The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

If the action bar isn't rebindable I'll know the people at Jagex are idiots.

It is obviously rebindable

1) you can reassign keys.

2) you can reassign slots.

That's not what I meant. Rebindable as in bindable to mouse scroll wheel, alt/shift keys, etc.

^ 1) you can reassign keys.

We don't know if you can bind them to combo (ctrl+a) keys, or the mouse wheel yet.

Hence my original post. Derp.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I like the ability descriptions. Even the basic ones seem great.

Strike - 100% damage w/ 10% chance of critical. Lvl 1 atk. 5 second coolddown.

Charge - 3 second stun. Opponents immune to stun suffer 300% damage. Lvl 5 atk. 20 second cooldown

Sever - 100% damage, 10% reduction of opponent's damage for 10 seconds. Lvl 10 atk. 30 second cooldown

Smash - 100% damage, ignores prayer. Lvl 20 atk (????? required). 10 second cooldown

Backhand - 3 second stun, opponents immune to stun suffer 300% max damage. Lvl 25 atk. 15 second cooldown

Hemorrhage - Cause 200% damage over 10 seconds. If opponent moves, it's 300% damage. Lvl 30 atk. 30 second cooldown

Whirlwind - Threshold, area attack for 200% damage to adjacent targets. Lvl 40 atk (2h melee required). 20 second cooldown

Overpower - Ultimate, damage 25% opponents max lifepoints. Lvl 45 atk. 60 second cooldown

Meteor strike - Ultimate, damage 40% opponents max lifepoints if they're over 50%. Lvl 55 atk (???? required). 60 second cooldown

Bash - 3 second stun. Target immune to stun suffer 300% weapon damage. Lvl 25 Def (shield required). 15 second cooldown

Reflect - Reflect 50% of damage back on the attacker. Lvl 30 def (shield required). 20 second cooldown.

Revenge - Threshold, any attack you receive boosts your damage for 10% for 10 seconds, stacks to 100%. Lvl 40 def. 20 second cooldown.

Dragon 2h: Damage 624, Bonus 600, Style Slash, Type Melee, Speed ???

Dragon Scim: Damage 257, Bonus 600, Style Slash, Type Melee, Speed Fastest

Zamarok Kiteshield: Armour 1200, Class Melee

Shame they didn't hover over the magic buttons.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

So we know about surgeboxes and the prayers... But what about the ring of vigour?

They could always change it so that the Adrenaline bar fills up faster.

When the boxes are deleted and the refunds given the runes will not be refunded currently (this may change if I get the time to do it, but its low on my list of tasks). I would recommend taking the runes out of your boxes just to be safe. The update that deletes the boxes won't be until the combat rework goes to the live servers in several months time though.

Typical Jagex competency, they plan for something to screw over players?

Have you not read the post or something?

That's not what I meant. Rebindable as in bindable to mouse scroll wheel, alt/shift keys, etc.

We don't know if you can bind them to combo (ctrl+a) keys, or the mouse wheel yet.

If you can't, just use ahk

Wheeldown::
Sendinput, 1

Are we going to be able to train Defence and hp at fast rates via chinchompas?

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Charge - 3 second stun. Opponents immune to stun suffer 300% damage. Lvl 5 atk. 20 second cooldown

Sever - 100% damage, 10% reduction of opponent's damage for 10 seconds. Lvl 10 atk. 30 second cooldown

Smash - 100% damage, ignores prayer. Lvl 20 atk (????? required). 10 second cooldown

Backhand - 3 second stun, opponents immune to stun suffer 300% max damage. Lvl 25 atk. 15 second cooldown

Hemorrhage - Cause 200% damage over 10 seconds. If opponent moves, it's 300% damage. Lvl 30 atk. 30 second cooldown

Whirlwind - Threshold, area attack for 200% damage to adjacent targets. Lvl 40 atk (2h melee required). 20 second cooldown

Overpower - Ultimate, damage 25% opponents max lifepoints. Lvl 45 atk. 60 second cooldown

Meteor strike - Ultimate, damage 40% opponents max lifepoints if they're over 50%. Lvl 55 atk (???? required). 60 second cooldown

Bash - 3 second stun. Target immune to stun suffer 300% weapon damage. Lvl 25 Def (shield required). 15 second cooldown

Reflect - Reflect 50% of damage back on the attacker. Lvl 30 def (shield required). 20 second cooldown.

Revenge - Threshold, any attack you receive boosts your damage for 10% for 10 seconds, stacks to 100%. Lvl 40 def. 20 second cooldown.

I wonder what exactly it means by "100% weapon damage". Does it mean it always guarantees you hit your maximum normal hit? Or does it just mean you deal normal damage for that attack? That way 300% would mean it deals up to triple damage, but not guaranteed?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I wonder what exactly it means by "100% weapon damage". Does it mean it always guarantees you hit your maximum normal hit? Or does it just mean you deal normal damage for that attack? That way 300% would mean it deals up to triple damage, but not guaranteed?

In most games, its wep damage base, modified (By things like strength, buffs, other gear, etc) reduced by defense of target (armor/ level etc)

So I have a 100 DPS wep, and 100 Str (100% damage, lets say) So I'd hit for 200. But opponent has 95% reduction due to armor. So I hit him for 10.

This COULD be a range however, like RS is now. Most games solve that by giving weps a damage range, say 5-10 with 1.0 attacks per second for an average of 7.5 base DPS.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Yes we do know

They said in the latest BTS video quite clearly you can reassigned action bar items to almost any SINGLE KEYBOARD key, including a-z 1-0 and some of the symbols.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They said in the video shift 1-5 is for swapping between action bars.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

From what NukeMarine posted it looks like weapons might be restricted to a single attack style now, which will be a huge pain in the ass for DG :/

If you are referring to the rings, like berzerker class, being effected well they'll be changing as well. You do make a point because certain monsters are better dispatched using crush, but slash is horrible.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yes we do know

They said in the latest BTS video quite clearly you can reassigned action bar items to almost any SINGLE KEYBOARD key, including a-z 1-0 and some of the symbols.

He wants them as combination keys like ctrl-q or alt-w, or assignable to the mouse scroll wheel (though that is already the camera).

Shift for different bars is pretty okay for me at least.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yes we do know

He wants them as combination keys like ctrl-q or alt-w, or assignable to the mouse scroll wheel (though that is already the camera).

Yeah I am glad they had the forethought of a fast key method of clutching through the bars.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If there any info on changing stats of our beta characters? I know we get free items, but it would be nice to test different account builds.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

If there any info on changing stats of our beta characters? I know we get free items, but it would be nice to test different account builds.

Apparently there will be a free item shop... I would assume potions and food will be all that you can obtain. I would like to think that players who have obtained other things like armor and weapons in the real game would know them best than if they supplied to the whole masses with free armor/weapons and asked for their opinion of each items change and play in combat. Maybe you would get free bronze-rune, but thats all i see coming as freebie test buys. That is mostly me trying to think how a jagex staff member might respond to the question. We may actually have the lose on death mechanic turned off for our accounts like jagex had for their mod accounts so they might be a more honest and thorough play feedback response.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yes we do know

I am aware of what he wanted, my point was in the video they explained what we could do. And that was assign a SINGLE keyboard key of choice to each hotbar action, which directly rules out things like ctrl+q or w/e, not a single stroke and seeing how much depth they went into with and it and menu cleared said 'assign key' it also occludes mouse inputs.

I mean for actual actions not switching the bars.

Again I am aware of what you were saying, the point was shift+number already has a set action, so even if they did implement dual keys to hotbar actions it is unlikely the shift combos would become usable.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I think they said you'd play on a copy of your actual character, and then have the free item shop (why do they call it a shop =/) to mess around with.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Glacors just got a lot more profitable.
Glacor drops just got a lot cheaper*Ontopic sidenote, interesting the changes to armour hinted in the video, and the stats of weapons. I have a slight fear that this may be the phase out of fixed mode.. Fixed mode screen is going to be getting very small fitting in the action bar as well.. Although that said, one of the main drawbacks of resizable/fullscreen is the increased effort switching between interfaces, so perhaps it may not be such a bad choice anymore.

Maybe they'll just not allow for the action bar in fixed screen? Although I can't say I'd be completely surprised if they got rid of fixed screen completely.

That's my fear, I would miss the unintrusive fixed mode. (Not that I play..)

If you can't, just use ahk

Wheeldown::Sendinput, 1

I think that would lack precise control. Though I look forward to seeing a mightier AHK script where the mouse-wheel changes a preselection of an ability, to be fired by a different mouse button. I used to have fun with a 5 button mouse in the past, but damn that could be deadly now.

About the abilities, they all have very low requirements.. I wonder how far up the scale they go, and should they exist, how a level 99 basic, threshold or ultimate is.

LgEZt.png

[hide]

Yes we do know

I am aware of what he wanted, my point was in the video they explained what we could do. And that was assign a SINGLE keyboard key of choice to each hotbar action, which directly rules out things like ctrl+q or w/e, not a single stroke and seeing how much depth they went into with and it and menu cleared said 'assign key' it also occludes mouse inputs.

Again I am aware of what you were saying, the point was shift+number already has a set action, so even if they did implement dual keys to hotbar actions it is unlikely the shift combos would become usable.

[/hide]

None of that made any sense, nor did it answer the question.

If they don't allow fully rebindable keys, I'll go WTF.

Stonewall337.png

[hide]

Yes we do know

[/hide]

You aren't making sense. Some key combinations can't be bound because the java applet has to catch them. And it would suck if you bound say Ctrl-Q and lost focus on the java app and closed your browser. Being able to bind modifier keys is a lot more difficult to program. If that isn't what you wanted, could you please attempt more detail of your idea? :)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

[hide]

Yes we do know

[/hide]

You aren't making sense. Some key combinations can't be bound because the java applet has to catch them. And it would suck if you bound say Ctrl-Q and lost focus on the java app and closed your browser. Being able to bind modifier keys is a lot more difficult to program. If that isn't what you wanted, could you please attempt more detail of your idea? :)

Full renbindablity includes all keys on keyboard pretty much, alt keys, and shift keys. Also numbers.

Stonewall337.png

I think they said you'd play on a copy of your actual character, and then have the free item shop (why do they call it a shop =/) to mess around with.

Jagex will need everything top to bottom checked, focusing on the top of the top would provide coverage holes. Some people would try out all the levels, but forced fixed combat gives the best cross section.

[hide]

Yes we do know

[/hide]

Full renbindablity includes all keys on keyboard pretty much, alt keys, and shift keys. Also numbers.

As I said in the video about the actionbar they clearly stated the action bar can be rebound to any single key from the keyboard including all the letters numbers and 'some' symbols.

So you are not getting it 'fully' rebindable as you term it as it is clearly some keys are not included, nor is the mouse and there is no combination support, only single keys.

I don't see how this can be confusing or fail to answer you question about rebinding of keys, it's pretty straight forward and is direct from the mouths of jmods and shown on video.

Plv6Dz6.jpg