Guest Rob

Well, I believe that this was done intentionally to show how much Tarrlok has them in his control, but I agree with you that they should by fleshed out more, maybe explain why they are always agreeing with Tarrlok etc...

All I know is that, as good as this series has been so far, it will have to progress by leaps and bounds to have anywhere near the emotional effect on me that TLA did.

I have to agree with you here... Perhaps it's because I watched the series for so long/connected with the characters so well, but TLA had a huge effect on me. I think TLK can do the same, provided some of the same messages get put into a few episodes soon.

Remember, TLA had 61 episodes to tell a single main story. LoK only has 12. There's no time for whole episodes of filler where characters learn life lessons. They can only keep driving the plot forward, which they're doing beautifully by the way.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Remember, TLA had 61 episodes to tell a single main story. LoK only has 12. There's no time for whole episodes of filler where characters learn life lessons. They can only keep driving the plot forward, which they're doing beautifully by the way.

I heard there was 2 seasons? So wouldn't it be more like 20+ episodes? Your point still stands though and I agree.

Staurolite.png

I heard there was 2 seasons? So wouldn't it be more like 20+ episodes? Your point still stands though and I agree.

Yeah it's 26 episodes altogether, though season 2 will most likely focus on a different story from what I've heard. So Riku's right, there are only really 12 episodes to tell the entire story of Amon.

Yeah it's 26 episodes altogether, though season 2 will most likely focus on a different story from what I've heard. So Riku's right, there are only really 12 episodes to tell the entire story of Amon.

Pretty sure they said season 2 would have a different villain, and I think it's obvious who that will be given the last episode :P

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

This episode was the best so far imo. I'm also going to watch some old TLA episodes now, everything from before the book of fire is hazy at best.

I believe Korra is going to connect to the spirit world next episode and learn how to airbend to escape whatever prison they Tarlok sent her off to. Seems a given. Can't wait to see it^^

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Pretty sure they said season 2 would have a different villain, and I think it's obvious who that will be given the last episode :P

Interesting... I thought Amon would be the entire storyline of LOK but I'm glad it will be finished this season. I don't really think *he* might be the villain in season 2, but it's certainly possible :P

Staurolite.png

I'm kinda disappointed that we all got for an explanation for Tarrlok's Bloodbending was "He's Yakone's son". I don't really like the idea of just randomly giving characters certain powers without some explanation to them. But it's not that important either.

I also think Amon just got a deal more terrifying. Being able to shrug off bloodbending just like that, when even Aang wasn't able to do it without the Avatar state...

Interesting is that while the Bloodbending immediately ceased working on Aang when he went into the Avatar state, Amon struggled against it for a tiny amount of time. I guess that makes a link between the Avatar(generally, not Korra) and Amon less likely

I'm kinda disappointed that we all got for an explanation for Tarrlok's Bloodbending was "He's Yakone's son". I don't really like the idea of just randomly giving characters certain powers without some explanation to them. But it's not that important either.

I also think Amon just got a deal more terrifying. Being able to shrug off bloodbending just like that, when even Aang wasn't able to do it without the Avatar state...

Interesting is that while the Bloodbending immediately ceased working on Aang when he went into the Avatar state, Amon struggled against it for a tiny amount of time. I guess that makes a link between the Avatar(generally, not Korra) and Amon less likely

Interesting that I had a theory that Tarrlok might have been genetically related to Yakone somewhere around Episode 7 or so. Kinda amused my theory of "bloodbending is illegal by law" was correct.

Since the next three episodes are going to involve the Equalists causing hell (the promo showed Amon about to de-bend Korra), anyone get the feeling they're just trying to make Amon as terrifying (and effective) as possible until the moment Korra can turn it around?

Just a theory/opinion, feel free to pick it too pieces. What if Amon was a cyborg? I mean, he was partially affected by Tarlok before he powered through him, and the equalists clearly have advanced technology meaning he could have been one.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Well, I like the explanation in the episode. Some benders are just REALLY, REALLY GOOD. Toph created metal bending, there's combustion man... Some people are good benders, and it could be genetic. Remember, bending is both an innate and an acquired skill - you need an innate ability to bend, but you still need a teacher of some sort. Tarrlok, being Yakone's son, was both born with a strong innate ability, and was likely trained by him at some point.

Also, they specify that no witness saw Yakone bending during the full moon, EVER. If they talk about bloodbending more, expect this to be brought up.

Just a theory/opinion, feel free to pick it too pieces. What if Amon was a cyborg? I mean, he was partially affected by Tarlok before he powered through him, and the equalists clearly have advanced technology meaning he could have been one.

Him ignoring bloodbending is more likely an extension of his own ability to remove bending. Worth noting - combustion man. I'd say you're crazy, but I'm pretty sure combustion man was something resembling a cyborg, in which case a very secluded, hidden group (if it was a big group, we should've seen more people like him) would have had cyborg technology for decades...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Metalbending just had to be discovered though, where bloodbending usually needs the strength from the full moon, so it's not quite the same.

I would rather see the parallel between combustion man and Yakone/Tarrlok, as in they have unique abilites that cannot be explained with normal bending.

As for Amon, I really think he's energybending, and somehow that gave him the power to overcome Tarrlok's bloodbending. Remember we don't really know much about energybending yet.

There are two possibilites I can see how he came to that power, either because he was born with, similar to Yakone/Tarrlok/Combustion Man; Or he did indeed learnt it from a spirit for whatever reason.

I think it'll just be that he has the power/strength of will or whatever to just push through Tarrlok's bending. It's a lot simpler than cyborg technology, and it makes Amon more effective as a villain. Though it would be hilarious if Korra hit Amon with a fire blast and part of his mask/face came off to show a glowing red eye, Terminator-style.

The episode felt really rushed. Between the love triangle bit and the flashback (I was not a fan of Sokka's VA, same with Aang's but to a lesser extent), along with the polarbeardog ex machina, I wasn't too fond of it. A definite step down from last episode, at least. Lin ramping that tram, Aang's airball 2.0 and Amon's "I am the solution" were the highlights, I think. Also Bolin.

Pretty glad that the finale will be an hour long.

e - I hope Tarrlok doesn't just drop off the face of the earth after this. I really want to see how he reacts in the long run to having no bending.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I loved the voice acting of the older characters; while the choice of voice actors is debatable, I particularly liked how all the characters have the same style of speaking (particularly Aang) from TLA.

I don't think that Amon's a cyborg (at least, fully). The promo for the finale showed him holding out his hand, and it definitely looked like skin to me.

This episode (and the promo) seemed kind of scary. I can't wait for the finale (and second season!) now.

I just mean that maybe combustion man and Amon are somehow related / same group.

Alternate theory: Amon is a monk who was able to enter the spirit world (Iroh has done it so it's possible) and had his face stolen by Koh the Face Stealer, somehow scoring energybending power somewhere in there.

I think the connection might be that both are "freaks" that get unique powers that no one else has. Apparently Combustion Man got his because some spirit disliked how his village evolved. Not quite sure where that information came from tough :unsure:

Amon has eyes so I doubt Koh stole his face...

I seem to recall it being mentioned that those who have had their faces stolen can't speak, and Amon can definitely speak. Amon must still be human and/or have water in his body - otherwise, Tarrlock couldn't even have attempted to bloodbend him. I think it's just being able to resist it.

What if Amon actually is a bender who just uses the guise of a nonbender to influence other nonbenders? If he could waterbend it would explain how he resists Tarrlock's bloodbending, since Katara could also resist bloodbending because her waterbending was stronger than Hama's.

I seem to recall it being mentioned that those who have had their faces stolen can't speak, and Amon can definitely speak. Amon must still be human and/or have water in his body - otherwise, Tarrlock couldn't even have attempted to bloodbend him. I think it's just being able to resist it.

What if Amon actually is a bender who just uses the guise of a nonbender to influence other nonbenders? If he could waterbend it would explain how he resists Tarrlock's bloodbending, since Katara could also resist bloodbending because her waterbending was stronger than Hama's.

He could potentially be a bender, but still doesn't explain how he takes bending away...

I don't see why a bender would want to raise an army trained to specifically beat benders and then take bending away from others so he can be the only bender. As soon as other people find out, his army will turn against him and then everything was worthless.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I don't see why a bender would want to raise an army trained to specifically beat benders and then take bending away from others so he can be the only bender. As soon as other people find out, his army will turn against him and then everything was worthless.

Especially since he's specifically training his army to TAKE OUT benders.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Just watched the new episode. Holy crap. I did not see that coming. I know he was bad, but I didn't realise he was that much of an arse.

This was the best episode of the series I think.

I agree with both of these statements.

-looks up who yakone is-

Ok. I totally thought it was Tarrlok in the flashback. I guess it would be that Yakone guy.

Still. I don't have enough information on what happened to Yakone, but is it possible Yakone = Tarrlok?

Since this happened around 40(?) years ago and they look somewhat of the same age, I doubt it. Maybe his father though? They look somewhat the same...

He's a powerful blood bender which makes him a powerful water bender, and water bending can also be used for healing. It's not that much of a stretch that he also uses his bending to slow down/stop his aging via water bending healing. Which would also explain why he's such a good bender - he's had lots of time to practice. I'd need to hear more about Yakone's story tho, to determine how likely it is that he's still alive and kicking. Either way, it can't be a coincidence that they look the same.

I like this explanation a lot more than the Yakone was his father fact. Would have made him severely more bad ass. And now I feel the series is moving too quickly, because just as soon as they build Tarrlok as the bad guy, they strip him of his powers. Although, Amon is now #1 bad ass again, and I'm okay with that seeing as how he aparently isn't exactly human.

...Perhaps he truly is one of the Spirit World creatures like someone mentioned a dozen pages ago.

and I totally called the Tarrlok is evil bit :P

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn