21-Jan-2012 - Desert Tasks

Carl

Had all the tasks, apart from the Dom Tower one and the kill a strykewyrm task, finished in about 2 hours

Then I didn't get to play all week, completed them both earlier.

I just meleed Sunfreet, rapier + bss.

Nice and easy once I noticed he was doing his specs.

• Like 1

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I thought that ice gloves still didn't work when fighting flambeed?

Tried using ice barrage or something- not entirely sure what you can do without the gloves

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Without the gloves your weapon gets unequipped regardless, and with base accuracy its impossible to do anything :P Still, its a pain of a glitch

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Still have to kill Sunfreet. After unlocking all other achievements I was like, "OK hopefully this is nice, fun, and relaxing compared to finding all the journals."

Then I saw that I can't hit over 500 on Sunfreet, rolled my eyes, and logged out :P

Actually I've hit over 500 on sunfreet since EoC changes. Asphyxiate hit over 500 pretty often. I think his damage cap has increased somewhat. But I don't know the real value. I never hit over 2k though.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Without the gloves your weapon gets unequipped regardless, and with base accuracy its impossible to do anything :P Still, its a pain of a glitch

Using range and binding shot, he doesn't move, dies in 5 or so hits.

Still have to kill Sunfreet. After unlocking all other achievements I was like, "OK hopefully this is nice, fun, and relaxing compared to finding all the journals."

Then I saw that I can't hit over 500 on Sunfreet, rolled my eyes, and logged out :P

Actually I've hit over 500 on sunfreet since EoC changes. Asphyxiate hit over 500 pretty often. I think his damage cap has increased somewhat. But I don't know the real value. I never hit over 2k though.

Interesting because using range I didn't see one hit over 500 and I killed him twice.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

The Sunfreet 500 damage thing is specific to ranging as it relates to ruby bolts (pre-eoc) which were the only thing capable of hitting so high.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I tried magics with abs, didn't hit a thing =(.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Completed Dominion Tower some hours ago, did 5 hours to do 280 bosses and all specials, using magic in polypore and ganodermic. Flambeed is best defeated by staying as far as possible from him and using stuns, then you'll need about 5-10 attacks and he's dead. Before I figured this out, I got instaKOed for 5000+ damage.

Only hard thing was getting Pest Queen, took 215 kills before I finally got her as a boss. And it was a tough battle, ended with no food and 157 lp when she died, had a bit of an adrenaline rush then. XD

Sunfreet isn't that hard either, you just have to learn the pattern of the fire. Best is to use magic, in my opninion, no damage cap and no annoying tail flailing towards you. :)

Now that's settled, I can finally start working on my tasks. :D

Using range and binding shot, he doesn't move, dies in 5 or so hits.

Similarly, you can snipe him from close to the entrance, for some reason he won't follow you that far. Just step back when he starts to chase you.

Just went to KQ for the Dreadnip task and tried to just kill her since I was already ready, but couldn't. It *seems* like her protection prayers are 100% now. I began with melee and got through her first form with relative ease, tried to melee the 2nd but couldn't, then spent about 2 minutes after that trying to hit her with Magic abilities then gave up... :mellow:

EDIT

Just got absolutely mopped by Desert Strykewyrms twice lmao. First I went in Bandos with the required FSH/Ancient Staff and tried to just use Magic abilities, then still in Bandos with Blood Barrage + abilities.. both times having to run with low LP. Learned my lesson the third time and had on Gano, but still, that was ridiculous. Even in Gano it took a few minutes to kill.

2dgucz6.png