The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

The sad part is that he has to shoot down the proposals :( They shouldn't even be happening in the first place!

IVP. Nuff said.

I'm happy they are proposals and not "ADD THIS SHT TO THE WHEEL OR YOU'RE ALL FIRED."

They couldn't really do that though... at least, i don't think they could...

In Soviet Jagex, (insert joke about Mods being fired here).

Sometimes companies will find ways to get rid of people standing in the way of what the higher-ups want. Let's just hope that doesn't happen here.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I can't speak for other completionists, but I for one have been training for the past year so I can try out everything a new update has to offer. Once I reached completionist status, I felt like I could finally experience all content updates and everything they had in store, which i have been doing.

However, the day I have to spend extra money on top of already paying membership, just to test all that an update has to offer, is the day I take my completionist cape and leave. I think paying for content, when I'm already paying for content, is ridiculous, and i hope content developers continue to dismiss such proposals.

I remember being a free player and hiting the limits of what was possible to do in free to play. I don't expect to hit such limits when I'm a member. I'd go so far as to say I pay not to hit these limits.

Also agree with Kimberly. We know what happened if any of them suddenly 'disappear' without a trace I guess. :unsure:

rathe.png

Oh gawd.

So happy.

So frickin' happy.

So happy to see that. Those people are my hope for the future of this game.

This x1000

Just don't be too surprised when you gain the ability to buy abilities and this post becomes incredibly hard to find.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

No one has posted this yet? :unsure:

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/combat-buffs-and-weaknesses

Combat HQ

The Combat HQ has been updated with tantalising teasers of buffs and weaknesses, and how they’ll behave in the new combat system!

Buffs and Weaknesses have existed in RuneScape for a long time; we’ve had potions from Herblore, and plenty of stuns and binds from Magic abilities. However, with the addition of a wide variety of new abilities there are plenty more that you’ll want to keep an eye on. The Evolution of Combat will see a new interface showing buffs and weaknesses not only on yourself, but also for your current target or foe. With so many effects - such as damage-over-time, temporary damage boosts, and many more - you're going to need it!

There’ll also be changes to a whole host of RuneScape inhabitants to ensure that when a creature is weak to fire damage or stronger against ranged attacks, for example, it will have a more significant effect - particularly on your combat style and equipment setup. To find out more about these exciting changes, head over to the Combat HQ.

bnw2-08135709.jpg

Behind the Scenes

Along with the Combat HQ update we’ve got another fantastic instalment of the Behind the Scenes on video. Check out the Crucible (The return of Bounty Hunter), and take a closer look at some of the Evolution of Combat changes, including buffs and weaknesses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3bBMynLpdw&feature=player_embedded

If you like this video then check out our other BTS videos on our YouTube Channel as well as RuneCast – a fortnightly round up of what’s going on in RuneScape.

The RuneScape Team

Edit: Included the picture too.

Edit 2: Added links.

Their test server models still use the old (better-looking imo) slayer helm and old bandos look. That's kind of odd.

I'm unsure if most of the hits were so low for test purposes, or very low-level gear, but it seems a step closer towards rapid, low hits like the royal crossbow.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Their test server models still use the old (better-looking imo) slayer helm and old bandos look. That's kind of odd.

I'm unsure if most of the hits were so low for test purposes, or very low-level gear, but it seems a step closer towards rapid, low hits like the royal crossbow.

It's not using old models as such, the bandos guy is a level 2 NPC with 10,000 lp they made to kick to pieces for combat testing. Eg it's not drawing from the item models as such it's graphically static like a troll or a goblin or w/e it just got made pre-armour updates and there's no point in re-making it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It looks like they (finally) have an interface for tracking buffs like anti-poison, overload, and others more consistently. (So I can go see whats on currently, instead of waiting for messages)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

- Augury and rigour will be unlocked same as piety and will be removed from dung shop (tokens refunded)

- Overload will be allowed in pvp

- There will be a magic/range version of turmoil

What's the source? I believe you but I like to read the forum posts where this happens :)

Serena_Sedai.png

- Augury and rigour will be unlocked same as piety and will be removed from dung shop (tokens refunded)

- Overload will be allowed in pvp

- There will be a magic/range version of turmoil

I really hope this is true, so glad I've not spent any dg tokens on augury/rigour yet :D

The ovl thing doesn't really affect me, nut will defo shake up future pvp and other versions of turmoil would be welcome, now just to get 95 prayer to even use them ...

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Combat rework hotbar article

Posted by the RS facebook page recently, whole article is a good read but more importantly:

action-bar-001.jpg

Looks nice, multiple hotbars to toggle between too it seems which is great news

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Posted by the RS facebook page recently, whole article is a good read but more importantly:

action-bar-001.jpg

Was hoping for that! Can have like a farming bar, a questing bar etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

action-bar-001.jpg

Was hoping for that! Can have like a farming bar, a questing bar etc.

I was hoping for the ability to name or add small notes to a bar, though I'm sure in time it'd be easy to remember. Wonder how many we get

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Oh boy I can already see the next update to the hotbar coming down the line. The SoF notice is moveable, but I have a feeling the hotbars will lack proper docking and will have a primitive WoW feel to them. I'm hoping jagex has take this into consideration. I feel that they might haw, but they are known for oversights and simplicity. I'm fairly certain that even if they miss it they will come back to implement docking capabilities.

Edit: yippy! I'll get my dg tokens back from buying my prayers? Thats 250k tokens I can use on other bullcrap... Although when the beta is finished I am for certain ill have my 120 dg cape and no real need for the tokens other than to repair things. I really hope we see more dg rewards soon because I plan on wasting my tokens on xp.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This is awesome. I love how we can have more than one hot bar (cycle through various activities) and I like how it appears we can hotkey them too :)

Serena_Sedai.png

Inb4 all players will receive one hotbar line upon release. For those who want more hotbar lines, you will be able to unlock them through hotbar tickets in the Squeal of Fortune.

Where is the chatbox??

If you zoom into the hotbar picture you'll see in the top right corner is a small grey box with a similar icon as in Windows for minimizing windows. My best guess is that the hotbar will be a pop up for players and bump the chatbox up. This seems fairly logical since most players play on adjustable screening and enjoy the benefits of clicking through the chatbox.

Edit: I am fearful the empty bar that spans the hotbar With the markers will be for the cool down timer. Because of this it might mean only being able to keep one cool down on watch without having to flick through all the desired actions. Another thing is I wonder if the buff/debuff interface will offer timers for those as well so we know when they pop.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Inb4 all players will receive one hotbar line upon release. For those who want more hotbar lines, you will be able to unlock them through hotbar tickets in the Squeal of Fortune.

Watatroll...

I am doubtful.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Watatroll...

I am doubtful.

I'm not trolling in the slightest and wouldn't be surprised if they somehow incorporated microtransactions into the hotbar.