The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

I think only wind surge needs only air runes, the other surge spells might continue to require death and/or bloods.

Don't quote me on that, but I seem to have somehow gotten that from the latest vid.

Except that that wouldn't make any sense lol.

Afkable 99 mage for free? Ok.

You'd have to keep monsters available though, not 100% afk? And we have no idea what the xp rate would be.

All you have to do is just splash on monsters since the base exp of the spell is decent. You could also mage skeleton monkies with it for only the cost of prayer potions.

All you have to do is just splash on monsters since the base exp of the spell is decent. You could also mage skeleton monkies with it for only the cost of prayer potions.

You are speculating on one part of a change that will revise everything we know about the game. We don't know if base spell xp will remain constant or not. Also surge boxes will be inside dungeons only. Sure air staffs might work.. But I think base spell xp will be changing.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Needs more arrow rain.

I kinda want a Saggitare style range combat, high mage defense, immune to range, can keep meleers at bay, and awesome attacks.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Ice barrage now costs 2 blood runes and 5 water runes. No deaths.

Rush and burst use Deaths, Barrage and Blitz use Bloods.

[qfc]296-297-268-63795757[/qfc]

DUMP DUMP DUMP

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I can definitely see Magic Ultimates having a cost in High-level runes, so that might be where Deaths/Bloods are most used post-update.

As far as we know, abilities won't have rune costs... Ala, cheap magic.

Serena_Sedai.png

Rune costs for magic damage spells have been reworked and are generally much cheaper. The standard air spells now just require air runes, so you can cast for free with an air staff.

Using the new abilities does not consume ammo for mages or rangers, only your auto attacks comsume ammo, so the cost of combat for mages and rangers should come down quite a bit.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It may well change during the beta. But I hope they don't just eliminate the real need for combat runes in mage. Cheaper is good though :)

Serena_Sedai.png

I think only wind surge needs only air runes, the other surge spells might continue to require death and/or bloods.

Don't quote me on that, but I seem to have somehow gotten that from the latest vid.

Except that that wouldn't make any sense lol.

Afkable 99 mage for free? Ok.

1. You can already get melee skills to 99 for free the same way

2. AFKing without spending any money would be slower xp

3. You can already get afkable 99 mage at a profit

There will be a free item shop.

Source?

[qfc]296-297-313-63795427[/qfc]

Glacors just got a lot more profitable.

Glacor drops just got a lot cheaper*

Ontopic sidenote, interesting the changes to armour hinted in the video, and the stats of weapons. I have a slight fear that this may be the phase out of fixed mode.. Fixed mode screen is going to be getting very small fitting in the action bar as well.. Although that said, one of the main drawbacks of resizable/fullscreen is the increased effort switching between interfaces, so perhaps it may not be such a bad choice anymore.

LgEZt.png

Ontopic sidenote, interesting the changes to armour hinted in the video, and the stats of weapons. I have a slight fear that this may be the phase out of fixed mode.. Fixed mode screen is going to be getting very small fitting in the action bar as well.. Although that said, one of the main drawbacks of resizable/fullscreen is the increased effort switching between interfaces, so perhaps it may not be such a bad choice anymore.

It looks like the chat gets smaller when action bar is visible.

Serena_Sedai.png

Glacors just got a lot more profitable.

Glacor drops just got a lot cheaper*

Maybe they'll just not allow for the action bar in fixed screen? Although I can't say I'd be completely surprised if they got rid of fixed screen completely.

Without the need to move around interfaces during high-tension moments, it should be a lot easier to do many activities like low-alch fishing and so forth.

Serena_Sedai.png

If the action bar isn't rebindable I'll know the people at Jagex are idiots.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It is obviously rebindable

1) you can reassign keys.

2) you can reassign slots.

Serena_Sedai.png

That's not what I meant. Rebindable as in bindable to mouse scroll wheel, alt/shift keys, etc.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

That's not what I meant. Rebindable as in bindable to mouse scroll wheel, alt/shift keys, etc.

^ 1) you can reassign keys.

We don't know if you can bind them to combo (ctrl+a) keys, or the mouse wheel yet.

Serena_Sedai.png

When the boxes are deleted and the refunds given the runes will not be refunded currently (this may change if I get the time to do it, but its low on my list of tasks). I would recommend taking the runes out of your boxes just to be safe. The update that deletes the boxes won't be until the combat rework goes to the live servers in several months time though.

Typical Jagex competency, they plan for something to screw over players?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png