• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

With more planning and communication with players, they could earn more than they do now and that would work in long term. But as their brains think in short time, they make decision for short term! :D

Just because they did it for money does not alter the fact they only did it in response to what the community wanted.

This might shock some but more often than not the goal of making a profit and the process of listening to your consumer go hadn in hand.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

With more planning and communication with players, they could earn more than they do now and that would work in long term. But as their brains think in short time, they make decision for short term! :D

Jagex, hire this man. He has seen the flaws in your plan, but with his support you will become rich beyond your wildest dreams.

Honestly, you make it sound like Jagex hq is smack in the middle of Mordor, and that they are only out to grab power and deliver suffering upon the race of man.

• Like 3

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

If they would listen in most of players few months ago, there would not be such a stupid situation. There were many times in past, when players were begging to don't make one or other update, did they listen? NO, they lost more and more and more active players. That is why im saying they ignore us, and its true!

And if they listened to you months ago we'd have some other guy on here complaining about how they should have listened to him.

• Like 3

There's players who beg them to not do every update, there's players who beg them to remove every update they can't please everyone all of the time and more often than not it is a vocal minority - not the majority.

Take this poll for instance, how many hundreds of thousands have not voted as they are perfectly content with the eoc?

It's not as simple as doing the exact thing that any one person says when you have like 1 mil odd active accounts - even a typical rsof petition with 50 signatures is a drop in the ocean.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just because they did it for money does not alter the fact they only did it in response to what the community wanted.

This might shock some but more often than not the goal of making a profit and the process of listening to your consumer go hadn in hand.

Not quite. Jagex didn't just do this because they thought they could make money in the process of "better serving the community". This movement for the "Good Old Days" started quite some time back, and was quite virulent through the process of the EoC beta. Jagex ignored it, completely, all the way through. It was only when Players decided to organize on their own, outside the bounds of Jagex, establish their own institutions through the RS2006 servers/movement, and Jagex noticed that it was moderately successful in capturing the interest of people -- it was then, and only then, that Jagex decided they could profit from this niche market and so they took action to take-down RS2006 and set up their own server. Jagex has a history of this, they ignore player demands, players in cases where it's feasible decide to do it themselves (for example IRC/Swiftkit, fansites), Jagex takes note, and starts monopolizing on player institutions. Nothing "nice" about it. It's about control and money, simply put.

Nop! Thats why we are living in 21th century. Such a huge update with such a big protests against it ask democratic vote, dosen't it? I know its private business, but still to make all better, you should ask consumers first. If this update was so good, then why we are here asking back old times in first place? There will be always someone against something, its human nature, but for f sake you have to make some statistics to run business. I just checked some elementary statistics and it dosen't lie - consumers didnt want EoC, consumers want old fashion, because it was different from other games. First term in elementary business - client always have truth.

Where in the bloody frozen [bleep] are you getting these stats from pavians?

• Like 4

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

@ pavians,

Nop! Thats why we are living in 21th century. Such a huge update with such a big protests against it ask democratic vote, dosen't it? I know its private business, but still to make all better, you should ask consumers first. If this update was so good, then why we are here asking back old times in first place? There will be always someone against something, its human nature, but for f sake you have to make some statistics to run business. I just checked some elementary statistics and it dosen't lie - consumers didnt want EoC, consumers want old fashion, because it was different from other games. First term in elementary business - client always have truth.

First of all, my comment was not a general one but specifically referring to a post by Sy, in which I stated what I think Jagex's motivations were/are.

Second, I disagree entirely with what you have said. Consumers don't always know the truth, they are infallible and can often be easily manipulated to create false demand. That's essentially what advertising is, and businesses do this routinely.

Thirdly, with regards to the specifics of this context, this does not count as a democratic vote because Jagex, it is clear now, had already decided well in advance that they were going to bring back the 2007 servers, and the whole vote was essentially a farce. Hence their blatant distortion of the votes (telling people who don't want to play 2007 to "do it anyways", or to "do it for your friends), and of course the completely aggressive and petulant tactics of supports of RS2007: spamming people, harassing them, peer pressure, etc etc. Hardly a "democratic" vote. The fact of the matter is, most people are quite fine with EoC.

If this update was so good, then why we are here asking back old times in first place?

Because some people are never happy with what they have. The grass is always greener on the other side, or in this case, the grass was greener in 2007.

Is there any sort of time scale for when it might be released? Would like to say it can't be too long, as all they are doing is running a backed up server... Need a little time for main account integration but that can't take too long.

Don't really care for what other people think about 07scape at this point, it is coming back and I will enjoy it, even if you think eocscape is better. (which is your opinion and you are entitled to it).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Is there any sort of time scale for when it might be released? Would like to say it can't be too long, as all they are doing is running a backed up server... Need a little time for main account integration but that can't take too long.

Don't really care for what other people think about 07scape at this point, it is coming back and I will enjoy it, even if you think eocscape is better. (which is your opinion and you are entitled to it).

They said 1-2 months is the goal.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

@Sir

In elementary places like forum, youtube. Ofc its aprox., but still you have to take it serious. The main statistic is that in past few years a lot of server were closed, because there were not so many players and looks like in future they will have to close up to 30 servers again because there arent so many players now.

@ Yoyo

Well if you ignore consumer want, you are going to lose it, dosen't you? And you are telling me, that the most ppl are fine with EoC, i have to disagree with you. I have to ask - where are ppl now? Why number of player dropped so dramatic since update?

@Batt

I agree with you, always someone will be disappointed. Only whats need to be done, you have to choose between 2 sides, smaller or bigger one? Now we need to think of, which side jagex have chosen if in past few years ~60% of active players are gone? And that is fact.

• Like 1

-snip -

And that is fact.

Where do you get these "Facts"? Number of players online? Maybe Jagex managed to ban a bunch of bots that never came back? I know there is still bots but maybe its less? Obivously some people just out grow games, I don't play the same games I did as a child, aside from RS lol.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It means a lot that Jagex mentioned in their tiers the possibility of updates. Seems like they kind of quit on EoC or something and want to start all over again.

You know, I was going to ask him “what colour is the sky in HIS world”? Then I realized that it’d be black …

:lol:

Honestly, you make it sound like Jagex hq is smack in the middle of Mordor, and that they are only out to grab power and deliver suffering upon the race of man.

Oh sure, but let me ask you this: is Peter Jackson making a trinity of movies about it?? And, if so, would you buy a ticket to see it? :rolleyes: :lol:

• Like 2

nyuseg.png

If this update was so good, then why we are here asking back old times in first place?

Because some people are never happy with what they have. The grass is always greener on the other side, or in this case, the grass was greener in 2007.

Or as Douglas Adams said:

The Shaltanacs are a race from the planet Broop Kidron Thirteen, who had their own version of the Earth phrase, "The other man's grass is always greener." Although, given their planet's horticultural peculiarities, theirs was, "The other Shaltanac's joopleberry shrub is always a more mauve-y shade of pinky russet," and so, the expression fell into disuse, and the Shaltanacs found they had little choice but to become exceptionally happy and content with their lot, which surprised everyone else in the galaxy, who had not realised that the best way not to be unhappy is not to have a word for it.
  • Like 6

nyuseg.png

Well if you ignore consumer want, you are going to lose it, dosen't you? And you are telling me, that the most ppl are fine with EoC, i have to disagree with you. I have to ask - where are ppl now? Why number of player dropped so dramatic since update?

I think I've missed something... where's the evidence that over half the RS population left after EoC?

I think I've missed something... where's the evidence that over half the RS population left after EoC?

I'm starting to wonder if pavians is Tekno.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Oh please no!! Blease don't fuel his flame. The facts he seems to be refrring to are about as spot on as these' guys http://theflatearthsociety.org

purekilljoy.png

@Sir

In elementary places like forum, youtube. Ofc its aprox., but still you have to take it serious. The main statistic is that in past few years a lot of server were closed, because there were not so many players and looks like in future they will have to close up to 30 servers again because there arent so many players now.

with EoC Jagex lost 50% of all players, and from those 50% was 80% normal players and 20% bots.

Angry Aussie had a better idea. I'd like to see whatever youtube links you have that proves your case.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Source?

Now for some even bigger news, thanks to a truly herculean effort and much of which is still on-going I want to pledge to open the Old School Servers to all those who have already voted (or intend to do so in the next week before the poll closes) on Friday night! (likely quite late ?)

This mad right here

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER