Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tykras: Dreamer To Master -Current Progress Tab added,100 Dungeoneering Achieved,hexed, Moneymak

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Tykras
[ Display Name History ]

Tykras

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tykras

Tykras’ Road to The Trimmed Completionist Cape

Posted Image

Credits to Nava

The Goal: To develop from an average player to a Trimmed Completionist Owner in less than 2 years. I have seen posts for regular Completionist Cape goals and Maxing out, however I see the Trimmed Completionist Cape as a unique, amazing achievement in its own right, and I will stop at nothing until I achieve it. I will do this not only for myself but to inspire the Runescape community and show that anything in this game can be achieved if you work for it no matter where you begin.

Current Stats

Posted Image

Progressively updates as I gain Levels :)

Current Progress

June 6, 2012
Decided to go for 100 Dungeoneering rather than 85 for 3 binds and a good milestone for my path to 120 in the future, and I achieved 100 Dungeoneering AND obtained a Hexhunter Bow! Screenshot of Bow will be up soon.

I also completed Nomad's Requiem, obtaining a useful Soul Wars Cape :]

Current plans now involve making money for Prayer and Herblore in order to use Turmoil, SS, and Overloads to achieve 99 Slayer and max all my combat skills through that (including 99 Range for the Hex).

End Goal

Posted Image

Credits to Nava

Skills Plan

Regular Completionist Cape Requirements (Non-Stats)

Trimmed Completionist Cape Requirements

Note: I will be updating this thread as I achieve milestones and make big progress (99s, 120 Dungeoneering, Max Cape, Completionist Cape, Completionist Cape Trimmed, Big loot drops)

Donations

Closing Statements

Note: I can be contacted in-game, my PM is always on :). I can also be contacted here on Tip.it.

“Legends are created not born.”

Low Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Low Levelled

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Wow. Very well thought out guide. You've got my support. Add me in game sometime if you feel like talking some rs.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
Got to hand it to you, you've definitely thought this through. I normally don't even know what I'm going to do until a few minutes after I log in. It will be intersting to see if you can get it all done in two years. Getting all those skills alone would be tricky for your average joe, let along all the other stuff that trimmed comp requires. Still, its good to have goals, and we all have to start out someplace. And even if this does end up taking longer than planned, its one hell of an achievement. Even in a few years I think the number of people with this cape will still be in the tens, which puts the owners in a very tiny percentage of the global population ~1.7e-6 %

Dudecrush8
[ Display Name History ]

Dudecrush8

Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 620 posts
Wow! Well planned out blog.

If you get a trimmed completionist cape in 2 years I will be amazed!

Good luck! :thumbup:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Gradeskip
[ Display Name History ]

Gradeskip

The Gradeskipper

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • RSN:Zr
  • RSN2:Gradeskip
  • Clan:Gold Skillers, FnL
Lots of pictures! [haha I recognize RS wikia there ;P]

You already drew your path! Best of luck to follow it and achieve your goal, and I'm glad to have you added on RS, let me know if you ever need help for something! :D

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Lord Paul
[ Display Name History ]

Lord Paul

The answer is Quyneax

• Members
  • 1,540 posts
  • RSN:Lord Paul
In no particular order, I would suggest:

For firemaking, doing daily book of char runs is great xp.
You are pretty close to assisting, so you should start doing that every day. Good idea to train a bank skill while waiting for a skill to assist.
As for money, you should look into herb farming.
You should not need to chin after slayer.
You should be working on strange rocks right now instead of later. Free xp when it actually counts and you'll be training the skills anyway.

Good luck with the castle wars. I look forward to following this blog and watching your progress.
Working on max and completionist capes.
2435/2475

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
All the best. Would you consider doing Livid Farm before you finish Farming? It's worth quite a bit of Farming XP as I recall.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ellac
[ Display Name History ]

Ellac

Ex-Global Chameleon

• Members
  • 1,235 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

All the best. Would you consider doing Livid Farm before you finish Farming? It's worth quite a bit of Farming XP as I recall.

Worth about 1M farming xp if I recall.
Posted Image
Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

J35u5_M4
[ Display Name History ]

J35u5_M4

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • RSN:J35u5 M4
  • Clan:True Maxed
This blog lagged me. This is good because mine lags me too.

Sir, you are amazing, I'm going for trimmed comp as well and not many want that awesome cape, maybe we should talk in game about our plans or something :P

Good luck getting the cape man!

Posted Image

jed1990
[ Display Name History ]

jed1990

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts
Wow, this is definately the best blog I have seen yet on the forums. This is very well thought out and organized and you seem to be very serious about achieving these goals. I respect your determination and you seem to have potential to achieve these goals. I'll contact you in game to donate and help fund your buyables. Again well done :D

Troll Bomber
[ Display Name History ]

Troll Bomber

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • RSN:Trollbomber
  • Clan:EoE
Regular comp cape is quite a bit of commitment, let alone trimmed. Best of luck with your goal :thumbsup:

You might want to consider adding flasks to your list of dailies for a little extra, cash in addition to MTK/pure ess/flax/buckets of sand/seaweed/ect.

They're not tons of money, but they would add up over time, and some long-term investments couldn't hurt in your situation.
Posted Image

Tykras
[ Display Name History ]

Tykras

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
To all those curious, I will NOT be using the buyable Squeal of Fortune/Xp spins to achieve my goal. I will be training all my skills myself and i have no problem with the time commitment required to earn the Trimmed Completionist Cape. The only foreseeable obstacle i see to achieve my goal will be making the money to efficiently train my buyables so i can complete my goal in less than 2 years, so if you want to support and help out with that thank you i appreciate it. :) However all my levels and experience will be earned through myself and my time, because in my opinion the size of your irl wallet should not determine how or when you achieve your goal, although everyone has the right to do what they want. I will not be quitting because of this update, and i don't care if Runescape becomes a skeleton of its former self, until the day this game shuts down i will not stop until that Trimmed Completionist Cape is on my (virtual) back. Thank you everyone for your support and good luck with whatever you aspire to achieve in this game and in real life. :)

Piras
[ Display Name History ]

Piras

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • RSN:Piras
Wow, amazing blog! I love the layout and the planning that went into this. This is an insane goal but you seem very prepared to take it on. All the best! :thumbsup:

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik
Ah, you seem to already have taken away my biggest "issue" with this blog, which was too many pictures/lack of hide tags. But since that's already dealt with, all I can say is your blog is pretty damn impressive and incredibly well planned and thought out, and I wish you best of luck with your goal. :)

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Lord Paul
[ Display Name History ]

Lord Paul

The answer is Quyneax

• Members
  • 1,540 posts
  • RSN:Lord Paul
Knock yourself out.
Working on max and completionist capes.
2435/2475

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
Poast

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers
You seem to have a very good, planned-out way to reach your goal. I wish you the best of luck!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Tykras
[ Display Name History ]

Tykras

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
Been camping in the Living Rock Caverns, superheating while mining for the last few days, i will post an update on my progress soon. :D

A_Gardener
[ Display Name History ]

A_Gardener

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • RSN:A Gardener
  • Clan:Primacy
Best of luck with your goals! :) You seem to have put a lot of effort into the planning, which will make things a lot easier when it comes to doing them.

Might I suggest doing TT before maxing? The Talon Beast charms you get through the Nail Beast events are the best Summoning exp in the game, and I collected ~500 through getting all my followers to 99. Also, the Vyrelord events can go towards your 500 burns goal (I managed to hit 300 burns through TT). I'd also second finishing Livid Farm before 99 Magic/Farming, as the extra exp will help!

Once again, good luck with everything - I've seen you in EoE a few times, but feel free to PM me if you ever want a chat :)

Piras
[ Display Name History ]

Piras

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • RSN:Piras
You should try flip merchanting for some solid cash, it can be a great way to make money for your goal :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users