them completely off guard. Yeah, it sucked to see Lin was having issues, but there were a lot of chi-blockers at the island and she was caught off-guard by them on the second ship. It's a bit weird a 30-something character sounds like a teenager just to do it for the fanbase.

I actually thought this several times throughout the show. There are currently only FOUR functional air benders in the entire planet. Equalist training involves being taught how to fight benders. Different strategies for different benders. Air bending is a very unique style and it would be exceedingly difficult to study their style to learn how to fight them, and virtually impossible to have any equalist practice fighting airbenders. Meanwhile, some of the teachers of the equalist fighting style would have, at some point, would have fought water, earth or firebenders if for no other reason then to practice. In fact, equalists fighting thugs from the triads and other republic city gangs would be perfect and very plausible practice for a lot of the more experienced equalists to have fought.

The same thing existed in ATLA actually, Aang have an advantage on virtually everyone he fought in that no one knew the air-bending fighting style, whereas Aang, at the very least, had a basic understanding of theirs.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'm not sure they had zuko's voice actor voice this new character for the fan base. Probably it was just convenient. It seems like the people most disturbed by it would be those familiar with TLA, since they would hear it and think of zuko, who was a teenager. I do agree there is something to the argument that it does sound a bit young though.

I thought the implication was that the guy was Zuko's son / grandson and Zuko had named him after Iroh? In that case it makes sense to use Zuko's voice actor, they would have similar voices.

But Iroh II is 30 something. Zuko was a teenager in TLA. It'd be like if they gave 40 year old Aang 12 year old Aang's voice.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I heard that Season 2 will air in 2013 or something. Bit annoying, that, although it is understandable (storyboarding and animating and all that stuff).

:( Oh please no.

I heard that Season 2 will air in 2013 or something. Bit annoying, that, although it is understandable (storyboarding and animating and all that stuff).

:( Oh please no.

The Mayan Calender better back off for the Korra fandom if it knows any better. There were rumors floating around about a 3rd season being considered due to popularity. Of course, given Nick's shows until now since 2008, it's perfectly reasonable.

Speaking of fandoms, it seems proposing that Iroh II isn't going to be as excellent a general as displayed is enough to set some off. I mean, he is the youngest general and the promos shown us hints of how well his fleet will be.

I love that Zuko's lineage was continued with Iroh II. The voice was fitting just to enforce the point that he'll play a similar intertwined fate to the avatar as Zuko did [and Roku's best friend whose name escapes me].

New theory on Amon's identity[my brother's idea since we've been rewatching TLA series lately]:

Remember when Zuko first abandoned Iroh in book 2? He came across a village where the earthbender army acted as a bunch of bullies to torment the peasant class. His last silver pieces was spent on food that was then stolen by these army men because a kid [i want to call him Jack?] threw something at the soldiers and they blamed Zuko. Zuko faught them off and the kid brought him to his house to feed his ostrich. At this house Zuko found humility in helping the father complete the roof of the farm while being questioned of his identity. After dismissing the question, they ceased to pursue the answer, but revealed that the child's older brother was off fighting the war. The soldiers came the next day to say the eldest son had been captured and likely killed. Zuko fights them again and reveals that he is the prince of the Fire Nation. The child, who had looked to Zuko as a brother since they met was disheartened and claimed to hate Zuko for being who he was, and returned Zuko's favorite knife inscribed something along the lines of "never give up without a fight".

Facts:

1) Amon claimed to have grown up in a small village

2) on a farm

3) hates benders [as they, in this case killed his brother and his spirited youth]

4) kid had violence inscribed in his mind at a young age [was maybe 10 when Aang was 12 making him as Amon ~70]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I still find it highly unlikely that Amon is a character from TLA. It is possible that he might be related to the cast somehow, though; I'd like to think that he's a brand new character (by that I mean his secret identity).

I still find it highly unlikely that Amon is a character from TLA. It is possible that he might be related to the cast somehow, though; I'd like to think that he's a brand new character (by that I mean his secret identity).

I have a feeling he'll be tied back to the original cast in one way or another, probably to an antagonist. Could he be related to Azula?

I like your theory RPG, especially since it would give a bit more purpose to that episode, which was largely considered to be a filler (at least that part of it). I expect Amon to be a bit younger though - maybe in his 40s at the oldest. Most of the villains in TLAB/LOK seem to be younger, so I assume it'll follow that trend. He could be related to that boy, though.

I hope that there's all this big buildup to Korra unmasking Amon and when she does he is just a random guy with a hideously disfigured face and everybody feels really awkward. I am a simple man with simple desires.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I hope that there's all this big buildup to Korra unmasking Amon and when she does he is just a random guy with a hideously disfigured face and everybody feels really awkward. I am a simple man with simple desires.

I hope he's one of the swamp people.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Or he remains unmasked because there is no body left behind.

So Season Finale tomorrow. Can't wait for an hour of fighting, plot twists, Amon scaring the crap out of me, and delicious drama ending. I am still curious how Season 2 is going to play out. It's a shame I don't have a stash of candy to eat when the premiere occurs. <_<

I've only seen around half of the episodes. I'm really conflicted about watching the finale in an hour.

Should I skip it for now and watch it on demand or wait for reruns or something?

EDIT: Watchin' it anyways.

Well, now we know who Amon is. Can't say I expected that.

EDITEDIT: Ooooooh that scene. That one scene. All of my tears.

EDITEDITEDIT: That was. Just. Really. Really, Mako? Just really. Damnit.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Aside from Korra keeping her airbending after the fake energybending thing, it seems interesting how Season 2 is going to be given Korra can bend 4 elements. Will we get to see the changes that are shown with non-benders benefiting with new laws? Right now, I am figuring Korra is perfecting her airbending as well as learning the Avatar State for next season.

Also, yellowy glow eyes compared to bright blue is rather interesting.

Just watched it. Now I have to wait a whole year for the next season.

I kinda like how everything ties in with TLA. Book 1 is Water, then Earth, then Fire. Then we have LoK which starts out with Air. Going to be interesting to see what the next book will be called.

Not much comments on the actual episode except

I was right :razz: on Amon.

Nice to see more of that energybending magic and Aang too.

Just watched it. Now I have to wait a whole year for the next season.

I kinda like how everything ties in with TLA. Book 1 is Water, then Earth, then Fire. Then we have LoK which starts out with Air. Going to be interesting to see what the next book will be called.

Not much comments on the actual episode except

There is actually Book 4 - Air for TLA, it's the series of comics called The Promise that fill in much of the time between TLA and LOK

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide]

While I have to say that I still don't like Amon being a bloodbender (I would have found it far more interesting if there actually were spirits involved), I think this was done quite well with that as the planned story. I just hope that they don't completely drop the topic of non-bender oppression. Saying "everything's alright now because Amon was a liar" would be wrong.

[/hide]

[hide]

While I have to say that I still don't like Amon being a bloodbender (I would have found it far more interesting if there actually were spirits involved), I think this was done quite well with that as the planned story. I just hope that they don't completely drop the topic of non-bender oppression. Saying "everything's alright now because Amon was a liar" would be wrong.

[/hide]

Especially the fact the person leading them was the thing they loathed, it might make it worse. Sure, the group is broken and decapitated, but they're still going to be there for awhile.

I am curious how Korra is going to find the time to restore bending to hundreds of people and how it will be organized. I assume there will be a fresh new council, Beifong restored as chief, and visible effects with laws in favor of non-benders.

Since Korra is essentially a realized avatar, how will they give an enemy? My bets are on spirits since it was mentioned people are abandoning the spiritual aspect of bending and could be a good plot point in the future. Or triads.

The finale was good, but I didn't like how Korra is able to restore bending to others. It kind of makes Amon look cheap now.

But holy crap, that murder/suicide by Tarrlok. Didn't see that one coming at all. Don't know how that was even greenlit by Nickelodeon.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

So, how do you guys think Amon used Bloodbending the way he did?

My theory is that he created blood clots in certain points that blocked their Chi, a la Ty Lee.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

[hide]I think given how he was using 'psychic bloodbending techniques' that he was unknowingly energy bending to block peoples bending.[/hide]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue