21-Jan-2012 - Desert Tasks

Carl

Right, so qck was saying that right now there is a glitch with items, like chaotics/degradeables where they do NOT protect under your tomb.

Apparently, if you leave items like chaotics on the floor, they no longer appear under your tomb, like they used to. Instead, they just disappear, leaving you high, dry and (bleep)ed.

So, Beware.

(i could use other people confirming this)

meamzed.png

Beat Sunfreet. Wasn't very difficult when I used Ranged and didn't clumsily walk into fire fields.

Dual-wielded Chaotic Crossbows. Sunfreet has a 500 damage cap but Ranged thresholds hit that rather frequently.

I hit over 500 many times with thresholds. However, I never hit over 2k.. Not really sure if he still has a threshold really...

He is easy if you attack from a distance and know how to dodge fires. If you attack with melee, be prepared to learn how to use resonance to heal off his tail swipe special or take 3k+ each time.

alternatively, just take two steps back as soon as you see him charging up

derp

8f14270694.jpg

Beat Sunfreet. Wasn't very difficult when I used Ranged and didn't clumsily walk into fire fields.

Dual-wielded Chaotic Crossbows. Sunfreet has a 500 damage cap but Ranged thresholds hit that rather frequently.

I hit over 500 many times with thresholds. However, I never hit over 2k.. Not really sure if he still has a threshold really...

He is easy if you attack from a distance and know how to dodge fires. If you attack with melee, be prepared to learn how to use resonance to heal off his tail swipe special or take 3k+ each time.

alternatively, just take two steps back as soon as you see him charging up

I found it easier to range than to worry about his special. But yes you could dodge I suppose.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I found Sunfreet's difficulty to be quite overhyped. All you really need to do is memorise the fire pattern and he's pretty much harmless.

Sunfreet has been easy ever since EoC. It was only hard pre EoC.

The sole challenge now is avoiding fireballs.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Can someone tell me what Sara items they were wearing to get the holy cithara out of the reliquary? I've tried everything that I can think of and I know that I meet the requirements to get it out of there but it is absolutely refusing to work for me. Help?

Can someone tell me what Sara items they were wearing to get the holy cithara out of the reliquary? I've tried everything that I can think of and I know that I meet the requirements to get it out of there but it is absolutely refusing to work for me. Help?

First of all, you need to make sure you have the normal prayer and spell books activated and have full prayer.

In terms of items, I wore the robes and amulet from the quest, holy book and a Sara arrow.

Sylpheed.png

there was also something about 100% run energy?

a list of the items that works is in a reference guide somewhere, although i expect since all the weapons that worked are now two handed, you may find the task a bit more troublesome than usual

8f14270694.jpg

someone was saying nex was made harde... can anyone confirm/disprove this?

Quite a few people on the RSOF seem to think so as well, I personally think something is up, prior to today I was doing 3/4 Minute QBD kills now struggling to do less then 5min kills while the use of food has almost doubled. I kind of wish they'd quit messing about with the game every couple days and leave it alone...

Nex I hear was harder but QBD? IMO it's much easier, getting 3-4 min kills using about 2-3 food max.

Yea, I went back today and I'm just going to have to chalk yesterday up to nothing more then bad luck. Seems a tad easier then prior to the update yesterday but of course, it could all just be in my head.

"And with the first round rapture draft pick, God selects...... Macho Man Randy Savage ohhhh yeaaah brother!"

What is the point of putting another level 75 staff into the game, when we already have the SoL and polypore staff for that tier? Come on now, Jagex. Make it a level 78 staff or something. Or better yet: they could've put an ancient wand into the game.

• Like 1

What is the point of putting another level 75 staff into the game, when we already have the SoL and polypore staff for that tier? Come on now, Jagex. Make it a level 78 staff or something. Or better yet: they could've put an ancient wand into the game.

Given how difficult this task set is (or at least the time investment required), an ancient wand of tier 70 to 75 would have been a completely appropriate reward.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

For the Cith, I used the full set, hood, necklace, top and bottom + holy book and sara arrow. Vambraces or cape could be used as replacement for necklace, if you haven't completed Morytania 3 task set.

And indeed, make sure you're on normal prayer, full prayer points (not more, not less) and full run energy.

Given how difficult this task set is (or at least the time investment required), an ancient wand of tier 70 to 75 would have been a completely appropriate reward.

Yeah, exactly. I'd make it level 75, since we already have Ahrim's wand for level 70.

Ok this Dominion Tower thing is a [bleep].

Thats why some people start doing desert stuff before tasks. Rest going use to or skip them :]

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

How about simply for the sake of diversity for putting in another level 75 staff. Yeah maybe not the best route of doing so, but just run with it...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

How about simply for the sake of diversity for putting in another level 75 staff. Yeah maybe not the best route of doing so, but just run with it...

Adding a wand would increase diversity more than yet another staff.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

you'de have to be very

particular

to go for the new ancient staff

anyway, puns aside, I really wish they would release more (bleeping)wands.. getting ridiculous when t70 wand is 50m and t80 is 200mish... and we've got 5+2h 75 staves no one ever uses

• Like 2
meamzed.png

Sunfreet is a joke. So is dom tower now. I got up to 84 on endurance in <1 hr the other night with 4 nomads, 2 avatars and 2 pest queens. Could easily hit 255 if I didn't have to leave for ports. You could easily get every dom page in a single go with that.

Worst task is stupid desert strykewyrm.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It really really should've just converted the ancient staff into a lv75 wand.

Nope. Rewards are fine, like for such easy set of tasks. Also don't think Jagex want impact so much in price of "elitist" gear like Virtus Wand for example. And Ancient Staff improvement isnt a concern at all as we got loads of better staffs to use.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

Can't believe I just noticed this

The cactus patch in Al Kharid will be protected from disease and always provides double spines

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER