European Football Championship

Jonanananas

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The commentators for the BBC are the most biased [Wagons] on the face of the planet...really, really annoy me.

They're so anti-everybody-but-England that it's sickening.

Italy had a ton of chances during this Italy-England match, really surprised they didn't score..

To be honest, it's no surprise that the home television channel will be supporting the home team. I bet the Italian television coverage was just the same.

England deserved to go out, they looked so tired and just plain bad. They didn't run down the ball or seem to be trying at all.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

What a match. Despite the lack of goals, it was great entertainment throughout the whole thing (Although it obviously slowed down quite a bit in extra time).

Wanted England to go through, but I can't deny that Italy were much better.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

My favourite part of that match was when De Rossi grabbed someone's shirt and then threw himself on the ground. It negated a corner and made me laugh so hard.

Yeah that was pretty ridiculous :P

I'm happy that italy got through. I didn't really support either team, but if England had got through in penalties after this match, it would just have been plain unfair. (Though that is bound to happen at times of course)

I'm wondering though if they're going to continue to have such big problems actually scoring a goal even with good chances. It has happened quite often in this championship already, and in the end it's goals that count, not chances.

Still, my respect for Italy has grown and semi-finals against them is going to be a hard match.

Was a tough match for me to choose a side, but I guess now that Italy won I will be cheering for them.

Italy definitely controlled the match, but England did a great job to not concede a goal. Helps that Balotelli didn't take his chances well.

Spectacular game by Pirlo. His long passes were incredible, and nothing throws a goalie off by embarrassing him with a little chip over the line on a penalty kick.

Germany is the favourite of course, but I think that Italy has a good chance of beating them if they capitalize on their chances.

Penalties at the moment. God, my nerves can't handle another shoot-out. GO SPAIN!

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

OH MY GOD, THIS WAS THE MOST NERVE-WRECKING THING I'VE EVER SEEN. Seriously, I'm literally shaking lolol.

God, I love you Fabregas <3 And I lol'd at Ronaldo's face after the penalties. He seemed mad and disappointed that he didn't get to shoot. :>

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

I wished for Portugal to pass. Ronaldo is a ******bag, but still. I hate Spain even more than I can hate Ronaldo alone. Now I just wish that Germany would win them Pasta-eaters and pull the bag on them Spaniards.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

That was kind of funny, Portugal iced their own player with their last minute reshuffling of their kicking order. I can understand why Ronaldo wanted to go last and had it played out the way they were probably expecting that could have gone down as one of his greats moments in his career, I imagine.

Was it the 4th Spain PK Portugal's goalie jumped early?

tFtfA.jpg

Ronaldo's expression at the end was that of a man who had a bad decision made for him by another person. Speculation aside, it was a silly choice by whoever it was. I'm not convinced Germany will put Gomez at fifth if faced with similar circumstances tonight.

As much as I know Spain are the better team, and as much as I hate Italy for beating England (though supporting England should mean that I'm used to disappointment), I still want Italy to beat Spain so that Spain don't get three championships in a row...

Really hoping for Spain to win this. Love watching them play and they deserve it imo. Although Italy are playing a lot different in this tournament, they have always been incredibly boring in the past and I just can't get myself to support them. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Very well deserved, watching Spain tonight was just orgasmic. Although I kinda feel bad for Balotelli and Pirlo. Kinda starting to like Balotelli (more than I did anyway). Also incredibly happy with Torres getting the golden boot, hopefully that'll boost his confidence for next season and he'll find his form (Weird saying that since I'm a Liverpool supporter, lol).

But this tournament as whole has been amazing. Only like 2 or 3 truly boring games, otherwise it's been great entertainment throughout the whole thing.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Isn't this only two major tournaments in a row for Spain? USA knocked out Spain in the Confederations Cup in '09, which I would consider to be a major tournament.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Isn't this only two major tournaments in a row for Spain? USA knocked out Spain in the Confederations Cup in '09, which I would consider to be a major tournament.

Reading about it, I wouldn't really call it major. :/ Seems more like a practice tournament of some sort to me.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png