European Football Championship

Jonanananas

Yup, Holland is definitely out. At the moment, they need to score 3 goals in order to advance with 15minutes left. That simply isn't going to happen.

Holland has been very, very disappointing in this tournament.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They weren't really overrated, if you look at the players, they are some of the best in the world. The bad part is that they didn't play as a team. The team was weaker than the sum of its players. Vice versa could be said about Portugal, they really shone today. Specially Cristiano Ronaldo, the *****bag that I usually hate, played great today.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I think Denmark deserved to go through today. They played so well in all their games. Their defence just seemed to soak up pressure. They were quite unlucky against Germany, with a definite penalty call and the winning goal coming from an unlucky slip/slide to give away possession.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Great games today, it is kind of a shame to see some good teams get eliminated due to that incredibly tough group, but I think overall Portugal and Germany did deserve it the most.

Netherlands showed some skill up front, but their defence was pretty weak and they didn't work together well. Regardless of your opinions on the guy, Ronaldo had an amazing game - he looked dangerous every time he touched the ball, and with a bit of luck he could have had 4-5 goals that game.

I only watched parts of the Germany/Denmark game, but Germany continued to look strong. I think Denmark would have had a shot if they were switched with one of the group A teams, just an unlucky draw for them.

Yeah, Denmark played pretty good this tournament. They probably could have advanced to the quarter finals in any other group. Germany and Portugal were just too strong for them.

Holland can certainly attack, but it's almost as if they don't play defence at all. Their defending has been awful and that's pretty much the reason why they're out.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Again, I think Croatia should have gone through and possibly won. A penalty call and then the goal against them to me looked offside.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Again, I think Croatia should have gone through and possibly won. A penalty call and then the goal against them to me looked offside.

The goal wasn't offside(though narrowly) but you're right about the penalty call. Still, that's what you have to expect at times, and while Croatia was a strong team, I think it's alright that Spain and Italy went through. Croatia had a tough group.

Well, wasn't offside, but it was still a really unlucky moment. The whole defensive line and the goalkeeper all wanted an offside and so stopped, even though in replay there was no offside...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

We may not have the best football team, but damn if you wouldn't salute our fans then there's something wrong!

Oh I love our fans :mrgreen:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Didn't see them this game, but if you've read the thread, we've had a video of your fans here. And as I've said, during match against Spain I nearly started to cry.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Wasn't able to watch the games today other than the last 5 minutes of the Italy-Ireland game (awesome goal scored by Balotelli (sp?)), but the results today were pretty much expected. Croatia played well, but anything else would have been a huge upset.

The England-Ukraine game tomorrow could be interesting, and it'll be Wayne Rooney's first game back from his suspension... hopefully he plays well and is ready for the quarterfinals (assuming they make it).

Spain Vs Chelsea, I mean Croatia was a pretty boring match. Isn't much fun when a team plays a 10 man defence. However, props to Spain for waiting for them to get desperate at the end by attacking and therefore opening up their defence more.

I found the Torres-Navas sub pretty weird, but I guess it paid off. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Ugh I think that's another blown call. In a sport where 1 goal means so much how do these refs keep screwing up? Jesus Christ. (edit - apparently it was offside. ref still screwed up but the game shouldn't be tied).

England is more entertaining with Rooney though.

I'm so amazed football doesn't have the same sort of line technology Tennis does. It's just absurd as to why it isn't there.

zqXeV.jpg

As every single Estonian would say, Viktor Kassai and his team of referees are the worst referees in the history of football :D

I watched the Swedish - French match and as a fan of all Nordic teams (namely Denmark and Sweden here), the game was a joy for me to watch. The goal by Zlatan was amazing. Only one that rivals it by beauty is the one by Welbeck's heel, but still. Swedes deserved to go to the quarterfinals aswell, only thing that kept them out was seriously bad luck in game against England and I have no idea what they did against Ukraine, since I didn't see that game.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Well there are those who argue that this kind of stuff is a part of football and shouldn't be limited.

Still, the goal was offside anyway. I don't see the big deal. Yeah, it was the wrong decision, but that wouldn't have happened anyway if only right decisions had been made.

edit: And yes, Ibrahimovic's goal was amazing to watch.

Surprised England won the group, Italy should be a very tight match.

I'm so amazed football doesn't have the same sort of line technology Tennis does. It's just absurd as to why it isn't there.

You can thank the dinosaurs at FIFA for that. At least they're looking to implement it sometime soon.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png