Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2934 replies to this topic

The_Avatar
[ Display Name History ]

The_Avatar

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,326 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:The Avatar
  • RSN2:Monkeybeast0
I hope seniority counts for something when they're picking beta participants. I'm pretty spotty with my membership.
Previously known as Monkeybeast0.
Posted Image

Askthedude
[ Display Name History ]

Askthedude

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Ask The Dude

Still ticked off... No F2P Beta... :angry:

RAGE!!! :evil:

~D. V. "A hair short of insane..." Devnull

All F2P content can be tested by members. F2P barely provides income for Jagex, start paying if you feel you're entitled to perks such as Betas.
Posted Image

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

stevensda
[ Display Name History ]

stevensda

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:ranqecaravan

All F2P content can be tested by members. F2P barely provides income for Jagex, start paying if you feel you're entitled to perks such as Betas.

you think p2per's will take the time to test the f2p stuff? i doubt that lol

Ranqecaravan.png

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Rainy

Low level P2P players, sure why not.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Many of the f2p clan world are p2p as well. I still think people will mostly check p2p stuff, you're right, but f2p stuff will almost definitely get critical hands on it at one point or another.

hzvjpwS.gif

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
Well... I've been fairly inactive. But I have been a member consecutively for 8 years. Should be enough to get in eh? ;-)

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
I don't think there will be much in way of difference between this "f2p stuff" and "p2p stuff" aspect. Really, do any of you think that there will be much of an issue other than something to do with armor and weapon statistics scaling? While going from one set or items or combat skill to the other it might be a not hairy for the players, but I am fairly confident it will be Judy players getting used to the system. I wouldn't put it past them to make some item stay tweak to keep item combos from being too stacked, but like I said it'll just be statistics and scaling. Sure let it be taken for granted some action bar issues or this new ability system their bring out, but that will most likely be something experienced in both areas.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Dusk Souls
[ Display Name History ]

Dusk Souls

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 410 posts
Damb I just returmed playing in october 2011. Hope I am one of the lucky 50K

Dusk%20Soul.png

J a c
[ Display Name History ]

J a c

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • RSN:J a c
  • Clan:Leader of Silent Knight
I'm definitely excited about this, although the people in the warring community aren't so much.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

I'm definitely excited about this, although the people in the warring community aren't so much.

can't say I blame them. For how they're discussing the combat change, they're making it sound like (assuming we're keeping the same max hit ceilings) you'll have a dps drop if you're not actively clicking...that's impossible almost in a 120-opts pile. It potentially has a drastic effect on warring as we know it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
I like the part where I think I am garunteed full access to the beta by virtue of a long membership run. Wasn't really expecting anything like that. I half expected them to only allow new members in as a promotional :lol:

But seriously, sort of excited, though I don't appreciate all the hype so far out. I am not the most patient person for this sort of thing, so I need to compensate by not allowing myself to get excited. I'm now my own kill joy :D

b6brc9.jpg

AznSensei
[ Display Name History ]

AznSensei

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN:AznSensei
Hmmm sorry if this has been asked before but I do want to know this.

I was a member since around 2006/2007 until around 2010 and then I took a break from rs and slowly coming back to it and read about the combat change.

Is this based on the current member status based off the forums or do past players who have been members for a long period of time before and may have taken a break can participate in beta too.

Sorry for the dumb question

- AznSensei

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy

I was a member since around 2006/2007 until around 2010 and then I took a break from rs and slowly coming back to it and read about the combat change.

Is this based on the current member status based off the forums or do past players who have been members for a long period of time before and may have taken a break can participate in beta too.

- AznSensei

As far as i can tell from Mod Posts on the RSOF, it's going by current membership period.
I think it was Mod Mark who used the example of "If you have been a member for the entire period up until now from the 25th of May 2011, you'll get in."
Not worded exactly like that, but with the same meaning. That date was also an example, not the real due date. (Which I believe is set when you apply for the BETA.)

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD

Majority of the people in top f2p (pk) clans are p2p and they are the people whose opinions matter the most as there is no boss hunting in f2p. As for pvm, low level members use the same gear as f2p for the most part...

crazycdcm
[ Display Name History ]

crazycdcm

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Vodka

Majority of the people in top f2p (pk) clans are p2p and they are the people whose opinions matter the most as there is no boss hunting in f2p. As for pvm, low level members use the same gear as f2p for the most part...

Can we really speculate about that? If the change is as large as it's heralded to be, we can't really say what the division between f2p and p2p combat will end up being.

Fewer "abilities"? Damage caps to abilities? From what I can glean, it seems to be shifting away from equipment being an important thing. It may well end up something similar to WOW, whilst f2p you can only train stats up to level 60. (XP continues over.. but level never rises) Perhaps those rumoured f2p and p2p worlds will exist.

Of course, they could run the beta where you start as a level 3, with 10-20 times normal XP rate, or change on the beta the xp required for levels, so getting to level 50 is half of getting to 99 for example. This would allow people to test lower level gear and combat as well as higher level.

I do believe the beta will be unlike the world we have now. Perhaps just a flat green land with hoardes of monsters. To test just combat it doesn't need to be that much more.

/ramble

The Floating Pen
[ Display Name History ]

The Floating Pen

Bear Fur

• Editorial Panel
  • 363 posts
Anyone have thoughts on the potential long-term effects on the economy?

AznSensei
[ Display Name History ]

AznSensei

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN:AznSensei

- AznSensei

As far as i can tell from Mod Posts on the RSOF, it's going by current membership period.
I think it was Mod Mark who used the example of "If you have been a member for the entire period up until now from the 25th of May 2011, you'll get in."
Not worded exactly like that, but with the same meaning. That date was also an example, not the real due date. (Which I believe is set when you apply for the BETA.)

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated ^_^

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
I thought the combat beta was only open to people who had been a member for over a year, but when I logged in today I saw this:

Posted Image

It says I have to log into a members' world to claim it though. Oh well, it's in my bank for now. Hopefully it won't disappear when the beta is over.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD
Does the blog load for anyone? If so please post.

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures
It doesn't load for me either :c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users