Wild Weekends

ItsCook

GF chances of getting good horns. Ah well, there are still 2 weekends left. I don't consider this a complete loss, since I respect those with Comp (T) for their sheer dedication, and therefore can appreciate nice little things that alleviate the crap that gets randomly thrown at them (like the arbitrary RuneSpan ranks).

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww i'm very satisfied with this weekend's wildness. getting the wicked robes in half the time makes it much less of chore.

yeah, i wish the greater runic staff had a use. if only it was cool in some way, like if it gave the highest magic accuracy bonus of any staff by a significant margin (that's the simplest thing i can think of). but no, it's next to useless.

aww i'm very satisfied with this weekend's wildness. getting the wicked robes in half the time makes it much less of chore.

yeah, i wish the greater runic staff had a use. if only it was cool in some way, like if it gave the highest magic accuracy bonus of any staff by a significant margin (that's the simplest thing i can think of). but no, it's next to useless.

Part of me wants to slap you... Real hard. I mean with a nerf bat... REAL HARD!... Enough to leave a mark with said nerf bat. If you make an honest effort to think outside the 'combat' box you'd see that this little staff is like the magical equivalent of a swiss army knife tool. One of the biggest longstanding issues plaguing players for quite some time has been the thought of how to manage inventory space when you want to use your magical abilities as well. What makes this thing so awesome is that you can charge it with alches when on a slayer run, fertile soil for farm runs, remote farm or even duel switch between the two; vengeance for boss runs... Hell even the aficionados can find a use with it by saving inventory space for plank-make, humidify and the ever popular string jewelry. I know for a fact that all of those situations are slightly demanding on inventory space and can be a bit annoying especially if you are doing them in between or during other things.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Best magic defense of any item in the weapon slot! By...uh...two points! Yeah! :unsure:

One of the biggest longstanding issues plaguing players for quite some time has been the thought of how to manage inventory space when you want to use your magical abilities as well.

What? Since when? That's not true at all.

Best magic defense of any item in the weapon slot! By...uh...two points! Yeah! :unsure:

One of the biggest longstanding issues plaguing players for quite some time has been the thought of how to manage inventory space when you want to use your magical abilities as well.

What? Since when? That's not true at all.

Oh sure it has... Maybe I overplayed it a bit, but I've noticed that some situations always seemed so cramped and heard similar stories from other players. Mind you this was before jagex fixing the BoB inventory thing. Then again things get a bit hairy when your trying to carry alches (or explorer ring), vengeance runes, spec weapon, quick switch weapon, dreadnips, teletabs, and scrolls. Basically what I'm saying is its manageable, but at the same time it's annoying to make the build you desire without forgetting something or feeling like you don't have the room for it all to function together.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Personally I like the staff alot just for it looks, they did a good job on the graphics of this item and it really stands out. Aside from that is has uses of holding spells. Personally I use my for fertile soil spell, which makes herb runes a bit quicker without having to graph 3 stacks of runes or a mud staff with 2 stacks. I also have a regular staff I use for npc contact for slayer, which also works on the same concept of not having to graph 3 runes out or for me its remember which 3 runes as even after 20mil slayer experience with npc contact I can never remember the runes :P

I think this weekend is a giant slap in the face for some people getting trim back. I am friends with 2 trimmers and each of them have been living at Runespan this week and coincidentally both have finals this week so as of right now they are a few hours away from trim. If Jagex had announced this "wild weekend" sooner they could of spent less time on Runespan and more studying (could, not sure they would have :P). Doing this weekend right at the time most people are right about to reget trim or have just got it is a gut punch for some of them. But I suppose on the bright side both of them were like "well atleast I'll get staves and robes without extra time added"

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

The only complaint I have with the staff is that you have to be on the proper spellbook to use the spell. I would much rather have the option of *charging* it while on the proper spell book but the being able to cast the spell regardless of the spellbook I am on. That would open up a lot more choices. Otherwise, I don't like it for the choices listed with the possible exception of alching, (but you can't do it for alchs while on say the lunar spell book)

Remote farm isn't that useful as I'd still have to carry runes for my teleports, and the mudstaff anyways. It's nice but not really amazing.

It is sort of like borrowed power: cool, but nerfed so that its not really useful.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

It is sort of like borrowed power: cool, but nerfed so that its not really useful.

Except Borrowed Power isn't cool. :ugeek:

The concept was cool, but they nerfed it so much that it's useless. It should've been a spell you cast for a massive cost of runes and it swapped borrowed power for one of the spells on the list, which had an added right click "revert" option. Hence no amulet and no extra cost per cast. Maybe have it auto revert after 1000 casts or something.. Basically: get rid of the amulet tied to it..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Mad May (SoF) themesong get:-

Pretty emo about double span, but hey, 99 rc and no plans for TrimComp so not [that] bad overall I suppose.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

• 1 month later...

Barrel of Monkeys is a consumable vanity item reward from the squeal wheel of fortune for a limited time back during the "Mad May" wild weekends monkey madness that Runescape was promoting. Basically it is a single use item that can be placed anywhere and releases half a dozen monkeys for half a minute.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I didn't realize that the item isn't reusable and accidentally expended it while filming for my next video log. Regardless, enjoy the footage of little brown monkeys scurrying around Edgville. This older thread seems the most appropriate location for my post.

Barrel of Monkeys is a consumable vanity item reward from the squeal wheel of fortune for a limited time back during the "Mad May" wild weekends monkey madness that Runescape was promoting. Basically it is a single use item that can be placed anywhere and releases half a dozen monkeys for half a minute.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I didn't realize that the item isn't reusable and accidentally expended it while filming for my next video log. Regardless, enjoy the footage of little brown monkeys scurrying around Edgville. This older thread seems the most appropriate location for my post.

The Picture and Video thread would be the most appropriate - seeing as we don't all post pictures of old content (Like gwd etc) on the original update thread for the relevant content.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?