• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

If anyone can make a calculated estimae on the final tally, post it and your calculations ere plz smile.gif

[spoiler=Math]

Because jagex will rig it because they want this as bad as they want Nex gear to last forever. 1k over so it seems all dramatic and exciting.

• Like 4

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

For those asking for projections, I've calculated with current speeds, averages of daily gain, average of daily percent loss, that the end result will be 407,000 votes. I take it Jagex also saw this, and decided to drop the tier down, basically 750k+ is now only good for F2P.

JHayG72.png

For those asking for projections, I've calculated with current speeds, averages of daily gain, average of daily percent loss, that the end result will be 407,000 votes. I take it Jagex also saw this, and decided to drop the tier down, basically 750k+ is now only good for F2P.

AdL6iwQ.png

• Like 2

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

F2P is dying a rather slow death anyways, the numbers are disastrous. It used to be the case that there were usually more F2P'ers than P2P'ers by a healthy margin of 9-1, but now there are more P2P'ers. That's horrific for a game that prides itself as being the largest free online game in the world.

• Like 1

-snip-

People asked, and I answered with the best of my knowledge, if you have an issue with it then keep it to yourself. Thanks.

F2P is dying a rather slow death anyways, the numbers are disastrous. It used to be the case that there were usually more F2P'ers than P2P'ers by a healthy margin of 9-1, but now there are more P2P'ers. That's horrific for a game that prides itself as being the largest free online game in the world.

The reason is because they basically removed F2P. When you make an account, you get 14 free days of membership. If you recruit someone you get 3 days of membership if they play for more then 48 hours, and if they buy a month of membership, you get a month of membership. Plus, if you recruit yourself (which a lot of people do) you can play this game for 2 bucks a month, and have 2 accounts member, because how flawed their refer system is.

JHayG72.png

Wonder if there's another reason behind all this? Something like Jagex staff wants to have 07scape, however it must justify such a venture with its stock holders that could care less about giving customers items for free. So, Jagex rigs a poll heavily weighted to bring a large amount of yes votes to convince the stock holders that releasing a 6 year old version of the game is a viable method of keeping customers.

I don’t think this has much to do with the input from stockholders at this point. More than anything, this is Jagex’s way of placating a certain vocal minority.

We have been done to death, time and again, listening to people spout on about “the golden age of Runescape”. Well – here’s their opportunity to relive it, once and for all – and I say, “good on them”. Let them have what they want. In fact, I may even vote in favour of it, just to see them through to it.

As I see it -- the more votes they get the more likely Jagex can offer this service for free – much the same way they did with RSC – and, as was done with RSC, they can re-launch the older version of the game and let the vocal minority wreak havoc on it for a while, until such time as said vocal minority comes to the realization that the old game isn’t all that they remember it to be, stop playing it, and move on – either to EOCscape or away from the game altogether.

Logic dictates that in doing so, Jagex can get one monkey off their back and, in the meantime, lure back some long-time former players who yearn to re-live the golden-age. As far as Jagex is concerned, hopefully, eventually, those that finally realize there never was a golden age to begin with will return to the current game which, by that time will have the new HTML format and all other the bells and whistles that go along with it.

It’s really rather clever.

To be honest, this ploy is not unlike something I do, as a parent, when dealing with my children. Sometimes, after all their nagging, and listening to all their nonsense about how they know better than I do, I simply let them do whatever it was they wanted to do, and then bide my time and wait for them to come around and express their disappointment about that which I already knew they weren’t going to enjoy. Sometimes, it’s so easy, I don’t even bother saying, “I told ya so”.

• Like 1

nyuseg.png

If anyone can make a calculated estimae on the final tally, post it and your calculations ere plz smile.gif

[spoiler=Math]

Because jagex will rig it because they want this as bad as they want Nex gear to last forever. 1k over so it seems all dramatic and exciting.

-snip-

People asked, and I answered with the best of my knowledge, if you have an issue with it then keep it to yourself. Thanks.

See the bold part. If you look up I even include my math!

• Like 1

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

There is a couple issues and margin of error. First, and the major one, it's rigged, and I have no idea why. When the website when down last night for an hour, it came back with 2k more votes, yet no one could vote because the website was down? So this basically means Jagex is milk feeding us to the finish line, no idea why, but it's around 25-35 votes a minute. You also can't judge in math on peoples opinion, there is no way to calculate, how many people will change their mind about becoming member again just to vote today, or current members will change their mind and finally vote, it's impossible.

There for, my number is simply a ballpark number, and will probably end up being off, and I accept that, but you guys should also understand why, so I figured I'd post this. My main point is, you can't calculate this number, you can only get in the general area of current progress.

JHayG72.png

The reason is because they basically removed F2P. When you make an account, you get 14 free days of membership. If you recruit someone you get 3 days of membership if they play for more then 48 hours, and if they buy a month of membership, you get a month of membership. Plus, if you recruit yourself (which a lot of people do) you can play this game for 2 bucks a month, and have 2 accounts member, because how flawed their refer system is.

How does one pay $2 a month for membership? Do tell?

There is a couple issues and margin of error. First, and the major one, it's rigged, and I have no idea why. When the website when down last night for an hour, it came back with 2k more votes, yet no one could vote because the website was down? So this basically means Jagex is milk feeding us to the finish line, no idea why, but it's around 25-35 votes a minute. You also can't judge in math on peoples opinion, there is no way to calculate, how many people will change their mind about becoming member again just to vote today, or current members will change their mind and finally vote, it's impossible.

There for, my number is simply a ballpark number, and will probably end up being off, and I accept that, but you guys should also understand why, so I figured I'd post this. My main point is, you can't calculate this number, you can only get in the general area of current progress.

I was joking, and in regard to the photo "Seems Legit" this thread as been filled with people spewing random "stats" of how this thing is going to go, it was a joke.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I was joking, and in regard to the photo "Seems Legit" this thread as been filled with people spewing random "stats" of how this thing is going to go, it was a joke.

Oh alright, hah.

Not sure if this is against the rules to post here, but I can't see why not, because it's been reported to Jagex many times and they haven't fixed it, so they clearly don't mind for whatever reason. Anyway, all you do is on your main, recruit a fresh email of yours, signup off the recruit email, login to game (only to create your character, this is important), then log off and wait a day. Once you have waited a day of trial membership off of the recruitment, you will be offered a 75% discount, making the membership cost 1.98 USD, on your recruited account. Buy that, and your main will also get free membership, for recruiting 'someone' that bought membership. Hope that all makes sense. :)

Edit: Here is the message you will see after a day:

6tXJVJx.png

JHayG72.png

If anyone can make a calculated estimae on the final tally, post it and your calculations ere plz :)

Let's say we average 15 votes per minute over the next 10 days:

15*60 = 900

900*24 = 21600

21600*10 = 216,000.

216,000 + 200,000(current votes) = 416,000. So yeah. That's how I see it. Could be much less however.

Noctturne.png

Oh alright, hah.

Not sure if this is against the rules to post here, but I can't see why not, because it's been reported to Jagex many times and they haven't fixed it, so they clearly don't mind for whatever reason. Anyway, all you do is on your main, recruit a fresh email of yours, signup off the recruit email, login to game (only to create your character, this is important), then log off and wait a day. Once you have waited a day of trial membership off of the recruitment, you will be offered a 75% discount, making the membership cost 1.98 USD, on your recruited account. Buy that, and your main will also get free membership, for recruiting 'someone' that bought membership. Hope that all makes sense. :)

Edit: Here is the message you will see after a day:

You don't have to recruit or anything.

Can't you just make an account and while your still on your trial, you upgrade for 75% off.

Noctturne.png

Your estimation of how many members there are in RuneScape changes faster than the tide. I think that's the sixth time this thread you've altered your estimation by a very significant margin. Anyone would think you don't really have any idea.

• Like 3

Can't you just make an account and while your still on your trial, you upgrade for 75% off.

Yes, the reason why you recruit is so your main gets membership too, off of the recruitment, if you didn't, every month you would have to start over lol.

Edit: But to clarify, no, everyone who ever signs up, gets this offer, the reason why we recruit is so the main account gets member too.

JHayG72.png

Your estimation of how many members there are in RuneScape changes faster than the tide. I think that's the sixth time this thread you've altered your estimation by a very significant margin. Anyone would think you don't really have any idea.

No, it's just that random. Two days ago even I calculated around 250k end result. The reason why is because what I explained above. There is to many margins of error, that makes it impossible to calculate to a solid answer, it's almost like guessing because of how many factors there are.

Edit: Sorry for double post, thought they would merge like most websites.

JHayG72.png

No, it's just that random. Two days ago even I calculated around 250k end result. The reason why is because what I explained above. There is to many margins of error, that makes it impossible to calculate to a solid answer, it's almost like guessing because of how many factors there are.

You've never "calculated" anything, you spew random numbers. Even the other people who are more credible in this thread aren't "calculating" things they are graphing a trend line which estimates the end results. The problem is we have a finite pool of people to vote, we don't know the percentage that will want to vote, and we have no idea how many "votes" jagex is feeding into the system. But we know they are.

• Like 2

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Yes, the reason why you recruit is so your main gets membership too, off of the recruitment, if you didn't, every month you would have to start over lol.

Edit: But to clarify, no, everyone who ever signs up, gets this offer, the reason why we recruit is so the main account gets member too.

And how much accounts can we recruit?

Noctturne.png

You've never "calculated" anything, you spew random numbers. Even the other people who are more credible in this thread aren't "calculating" things they are graphing a trend line which estimates the end results. The problem is we have a finite pool of people to vote, we don't know the percentage that will want to vote, and we have no idea how many "votes" jagex is feeding into the system. But we know they are.

Sigh. Yah cause obviously private servers are not popular enough so Jagex has to feed us votes. Apparently there are not enough supporters so Jagex has to feed votes. Sigh.

Noctturne.png

Sigh. Yah cause obviously private servers are not popular enough so Jagex has to feed us votes. Apparently there are not enough supporters so Jagex has to feed votes. Sigh.

Your naive to think that putting a button on the home page skyrocketed the votes like that.

My guess is someone from Jagex came in after the weekend and was reading forums and went "Oh shit, if we don't hit the $5 mark no one will support this shit, time to promote the hell out of it and add in a few votes a minute."

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

If anyone can make a calculated estimae on the final tally, post it and your calculations ere plz :)

Let's say we average 15 votes per minute over the next 10 days:

15*60 = 900

900*24 = 21600

21600*10 = 216,000.

216,000 + 200,000(current votes) = 416,000. So yeah. That's how I see it. Could be much less however.

Hey he provided a caveat this time -- "Could be much less however."

:rolleyes: :lol:

• Like 3

nyuseg.png

I really think this thread is overestimating the effects this update will have on the game. 07Scape most likely won't be too popular after a few months, and the normal game isn't going to collapse as a result of the attention being given to 07Scape.

With that said, I'm not sure why everybody's getting so emotional over this. >_>

77yLQy8.png