Bronies: Love it or Hate it?

horsegallop

PONIES!

Oh wait I'm not a Brony. I forsee mixed, but generally negative, replies from TIF in this thread.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Isn't this fandom just as insufferable as every other fandom? And don't pretty much everybody agree with this? I'm just wondering where the discussion value of this is other than people going "lol thems some weird people taking a cartoon way too seriously *plays minecraft 60 hours a week* *poops in sock*".

That said, the series itself is probably quite important and it's good that it exists.

2009rb9.jpg

I actually like the new MLP. I've watched it a couple of times while babysitting my friend's daughter (not that I had a choice at first, you don't mess with a 4 year old girl's ponies :lol:), and it's so much better than the pointless fluff that it was when I was growing up.

Not that I'd go all crazy over it like these people do. That's reserved for Firefly and any other Joss Whedon goodness. ;)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I honestly don't see why this attracts so much hate. I've watched 3 episodes of it (if you count the pilot as 2), and it's a pretty decent show IMO. I can see how someone who only talks about MLP would be very annoying (I know one), but the same could probably be said of anything.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

and it's so much better than the pointless fluff that it was when I was growing up.

Do you suppose that the previous season you watched when you were younger was full of fluff, or is it because now that you're older, you can see past the externals of the current season into the more subtle and finer points of the show?

I quite enjoy this, but like anything else, the rabid parts of the fandom can truly wreck it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

and it's so much better than the pointless fluff that it was when I was growing up.

Do you suppose that the previous season you watched when you were younger was full of fluff, or is it because now that you're older, you can see past the externals of the current season into the more subtle and finer points of the show?

I quite enjoy this, but like anything else, the rabid parts of the fandom can truly wreck it.

The G1-G3 MLP was absolutely awful... I have watched a little bit of it, and there is nothing captivating about it.

It's surprising how much stuff you miss when you go back to the cartoons you grew up with. I finished a Courage the Cowardly Dog binge over the summer and I'm not sure how I appreciated the show at all ten years ago (Or how it didn't traumatize me, but that's another topic entirely).

Tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't really care about bronies, though. "Adult fans of a kid's series" is basically the driving force of the internet.

Liking MLP: That's cool, I'm not going to judge because I have my own guilty pleasures.

Rubbing MLP into everyone's face constantly, referencing it in every possible discussion, and trying to crossover it with every other series ever? In that case burn it with fire and follow Langzor's example.

Everyone has things they like that are probably not popular amongst their demographic. You don't hear me posting about "A Certain Scientific Railgun" every five minutes, claiming persecution against us whenever someone dislikes the show, or redrawing Marvel characters so that they're middleschoolers. And if I did any of that, I'd limit it to forums made for that fandom. People who overkill their liking of a show so much that they start shoving it down the throats of everyone else are exactly what make people hate the show. The logic is "If the people who watch this cartoon are THAT [bleep]ing annoying, then obviously I wouldn't like the show."

Your tastes in TV are like your underwear: Choose what you're comfortable with and like, but please don't shove them in my face unless you're really sure I'm into that. And don't try to force me to try out yours either, it's not cool.

• Like 2

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Your tastes in TV are like your underwear: Choose what you're comfortable with and like, but please don't shove them in my face unless you're really sure I'm into that. And don't try to force me to try out yours either, it's not cool.

Siggy'd

I don't care about bronies. But those that have some sort of creepy pony sexual fetish now that's just disturbing. I would really rather not know. As long as they keep their disgusting antics out of my face I don't care.

2480+ total

It's possible but in my opinion, and as Vezon said, G1 MLP (yes, I'm that old) was absolutely awful. If the current show had been on then, I totally would have watched it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I know some poser bronies. They act like they love it, but everyone knows they don't watch it. They just think bronies are cool. It's the weirdest thing. Anything for attention, I guess.

It's surprising how much stuff you miss when you go back to the cartoons you grew up with. I finished a Courage the Cowardly Dog binge over the summer and I'm not sure how I appreciated the show at all ten years ago (Or how it didn't traumatize me, but that's another topic entirely).

I was one of the people that was traumatized by that show. One of my most vivid memories of my childhood is when Courage opens a door, and behind it is a girl playing the violin. Then she turns around and screams. I got scared shitless. After I watched an episode over the summer, I found that I now appreciate the show much more nowadays.

Back on topic, I never watched MLP. I have a brony friend, but he tends to be fairly quiet about his love for the show. I only found out he was a brony when he started wearing a brony t-shirt everywhere.

22031_s.gif

I [bleep]ing hate the brony fad with a passion. Well, I mean, I don't really care if some 19 year old neckbeard likes a little girl's show, and pretends to like it for the plot when they're really just trying to gain acceptance from other strangers online. But every one of those guys I know in real life is so [bleep]ing annoying and weird. yes, you like my little pony, hahaha gee you're so "random." you don't need to keep talking about it.

Quite literally the worst subgroup that exists on the internet. Even worse than Naruto fans.

What's wrong with Naruto?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

So I don't actually know any bronies, or if I do, they're not talking.

Quite frankly, I don't care what people watch in their free time and I would be a huge hypocrite if I did seeing as I started watching yu-gi-oh gx when I was 21 I think, and have also been working my way through all the pokemon. I missed these shows during my childhood, so now I play catchup in between american dad, stargate and the big bang theory.

I'll admit that I find the concept of grown men liking a show about rainbow ponies more than a little odd, but I also think that it is a wonderful thing that a grown man, or even better a teenage male can profess their love of rainbow ponies and not get punched 'until it causes hydrogen fusion'. When I was growing up, a girl could like the same toys, play the same games, and watch the same shows as the boys (itself an improvement over my parents generation), but it sure didn't work the other way.

And I think for those of us here who just think it's really weird/creepy as all get out, consider this your preview of being and old person. The world is going to change a lot as you get older, and things are going to be strange and weird even before you become senile. So you can either learn to accept change now, or you can become a grumpy old man before your 30. That's the way I see it.

• Like 2

So I don't actually know any bronies, or if I do, they're not talking.

Quite frankly, I don't care what people watch in their free time and I would be a huge hypocrite if I did seeing as I started watching yu-gi-oh gx when I was 21 I think, and have also been working my way through all the pokemon. I missed these shows during my childhood, so now I play catchup in between american dad, stargate and the big bang theory.

I'll admit that I find the concept of grown men liking a show about rainbow ponies more than a little odd, but I also think that it is a wonderful thing that a grown man, or even better a teenage male can profess their love of rainbow ponies and not get punched 'until it causes hydrogen fusion'. When I was growing up, a girl could like the same toys, play the same games, and watch the same shows as the boys (itself an improvement over my parents generation), but it sure didn't work the other way.

And I think for those of us here who just think it's really weird/creepy as all get out, consider this your preview of being and old person. The world is going to change a lot as you get older, and things are going to be strange and weird even before you become senile. So you can either learn to accept change now, or you can become a grumpy old man before your 30. That's the way I see it.

This should be posted to every entertainment-related forum.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.