European Football Championship

Jonanananas

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty disappointing seeing the Netherlands lose yesterday. They had plenty of chances but couldn't get anything to go in but they were really playing like a team that's had much time to work together. It kind of reminded me of the Champs Final.. I enjoyed today's Spain-Italy match, it was fun to watch.

tFtfA.jpg

Was very disappointed with Holland yesterday. Felt like they weren't really playing as a team. Felt more like the players were playing for their own personal glory. There was a 10-15min chapter after the break where they really started to click, but they lost their rhythm after the substitutions.

Russia vs Czech was great entertainment. Russia's midfield + strikers were absolutely fantastic and tore Czech's defence apart. Was great to watch.

Spain vs Italy was a great match too. Perhaps not much going on in the first half, but the 2nd half was amazing. Great display from both teams. I thought Torres did pretty good when he came on. He made some great runs, he just needs to get more confident and clinical with his chances. If he manages that, he could become great threat.

EDIT: God, Ireland are unlucky in this game. 3-1 just seconds after I posted this. I feel bad for Given, that was incredibly unlucky.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Obv cheering for Spain so I might be biased, but Italy had another great show of diving. At least half included a complete 360 tumble finish.

I honestly didn't notice much diving in that match. And even so, the ref did a fairly good job by not giving too much away.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

I also didn't notice any serious diving though I will admit I'm no expert on that. Anyhow, Italy didn't get any distinct advantage out of it.

I don't watch every match (Exam tomorrow -.-) but Italy vs. Spain was the best one I've seen so far. Some very great scenes and overall fast-paced and enjoyable. Both teams also have shown they have a lot of potential. Unfortunately, this means it will get quite hard for Germany, especially if they don't improve from their performance on Saturday...

Obv cheering for Spain so I might be biased, but Italy had another great show of diving. At least half included a complete 360 tumble finish.

I honestly didn't notice much diving in that match. And even so, the ref did a fairly good job by not giving too much away.

Maybe because I'm a casual viewer, but somersaulting after someone makes light contact is just painful to watch.

I can see France going far this year, not sure if they can win it though. I don't understand why Spain has decided to take Torres over Soldado and then not even bother to play a striker against a side like Italy. For all their possession, Spain was giving away more clear cut chances than creating them.

Germany to win the whole thing imo.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Strange tactics by the England side after going ahead. Playing two banks of four... which is of questionable effectiveness in international tournaments of this caliber anyway... but those banks were way too deep, pretty much lining up on the penalty box. You can't back off that much against Benzema, Ribery, Nasri etc., they're among the best in the world in those positions.

probably the worst game so far. i hope england only played like that because they wanted a draw. if they keep that up i might have to just avoid watching them. so boring. nasri was impressive but other than that this match was meh.

also it feels like every other game ends in a draw.

First half was quite interesting, methinks. And at least there was bombardment on English goal for the most time of the game.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I personally found it quite intriguing, but it's a shame that because of the humidity and lack of acclimatisation, France weren't able to capitalise on some defensive tactics which, frankly, haven't been used by any other international team apart from England on a consistent basis for about fifteen years. (Except perhaps Brazil in 2010--how did that work out, by the way?)

In my eyes, a tepid encounter made all the more pointless by a shock win for the Ukraine. I'd still back France and England to beat them comfortably despite Sweden's result.

England - France was an awful match. The first half was somewhat decent, but 2nd half... Dear god, I don't think I've ever seen such boring football before. I know it was very hot today, so understandably the players got tired quickly, but it was still absolutely awful in every way.

Sweden - Ukraine was interesting however. I was expecting Sweden to be the better team, but Ukraine fully deserved the win. Sweden were just awful today.

Really looking forward to Polland - Russia tomorrow. Russia were amazing in the first round and I hope they can continue like that. If they do, they could go really far.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

During the Ireland Vs. Croatia match yesterday, oh deary me, we couldn't defend for our lives! And that goal Croatia scored in the 48 minute was just like WTF :mellow:

Spain Vs Italy match was pretty meh.

Enjoyed France scoring during the France Vs England match earlier :P Boring all round really.

Didn't watch the entire Sweeden Vs Ukraine match, but from what I saw it seemed like a better match than the F vs E match earlier.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

During the Ireland Vs. Croatia match yesterday, oh deary me, we couldn't defend for our lives! And that goal Croatia scored in the 48 minute was just like WTF :mellow:

Spain Vs Italy match was pretty meh.

Enjoyed France scoring during the France Vs England match earlier :P Boring all round really.

Didn't watch the entire Sweeden Vs Ukraine match, but from what I saw it seemed like a better match than the F vs E match earlier.

How can Spain Vs Italy be "pretty meh"? Been one of the best matches so far, along with Russia vs Czech. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

England/France was pretty boring and Ireland/Croatia was a crap match all around. Looking forward to Netherlands/Germany.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

The headline in today's Metro over the England result:

"French get taught a lesson in resistance."

I was wondering when the inevitable WW2 comments would start, should've taken bets on how long, it's so ridiculously predictable I'd have made a killing. Happens every bloody tournament and every time we play either France, Italy or Germany in the World Cup.

Meh, I'm happy it wasn't given. I really dislike how Greece play and I want them out as soon as possible.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

I dunno, I just wasn't as drawn into the Spain Vs Italy match as I was into the Ireland vs Croatia match...though that may be due to bias :mrgreen:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!