Can't alch in duel arena anymore -.-

Peronix

oh boo hoo you cant get in duelers way when theyre trying to get the first hit or switch weapons now...a much needed update in my opinion

I have no idea what you just said. Many people like to team up with another alcher in the arena so they can watch fights. No problem was presented by this, and Jagex swoops in and takes it out. Just how was it much needed? :roll:

What he is trying to say is that if everyone went into the duel arena to alch, it would start to get very hard to duel people, especially if you are a mage type character. There would be too many people.

But I dont know why you wouldnt be able to alch ABOVE the arena, maybe there was some kinda glitch with alching.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed this around a week ago. However, I chose to stay quiet.

Ahh, I thought I'd let everyone know since I didn't see any threads about it. And of course vent a little :x

BTW, any other good alching spots that make the task less boring?

There's the nice observation area above the duel arena, where you can see all the fights. Just like the nifty observation area in Castle Wars.

They did it because there are only so many available slots in the duel arena. If you get in a crowded staking world, there are at least 50-100 alchers inside the arena. When the arena maxes out, people are not able to duel.

Sure, this inconvenience only lasts for a few moments, but the n00bs complain anyway.

It's not that much of a loss, really. You still can watch the fights from a distance.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I thought once no one had died in the arena it became a automatic forfiet or sumthing? Not to sure though. :?

I prefer alching in crowded banks to sell things, or wait to see a good deal go bye :wink:

Yea.. I still don't understand why Jagex seems to beat magic dead.. with crumble undead and all..

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

allright well i have read all the posts on this thread......and before i say anything i have alched there before and it is a good time passer. people have been saying that autoers alched there because of no random events but why dont they make it so there are random events on the wall! this would solve a lot of troubles.

I would like to thank JaGeX for ruining all of those other training methods for mages first of all, that was REALLY kind of you :roll:. But now you've taken things WAY too far. Today I went to my favorite spot to alch, the al karid duel arena. I leaned over the wall, and guess what. My freakin mage pannel disappeared. Oh god, what was their reasoning in doing that?! Then some guy proposes to alch with me inside the arena, so we go in. I try to alch a yew long, and guess what. Some obnoxious crowd member yells at me to kill my opponent. This happens every tiem you try to use alchemy in the duel arena. OKAY, I can understand why they took it out of castlewars. Many people were sitting in the respawn rooms leeching tickets for doing absolutly nothing. But just tell me how THIS presented ANY kind of a problem.

Again, I would like to thank JaGeX for going in and destroying every possible quick training method, and now a method to make one of the more boring methods less boring. No more watching fights up close or having a birds eye view of them for that matter while alching anymore :roll:

sry to say but this has been like this for 2+ months

Jain_Charin.png

im not quite sure if anybody posted this, but the only apparent reason i can see for this (i dont know about the leaning over the wall), is that the duel arena is the last place where you can peacefully alch without random events. afaik the only reason to take this out was to make autoing just that more difficult.

R.I.P. Shiva

I agree. Yes, before I am barraged with "no randoms in there" comments, I know that no random events occur inside the arenas.

The thing is that alching is so boring. Alching inside the arenas while watching the fights is fun to watch people fight each other and see lower levels own higher levels.

Another good spot is the Barrows where you can also loot :D

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

i have GREAT IDEA

take your 10k nats

10k yew longs

go to 55 wild and sit outside mage bank, you can watch fights up close and i promise you can high alch?

Can you please clarify exactly what your point is? You don't get them across very well with gross sarcasm like that.

I agree. Yes, before I am barraged with "no randoms in there" comments, I know that no random events occur inside the arenas.

The thing is that alching is so boring. Alching inside the arenas while watching the fights is fun to watch people fight each other and see lower levels own higher levels.

Another good spot is the Barrows where you can also loot :D

Take it from me; a better place to loot is at busy banks. While fletching the past few days, I have seen many people hit the floor dropping really good stuff, like two people loosing their whips; I even got 1k yew longs :)

Ahh, I thought I'd let everyone know since I didn't see any threads about it. And of course vent a little :x

The best place to do it...no randoms...not risk of dying.

The fight caves. Get the bat stuck behind the boot shaped wall (Italy) and high alch there undesterbed. I also like to high alch in the wilderness overpass shortcut and in the shdow dungeon, temple of light, and Letya.

i alched atdeul arena many time, its fun to do with freinds and makes the time apss alot. but i guess its necesary to stop autoers although i cant see why soemone cant just report an autoer there so obvious to spot

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

Remind me, how does alching in the duel arena make you get experience faster than alching anywhere else?

It doesn't, earlier in this thread someone pointed out the fact that there are no random events in the duel arena which also applied to leaning wall as far as i know. (might be wrong on that last one)

now ppl are mad about not being able to alch at the arena nor in the leaning wall position because of the very fact that it made alching easier for autoers and legit players suffer from it.

i for one farm while i alch or do something else like thieve nat chests. passes the time and gets me some other exp too. and i also understand why jagex did this, you guys should too. if in fact a random event could come while leaning on wall then the matter is different and i don't support jagex's decision since it must have been nice to watch fights while alching.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Anyone notice how Jagex never announces "bad" updates? :roll:

They just hope that we don't notice.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Why not trying making alching productive and stand at the nature chest , steal a nature rune every 5th or so alch , standing in the same spot alching endlessly has ALWAYS been counter-productive and useless :P

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

ok so people crowd the duel arena making it next to impossible to see who your fighting at times? you shouldnt be alching in there it was made for fighting. ive lost many times because alchers block my view, the other person can hit first then switching weapons is easier to re attack. alching in the duel arena gets in the way and lags server 2 more than it already is

are you a member?? cause ill be damned if you haven't ever done what he is talking about!!!

HE ISN"T IN THE DUEL ARENA!!! NOT IN THE DUEL ARENA SEE!? NOT IN IT!!

he is on the wall where there is a LEAN ON WALL OPTION!!! then the whole view (well most of it) of the duel arena comes on and you can see the fights... HE ISN"T IN THE DUEL ARENA!! jeeze! :roll:

hmm lets see which is easier.....lets make it so you cant alch in the entire area orrrrrrr lets divide the code up and make the programming harder for the oh say 1000 players who alch there out of a game with over 400,000 member accounts....you should be the one using your head.

Just alch by the gem stall and shut up already. I swear the things people choose to whine about.

Well... lets think about this for a moment...

If you are in a duel, in the arena... What exactly is it that you should be doing? Its obviously not called the Al Kharid Alch Arena. The place is for dueling. Thats what you should be doing. So that part of your complaint was a foolish and pointless one, IMHO.

Now... the leaning thing I'm slightly split on, but you come off as an extreme drama queen when you say that Jagex has "ruined alching". Oh, so its ruined simply because you can't lean and alch? Please... get over it. You can still alch while spectating, leaning over the wall doesn't improve the view by that much. So yeah... guess that part of your complaint is pretty pointless as well.

I can't believe some of the things you people choose to whine over... Then again... You always did have a habit of making false claims and what not. Guess complaining about silly things such as this is right up your ally.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva