The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Anyone else notice the hint about the future high level updates to Prayer and Herblore. The higher levels of herblore are getting a bit crowded and I wonder if we'll see new unlocks above Turmoil and Overloads. What with overloads being implemented into The Wilderness and another BXPW in September (maybe?) and possible extra potions/abilities in the future then it might just be a great time to invest in supplies.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Anyone else notice the hint about the future high level updates to Prayer and Herblore. The higher levels of herblore are getting a bit crowded and I wonder if we'll see new unlocks above Turmoil and Overloads. What with overloads being implemented into The Wilderness and another BXPW in September (maybe?) and possible extra potions/abilities in the future then it might just be a great time to invest in supplies.

We are getting Turmoil equivalents for Range and Mage :) and I assume there'll be some lower tier versions of such prayers as well.

We are getting Turmoil equivalents for Range and Mage :) and I assume there'll be some lower tier versions of such prayers as well.

There are lower tiers of such prayers already, thats basically all prayer consists of.

Saps and leeches offer the lower tier curse variant.

Piety/Augury/Rigour offer the normal prayer equivalents then there's what like 3 levels of att/str/def/mage/range prayers in the lower end of the prayer book.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There are lower tiers of such prayers already, thats basically all prayer consists of.

Piety/Augury/Rigour offer the normal prayer equivalents then there's what like 3 levels of att/str/def/mage/range prayers in the lower end of the prayer book.

I mean there's gonna be even more of them supposedly. In between percentages and such.

That certainly is interesting. Bosses like td and Glacors will be interesting after this, mainly due to the attack style swapping...

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I mean there's gonna be even more of them supposedly. In between percentages and such.

Qfc? Proof?

I've seen jmods say prayer is being overhauled.

I've seen jmods say rigour and augury moving to knightwaves.

I've seen jmods say about range n mage turmoil.

But I've not seen anything saying they are adding any other new boosting prayers.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Qfc? Proof?

I've seen jmods say prayer is being overhauled.

I've seen jmods say rigour and augury moving to knightwaves.

I've seen jmods say about range n mage turmoil.

But I've not seen anything saying they are adding any other new boosting prayers.

Hence my supposedly. I'm not putting my full faith in the information because I wasn't around to see what the actual discussions were, only after thoughts which may be mixed up with opinions. I'm not in a position to state the sources but it's the same place where I've found earlier leaked releases of teaser images days/weeks before they are meant to be revealed.

"Currently, a common source of disappointment is being killed very quickly in PvP with little chance to react. With larger life pool, players will be encouraged to think tactically rather than relying on lucky, big hits."

How boring :(. 400 lp boost is more than enough to avoid that tbh, we don't need more.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

"Currently, a common source of disappointment is being killed very quickly in PvP with little chance to react. With larger life pool, players will be encouraged to think tactically rather than relying on lucky, big hits."

How boring :(. 400 lp boost is more than enough to avoid that tbh, we don't need more.

I suspect you will once we have crits and a million different specs.

I suspect you will once we have crits and a million different specs.

True, but crits are lucky big hits too :(.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The problem is having both beople fighting with a 499lp boost. (Yes, 499)

I doubt you'll find many people fighting in skulled torva.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

The problem is having both beople fighting with a 499lp boost. (Yes, 499)

I doubt you'll find many people fighting in skulled torva.

I agree we need lp boosts to be available more cheaply. But in the current system, 15k lp would make for an extremely boring fight. Even 2k lp would, because there's no combo that strong (remember uni scrolls/brews heal tons more also).

So assuming dps:lp ratio hasn't changed much, crits might deal ~5k damage? I can assume Nex will have something like 100k lp... Oh god this will be fun.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

So assuming dps:lp ratio hasn't changed much, crits might deal ~5k damage? I can assume Nex will have something like 100k lp... Oh god this will be fun.

In the bts vids the ultimate blows (i think) can deal up to 5000 damage (arrow rain hit about 5000, the mage one hit about 4000 odd) so even with 15k HP it shouldn't be too bad! Plus with all the bleed effects and other weaknesses I think it'll add more variety but not necessarily make fights slug fests.

I'm also interested in staking, if healing is turned off, thenthe aim will be to fill your hotbar with as many decimating attacks as possible, killing your opponent first... Wait. Thats staking already. :wall:

Also, ruby (e)'s should be a bit more fun to use in pvp, if there's a bolt spec ability, all fights would be started with that I guess....

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Considering thinking about 15k life point totals for the current system is not useful because we already know the entire system is changing. Things like brews/uni scrolls might be changed to heal differently, and the damage might be increased in various ways. I think in the end it will be less about who got the first massive attacks in and more about knowing what things to plan for. It should be a lot more interesting. I hope that overall fights aren't just random'ed slugfests. The beta should help clear all of this out.

If brews/unis stay the same and other food isn't increased, they will be even more useful though ;)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I dunno about you guys but I'm waiting for the very first pvp clan war to happen for the beta to see the system really put through its paces - I hope DF/Solace/RSD/other top clans are willing to do it. I'm dying to see it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Then we can start reversing the 10 lp/constitution update, because the last zero becomes meaningless :(.

Then we can start reversing the 10 lp/constitution update, because the last zero becomes meaningless :(.

Perhaps it'd be meaningless in the top end stuff, as it is to an extent now. But in the lower end it still makes a difference as hitting 11-19 vs hitting 10 is important there, but in the older system they are all the same 1 damage.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Does anyone get bored of this "multiply by ten every so often to keep people entertained with bigger hits" strategy?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Does anyone get bored of this "multiply by ten every so often to keep people entertained with bigger hits" strategy?

People are entertained by higher numbers, so.. apparently most of the runescape population isn't bored yet.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

You must realize they aren't just "multiplying everything by 10". They're reworking absolutely everything. The ~15k lifepoint cap and a way to deal 5000 damage doesn't mean shit if we don't know the first thing about how the new combat works. As stated before, everything we've seen is liable to change. That is the whole point of a beta test after all.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

You make it look like their 10x update was to just appease people. I view that update as a baby step to where we're heading with the cobat update. I also view it as a current necessity because they gave us real whole numbers when their system truncated and rounded down. Now I can see how them saying this doesn't seem so believable because they didn't make the system use decimals, but I'm guessing they liked whole numbers more because it made things look more clean and smooth.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png