Guest Rob

My kneejerk reaction to the finale was that it was pretty terrible. After thinking about it for a while I think there were pretty big parts of it that were terrible, and other parts that were pretty cool. The ending and the 5-minute flashback sequence were the worst parts. They definitely could have been improved if they had a couple more episodes to work with, I think.

e - ^ and the Lieutenant dude should run it because he deserves a break after getting beat up on a whole lot. Maybe they could be a legit political party and have a guy on the council too.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Aang died when he was 66, and in Endgame he didn't look nearly that old. Plus Kyoshi died when she was 200 and something, and she appeared to be quite young. The only old looking avatar I can think of is Roku.

Roku looked way older when he died than his representation is. I'm thinking they get immortalized at the age the achieve their goal of restoring balance to the world. Which would make sense for all of them [birth of Republic City, Denying the Fire Lord's quest for dominance, Splitting Kyoshi island from the barbarian earthbender invaders...]

I'd like to see season 2 with a lot of spiritual stuff. There was virtually no mention of it in the LoK season 1. And none of the character conflicts capture my interest at all. Mako is a jerk, so the love triangle is lame. Asami is barely a character, so her father issues are bland. The blood bending brothers are essentially dead, and to bring them back would be the stupidest plot twist ever. The whole series so far feels very week. But that's likely because it was so rushed in the small amount of episodes they were given to complete it. That and the first series was a war of nations. This series is a battle over politics of a singular city. Kinda puts a wet blanket on most of the potential awesome.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

To stray away from Korra for a bit, has anyone else been reading The Promise (Book four of TLAB) at all? I like it so far, and I'm curious to see how the ending will be when they release part 3.

To stray away from Korra for a bit, has anyone else been reading The Promise (Book four of TLAB) at all? I like it so far, and I'm curious to see how the ending will be when they release part 3.

Gleuck! I forgot about that. I haven't bought the first book, let alone the second. I should get both when I am able to visit a Barnes & Noble in the future.

Is it considered canon? I was under the impression "The Promise" was essentially just an elaborate fanfic

I really feel that the biggest flaw of LoK is that they squeezed it all into 12 episodes. More episodes explaining why the euqalists feel they way they feel, more episodes building up to revealing who Amon is, rather then just revealing it in the final, and more character development for us to get attached to the characters. Some more episodes dealing with Republic city gangs too.

I feel that although a bunch of A:TLA episodes were filler, some of them really helped. Like, you could have taken out a lot of episodes of A:TLA and still had a good, coherent plot, but those episodes added to it. The episode where Sokka+Zuko do stuff, the episode where Aang+Zuko do stuff, could be taken out without harming the overall plot but were really helpful, for example. Or Zuko alone.

Imo, the show would have been better if they split the first arc over two seasons. (Considering two of their seasons is like 24 episodes long, lol.) Or one full season.

I'm guessing dealing with executives has to do with how short it is. The writers may have wanted to finish the first story arc in season one because they were concerned about the show being cancelled after 12 episodes, if the show did poorly. They probably have a contract for 12 episodes in season 1, 14 in season 2, but with the executives having the option to cancel season 2 if season 1 doesn't do well. I know the executives were worried about the show being focused around a female, since conventional TV wisdom is that boys won't watch shows with a girl lead. (It's wrong imo, but that's still what conventional TV wisdom says.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Is it considered canon? I was under the impression "The Promise" was essentially just an elaborate fanfic

It's official, yeah. TLAB creators are in charge of the story line and everything, they just hired a graphic artist. I suggest checking it out - you can find part 1 and 2 online for free right now, so it's worth looking at. There's another comic released called "The Lost Adventures" which is a compilation of several dozen comics that take place throughout books 1, 2 and 3, just to better explain some of the stuff that happened. I suggest checking that out too!

Where do I get this online for free? =D

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I had to torrent The Lost Adventures and Part 1 of The Promise, and I found Part 2 on some comic reader website. Just google around, I'm sure you can find them.

pirate.jpg

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

"You found my love letter to your daughter didn't you."

"No, I did not."

"Awkward."

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

pirate.jpg

Some of us prefer to call it "high-risk sea trading".

:thumbsup:

I really want to watch that episode now.

Good thing I high-risk sea traded the entire series!

• 3 weeks later...

From LOK's facebook page:

Great news! Not only will there be a Book 2 of Korra, but Nickelodeon just announced they've put in an order for 26 more episodes after that!

Yessssssss.

Great news! Not only will there be a Book 2 of Korra, but Nickelodeon just announced they've put in an order for 26 more episodes after that!

Yessssssss.

excellent

Yessssssss.

excellent

awesome!

Yessssssss.

excellent

awesome!

Tubular!

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

So that's 12+14+26 episodes...52 episodes! Nearly as much as TLAB I believe. Not bad, not bad at all.

Getting there TLAB had a total of 62 episodes

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well I posted something else, but it was silly.

Instead, here's Spider-Lin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnRvHnHruH8

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;