Poll - Who wants a new very hard quest?

Biabf

I'd love to see a quest that is rather hard (about skills, or puzzels, doesnt matter), and quite impossible to make an guide about.

Allthough I couldnt do the quest (f2p :( ), I'd LOVE to see everybody running around on the forums like an headless chicken: "0MG h3lp m3! H2x0rzz! Theres no guide! C2nt do tha qeust!" :D

Hmm, that was my failed imitation from leet :P

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the satisfaction of a job well done? that should be reason enough to do them. It relieves the monotony of training

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

Don't forget ME2... or did you all use guides?

Imo, it would be nice to see a quest like legends with a lot of skill and quest requirements

yea, that puzzle was the challenging part. im still struggling with it a little

devious minds was a good quest, high requirements. if they could have like lvl 70's as requirements just to make it interesting.

A new very hard quest?

How about a new very interesting quest. I've got to be honest, maybe I'm a "noob," but by golly, at ~90 combat, Desert Treasure was challenging for me. And 10 combat levels later, I'm still smarting from burning 25 prayer potions on Damis. In terms of challenging, combat-wise, that's about all I want.

High level requirements, high combat requirements- these do not make for a challenging quest- think about it. All those mean are you need to do some more brainless clicking - or spend your time earning money - to get your high levels or your sharks and pots and runes.

Interesting? Believe it or not, some of the most interesting quests have just been released. Devious Minds? Nice setup, and not too terribly-high level requirements. Enakhra's Lament? Fun little quest with a nice story. Recruitment Drive? Brilliant. Not the best story, but c'mon, you got to use your brain!

Satisfying myself mentally -through plot and puzzle - is what makes for a good quest, an interesting quest. Dulling my brain and increasing my carpal tunnel by making a person get 70 fishing or smithing for a quest, that's not what I want.

And on another note, anyone notice the small graphical changes to the RS website? Those pictures of players/NPC's at the top have a couple of items we've never seen before, namely the crossbow held by the girl in Wallasaki armor and the sword held by the gent in Rouges'.

i'd like to see a quest with the requirements 50 in each skill and desert treasure AND mournings end 2.

most people who have done these two quest have 50+ skills i think.. (maybe no farming..)

and the quest with bosses were you can't use prayer pots.

That would be a intersting quest i think 8)

Semi - retired, playing WoW

Combat lvl: 103 | Total lvl: 1542

Goals: | Fletching lvl: 97/[b:05c6bf8

and jagex gets TONs of emails whith whinning. prayer pots are in game to be used. try go to supreme without pray pots or for fire cape w/o them, i'll see how fun will that be :)

in other had for the ones who wants super duper hard quest i have one for you: get fire cape, that will give enough challenge for you.

i likes quests the ones like recruitment drive, underground pass and such. intresting quest don't have to be hard, just make it fun wiht good story line going beyond few NPC's directly reated with quest.

ech and i burned my mought :(

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

NO!

At Jaqex a hard quest means that u have to kill dozens of lvl 150ish monsters and walk all across the world several times, waste thousands of gp on useless items and end up frustrated, close to jumping out of the window...

Thats not wat a quest is...

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

I am holding out for the 100th quest

So far all quest landmarks have been major

10 - dragon slayer

25 - heroes

50 - legends

75 - desert treasure

to continue on such a par for the 100th quest I am guessing possibly a furhter of that guild series, maybe some ancient magik requirements (say blitz spells) and maybe unlocking a whole new skill like carpentary or summoning that jagex been working on/promising for a while

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

i'd like to see a quest with the requirements 50 in each skill and desert treasure AND mournings end 2.

most people who have done these two quest have 50+ skills i think.. (maybe no farming..)

That would be a intersting quest i think 8)

super restores? but yea, i havent done mournings end i think for the blood altar youd have to do something with the blood diamond. like give half your hp to the diamond to remove it from the pyramid to finish the quest, and while it not having been returned you cannot switch magic forms. or drain your blood using the diamond to charge the altar.

Id like to see a quest with equal puzzling to MEP2, equal battleing as in DT, and high quest points needed like Legends...

Total evil :P... i really like hard quests ( omg MEP2 is trully the hardest i tell you that, when there was no guide i was like a burnt brain. )

QUEST POINT TOTAL= 190 now :) only left to do is... Camel quest, Devious minds and hand in the sand ( went off members after devious minds)

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Since I did DT the day it came out, before guides, and I did ME2 without a guide (took me a verrrrrry long time to know about the jammed blue crystal), I think the quests have been sufficiently challenging.

I have had little time to do some of the new ones (I don't think I've done any since Making History came out), and I still haven't finished the lost tribe or Wanted.

I'd rather have a skill update that doesn't have to do with combat. Something with treasure. A luck based one.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

I'd love to see a new super hard quest. At least 4 times harder than Desert Treasure, and impossible to use a guide.

I don't think if a new quest were 4 times harder than desert treasure anybody would be able to do it... I'm level 91, I just completed DT yesterday, and I almost died on ever single boss, and I even died once on the ice one (no big losses, fortunatly) :? Some people find DT easy, but if there were a quest four times harder, I think even the level 120+s would have a hell of a time with it.

well thats the point 120's want a quest that will give us a hell of a time just like Dessert treasure gave u a hell of a time (by the sound of it, and you dieing it did)

Something harder than desert treasure, that takes skill as well as lvls.
Yeah, I personnaly found Desert Treasure quite easy apart from the Ice boss... I dont want small easy quests per week. I want uber hard ones... I dont care if they take like months to do...
sig5235ro7.jpg

I'd love to see a new super hard quest. At least 4 times harder than Desert Treasure, and impossible to use a guide.

I don't think if a new quest were 4 times harder than desert treasure anybody would be able to do it... I'm level 91, I just completed DT yesterday, and I almost died on ever single boss, and I even died once on the ice one (no big losses, fortunatly) :? Some people find DT easy, but if there were a quest four times harder, I think even the level 120+s would have a hell of a time with it.

I personally would like to see a quest that uncovers some more history behind armydel, and how Sardomin became the god of good instead of him. Mabye it will be along the same lines as Desert Treasue, mabye a bit harder than that, and featuring a new set of spells that are defensive instead of offensive (eg; healing spells, some spells that mabye boost your combat stats, and mabye even some poison cures, and possibly immunity spells that make you temporarily immune to being frozen, or being poisoned).

I beat DT at lvl 83. I lived through ALL boss fights. I had to run away from the vampire guy. But, when I came back I owned him with iban blast.

Then, I beat Mournings End Part 2. It was WAY harder than Desert Treasure. Also, I beat it before any guides came out. Even still, at lvl 94 it isn't much of an accomplishment.

Id like to see a quest with equal puzzling to MEP2, equal battleing as in DT, and high quest points needed like Legends...

Total evil :P... i really like hard quests ( omg MEP2 is trully the hardest i tell you that, when there was no guide i was like a burnt brain. )

QUEST POINT TOTAL= 190 now :) only left to do is... Camel quest, Devious minds and hand in the sand ( went off members after devious minds)

I totally agree. I've done all the quests. They don't present much of a challenge. Fight a few high lvl bosses with multiple stages. Solve a huge puzzle. Then finish it off with a huge gladitorial deathmatch like in monkey madness.

I totally agree. I've done all the quests. They don't present much of a challenge. Fight a few high lvl bosses with multiple stages. Solve a huge puzzle. Then finish it off with a huge gladitorial deathmatch like in monkey madness.

Features I would like to see in a new uber quest:

1)Early stages invovling run items around various NPCs

2)Some basic puzzles requiring your knowledge of rs to solve (eg intakes many npcs u seen b4 like Lazim from newest quest etc)

3)Requiring you to use basically every skill, but at a level of 40+

4)Requiring you to use about 5 or 6 at lvl 60+

5)Requiring you to use 1 or 2 skills at lvl 80+

6)Requiring you to use ALL combat classes

7)An uber puzzle to rival me2

8)A big boss battle to equal/rival fight caves

9)An extreme reward

10)Good jagex humours story line

11)Tie in goings on from early quests that seemt o have gone nowhere

12)Take atleast like a week to do

13)Be fun

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

a really hard quest with high reqs impossible to make a guide for, i just need to do devious minds first, thats my only quest left

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.