Sleep

asfcjfdyitfhglh

Hi everybody, I'm looking for some advice on sleeping. I am the kind of person who will end up still on his iPod watching videos at 2:00 in the morning, when I have to get up at 7:00. However, even after staying up late, I'm not tired. I have always found that when I try to make myself fall asleep naturally, it's very difficult. I've tried putting on music, which usually just keeps me up. I've tried eating, which helps if I'm hungry, but doesn't seem to actually make a difference. I've even tried medication (melatonin or something like that - I cannot remember the name). If you have any helpful advice, please comment.

[hide]Yes, I've tried [bleep] right before I want to fall asleep. That doesn't work either >_<[/hide]

Are you busy/active during the day time? Most people who are inactive/lazy have some trouble sleeping as their bodies are not physically tired. I'm not calling you lazy, just asking :3

Also, do you smoke? This can often cause trouble as every 20 minutes your body is craving another cigarette!

Aye, I have these problems. Sometimes I fall to sleep straight away, other days I know I have to get up at 5am three days in a row, but still am only going to bed at 12-1am and end up feeling really sick at the end of it.

And, I'm very active daily so I should be tired, and I am, I just can't sleep

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

The first step is to use up all your energy from the day, trouble sleeping regularly often stems for excess energy which either means you are doing to little or eating too much. Eg if you sit on ur ass all day playing video games you can probably skip lunch in favour of a small snack and have a small dinner.

Secondly is when trying to sleep you need to cut off ALL stimulus.

It needs to be dark, quiet etc. Playing videos/tv computer etc will keep you awake because the screen is bright which gives a lot of visual stimulus and our brains our program, on a very basic level, that bright = day = must be awake. Dark = night = sleep. So just laying in total darkness and it will help you get tired.

Other than that you just wanna force yourself to get up on time/early. If you do that you'll be short of sleep so you'll want to sleep earlier naturally which will push your body clock towards the sleep pattern you need.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sleep occurs when neurological activity reaches below a certain threshold where it can "turn off". Listening to music innervates the nervous system, it doesn't calm it down. Food: Proteins keep the body awake, carbohydrates make the body feel "drowsy" since the body rushes to remove sugars in the bloodstream. Smoking, caffeinated drinks and alcohol disturb the circadian rhythm, effectively keeping the body awake. Try and establish a bedtime routine. Stop watching videos about an hour before you want to go to bed, and do something more relaxing.

A word about medication: Unless it's on prescription by a HCP, and therefore its use being monitored, it shouldn't be used as a long-term solution to insomnia, regardless of how effective it may or may not be.

Yesterday: went to bed 2AM, woke at 7:20AM for work. Napped 12:30-12:55 at lunch. "Napped" from 6PM to 11PM after supper. Went to bed at 3AM this morning, to wake up at 7:20AM for work again. Also just woke up from my lunch nap to write this post :).

So yeah, I don't do well with sleeping schedules either.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I've heard meditation helps. You're supposed to lay still and focus on your breathing without thinking about anything else. I tried it last night but I suck at it, within around 20 seconds I'm thinking about something else, or a song starts playing in my head and I can't stop it.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I've had a fairly successful sleep pattern for a while now. I go to bed at 10-10:30 and get up at either 6 or 7 depending on my work shift. I wouldn't be able to do it without Dave though, he has to drag me out of bed every morning. I need my sleep, I'm not a morning person. I used to go to bed at all sorts of hours but living with someone else helps to forge a routine and I've had far less problems getting to sleep since I've developed a proper sleeping pattern.

• Like 1

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Are you busy/active during the day time? Most people who are inactive/lazy have some trouble sleeping as their bodies are not physically tired. I'm not calling you lazy, just asking :3

Also, do you smoke? This can often cause trouble as every 20 minutes your body is craving another cigarette!

During the week, I'm pretty much a sloth. I do get a good bit of exercise over the weekend though. And no, I don't smoke, I'm 15 haha :)

Self induced insomniac here.

It started as a way to hang out with all my friends in a day, and it grew into something uglier. Now I sleep about 12 hours a week if I'm lucky. So your watching videos til 2am and waking up at 7am isn't a healthy habit and you should likely stop while you still can. I'm at the point where I stay up for 2 days just to get tired enough to take a 2 hour nap and go to work half the time.

What I recommend to solve this issue:

1) during the day BE ACTIVE. Like super active. Run. Lift. Whatever. Talk to many people, tire your mind with thoughts during the day.

2) shower before bed, but don't use cold water. Cold showers are for mornings.

3) read at night with a headboard lamp. Tire your eyes and thoughts.

4) go to bed roughly 9 hours before needing to wake up.

5) don't eat anything too sugary after lunch.

6) DO NOT DEVIATE FROM A CYCLE.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

1) during the day BE ACTIVE. Like super active. Run. Lift. Whatever. Talk to many people, tire your mind with thoughts during the day.

I was going to suggest the exact same thing. You've got a lot of extra energy, you may as well burn it by doing exercise of some sort. It will also make you healthier so it's win win.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I've had the same problem for the past two years, and it all stemmed from my usage of my iPod.

Finally got it fixed two weeks ago by staying awake for two days straight. Now I have a normal sleep cycle and I get the urge to use my iPod less.

22031_s.gif

^ That's funny, I actually use my iPod Touch to fall asleep, and it works great. I go into bed while kind of tired, turn on a Ted Talk/similar video on the YouTube app, and listen (sometimes watch) until I can't keep my eyes open any longer, or until I just drift off. It probably works for me just because it's such a regular routine by now.

I know this sounds made up, but I read "do not levitate from a motorcycle".

• Like 1

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

I've found that trying to manually "shut off" my brain puts me to sleep quickly. Completely relax your body, breathe slowly, try to make your heartbeat slower, imagine total darkness, feel like you're slowly falling in a never ending hole, and then suddenly it's morning. The only downside is that I've never remembered a dream when I do this...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Ah, the benefits of intoxicated forum browsing :)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I've had a fairly successful sleep pattern for a while now. I go to bed at 10-10:30 and get up at either 6 or 7 depending on my work shift. I wouldn't be able to do it without Dave though, he has to drag me out of bed every morning. I need my sleep, I'm not a morning person. I used to go to bed at all sorts of hours but living with someone else helps to forge a routine and I've had far less problems getting to sleep since I've developed a proper sleeping pattern.

Can you lend us your boyfriend to help everyone get to sleep?

Rainy day might have other things in mind though

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

My girlfriend is actually the same way. I've always hated mornings unless I approach them from behind. Since I've been with her, I'm actually in bed by midnight (unless it's a weekend), and up by 7. I've always liked to have under 7hrs of sleep, elsewise I ironically feel tired in the morning. It's always great to see the positive influences that your better half has on you.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Ah, the benefits of intoxicated forum browsing :)

I don't post when I'm not sober, too much effort. Don't have the necessary attention span :P

I don't think that he'd be into that D=

You know, I wasn't at first either, but Jimmy convinced me.

He's a very good convincer.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

dwaynejohnsonxlarge.jpg

22031_s.gif

I am right there with you, with my abysmal sleeping habbits which will put me in perpetual jet lag if I am not careful (right now being a fantastic example).

Unfortunately, I have trained myself to use certain audio stimulus to help calm my mind to go to sleep. Long story short, I require background noise, which I normally provide in the form of my computer or tv running some sort of movie I am familiar with (family guy gets used a lot for this) and that has a fairly steady volume level (whispering will make me try to listen, loud noises will be heard by other people and keep me awake as well). On the other hand, I also sleep with a mask on to block out all light. Audio is the only stimulus I like. Every once in a while I'll make sure I can still sleep without it, but its not as comfortable for me anymore.

When I know I need to go to sleep, or whenever I want to move back into my time zone, I take melatonin. I'll normally keep doing that for about a month, and then I should be good for about another month after I stop before I revert to jet lag mode and repeat the cycle. Melatonin pills also make me a very light sleeper, so I use them whenever I am worried my alarm will not wake me up.

my abysmal sleeping habbits

I think you meant hobbits.

You were always interested deep down :)

• Like 1

RIP Michaelangelopolous