21-Jan-2012 - Desert Tasks

Carl

Nope. Rewards are fine, like for such easy set of tasks. Also don't think Jagex want impact so much in price of "elitist" gear like Virtus Wand for example. And Ancient Staff improvement isnt a concern at all as we got loads of better staffs to use.

I'm surprised that the elitists aren't up in arms about one part of the elite rewards being nearly useless, though. :razz:

• Like 1

I think the Ancient staff would be cool as off-hand staff. Gandalf-style :shades:.

• Like 6

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So I had some time free today and did Dominion tower for about 2 hours. Did not get a single journal page sleep.gif

Still 3/20

How did you do it and how much DF did you get each time?

With 200k+ I usually get 1 page, with 500k+ I get 4+ pages.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So I had some time free today and did Dominion tower for about 2 hours. Did not get a single journal page sleep.gif

Still 3/20

Trudat.

Do climber, get to 200k DF or more should get 1+ page in most chests.

Still takes a few hours maybe, depending on luck of draw in what bosses you get and stuff; but that hard or all that slow to do.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Still 3/20

Trudat.

Still takes a few hours maybe, depending on luck of draw in what bosses you get and stuff; but that hard or all that slow to do.

Or do endurance? One hour got me to floor 84 and 500k DF.... I'd never do climber again. Had to do a bunch of nomads but he is a push over if you have SS.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Still 3/20

Trudat.

Or do endurance? One hour got me to floor 84 and 500k DF.... I'd never do climber again. Had to do a bunch of nomads but he is a push over if you have SS.

Climber racks up DF faster

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Still 3/20

Trudat.

Climber racks up DF faster

It might feel like that, but the extra time spent going through penalties and getting stuck with a bad one and having to restart not getting any pages at all puts it behind. Why take the chance when Endurance is a joke to do? Like I said 500k df in an hour, gave me 4 pages, could easily have kept going for even more df... I don't doubt that you could easily max out 255 floors and get every page in one shot.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

What gear and inv are you using for Dom Tower? I'm using Zamorakian Spear and mostly melee everyone, not sure if it's the right approach.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Karils, Summoning cape, dragonrider boots, barrows gloves, royal cross bow, tok ring, fury. In my inventory I carry verac plate + skirt + cmaul, gano top + bottom + poly staff. One overload, 1 prayer renewal, 2 reg prayer flasks, 4 elemental runes and bloods. Scrolls for titan rest rocktails with 1 space left empty.

I'll post a picture when I get home from work.

Nomad is the only time I overload and prayer renewal, he also takes 1 dose of p pot, pest queen also takes 1 dose of p pot. Only time I need them. Food is for oh shit momments.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It might feel like that, but the extra time spent going through penalties and getting stuck with a bad one and having to restart not getting any pages at all puts it behind. Why take the chance when Endurance is a joke to do? Like I said 500k df in an hour, gave me 4 pages, could easily have kept going for even more df... I don't doubt that you could easily max out 255 floors and get every page in one shot.

There isn't a handicap bad enough to force you to restart.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I disagree, no prayer on nomad would pretty much seal the deal. No prayer is pretty much death for hard bosses.

[spoiler=Large Picture]domiontowersetup.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

For Nomad, I use overload + prayer renewal turn on SS and Anguish, spam basics till thresholds, pop rapid fire on cool down. Don't bother moving for any mechanics I didn't get hit once by them. When he ports you to the middle and freezes use freedom and unload with abilities, you get hit no matter what if you hide. Take a dose of ppot when needed watch health when he does berserk mode. I'd say 8/10 times I can do him without a piece of food, the other 2 I get nervous as he is about to die and pop a piece.

Pest queen is easy, equip melee pieces + maul and go hard, you out damage any healing that can be done, when she charges equip korasi and backhand, back to maul. basically zerg the fight, if you want you can attack the shifters just to get aggro.

Other bosses of note:

Kamil + Mother: Put mage pray on and blast kamil with range, finish off easy fight with mother.

Flambeed + friends: Don't run forward wait for them to come to you and kill the bat man who jumps around first, finish the green guy then use binding shot on flambeed and pwn.

DT brothers: Two options start attacking fareed and run to the right as they get close, or use binding shot, kill him then finish off the other 3 in ease.

Monkey trio: In karils I very rarely got hit, run up to the middle and kill the two you can then start killing demons.

General tip: Use frag shot first on everyone then binding shot if you think they will hurt.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Random freeze + slippery fingers is a pretty bad combination.

Random daze. God that one is beyond stupid.

I remember my first Pest Queen fight involved daze + freeze + slippery fingers. Was hell of a fight :\

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Just pray Mage for indigestion and don't move. Maul everything that walks by.

For eat power ups run around and fill invi with melee prayer on. Take a dose of anti fire before you go.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Random freeze + slippery fingers is a pretty bad combination.

Random daze. God that one is beyond stupid.

I remember my first Pest Queen fight involved daze + freeze + slippery fingers. Was hell of a fight :\ [/innuendo]

*Fixed

OT: The Dominion Tower requirement is probably one of the biggest time investments of any task I can think of from across the diaries. 450 kills + Sunfreet is a pretty tall order.

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

What about morytania's max all characters in the temple trekking minigame? That was pretty large...

TT is a lot more enjoyable and doesn't piss me off as much. That said, I still haven't completed it either.

Agreed. But I was just curious on the time difference.

The dominion tower was a lot more fun when I knew all the bosses and wasn't afraid of the ones I hear are glitched like sigmund.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Still have to kill Sunfreet. After unlocking all other achievements I was like, "OK hopefully this is nice, fun, and relaxing compared to finding all the journals."

Then I saw that I can't hit over 500 on Sunfreet, rolled my eyes, and logged out :P

Also, is Flambeed supposed to hit over 3000 with every attack?

77yLQy8.png