• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

damn, this thread needs more popcorn and tans's grumpy cat meme (comas anyone?)

I personally am against 2007scape, but i dont have anything against people who want it. However I cant stand people who would like to ram their opinions down our throats, and would like to force is to do things we don't want to. We've got enough of that Irl. And yes, I can't stand jagex.... free trade "vote" anyone?

meamzed.png

Why do you release a vote to gauge interest on a proposed update, and then effectively rig it so the final numbers no longer represent what your typical customer wants? It is moves like that which undermine the trust people used to have in Jagex about their altruism and how much they valued the fans of their flagship game.

This farce has taken a resemblance akin to one of Randox's signatures.

• Like 3

Why do you release a vote to gauge interest on a proposed update, and then effectively rig it so the final numbers no longer represent what your typical customer wants? It is moves like that which undermine the trust people used to have in Jagex about their altruism and how much they valued the fans of their flagship game.

This farce has taken a resemblance akin to one of Randox's signatures.

Lolwut now Jagex is rigging votes?

Noctturne.png

"Rigging" was perhaps too strong a word. Perhaps "having their preferred option shoved down our throats" would be more accurate. Apologies.

Whats the problem here? You still have your EOCscape?

Simply, your behavior!

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Congratulations! Old School Servers will be back ASAP!

Since Friday we have seen over 160,000 votes and growing in support of bringing back Old School RuneScape servers.

Congratulations! The team is already hard at work restoring this service for you and we hope to be able to let you know when they will be up and running ASAP.

However voting appears to be slowing so it’s very much up to you and your friends to determine the ultimate level of investment for this service as well as any potential membership fee.

Members votes decide the ultimate destiny of Old School RuneScape. Remember: everyone who votes will get their first month of old school RuneScape for free, regardless of the poll outcome. So, register your vote and encourage all your friends to do the same!

We will be hosting a forum chat on Wednesday at 8pm GMT. This is will be your opportunity to ask the team anything and everything you could want to know about the plan for the return of OId School Servers.

In preparation for this live discussion, we will be opening up a specific thread tomorrow for you to post questions to the team. This will help us to get the best members of the team to answer your questions.

Again congratulations on the return of Old School Servers, and if you haven’t voted go to the poll page here.

The RuneScape Team

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

"Rigging" was perhaps too strong a word. Perhaps "having their preferred option shoved down our throats" would be more accurate. Apologies.

What about the people who can't be bothered to vote due to it not affecting them? The voting system this way allows for those who are interested to vote and those who aren't, don't have to do anything.

Robbstarkded.png

If you didn't see any argument like that, then you either didn't read the thread or you need some glasses, almost very bloody page there's someone spewing that argument and it just get's tiring specially since every time somone suggests it, more than one person shuts it down only to come back.

Indeed as has been said a million times before:

The vote is to gauge number interested in playing and thus financial viability and price level needed

Votes with non intention to play artificially inflate this figure.

If its artificially inflated pricing may end up cheaper, but this won't necessarily be good as there will be far less players than the price was designed to work for.

Also stop trying to guilt people into voting who do not wish to, it's kinda lame and childish. I mean not once have any of us who not voted tried to guilt you people into not voting; we've simply said we aren't voting and why.

You keep saying this and yet it is by Mod MMG's words wrong. In the 3rd post of [qfc]14-15-300-64238124[/qfc] Mod MMG wrote "Consider this, the more members that vote the cheaper it would ultimately be for everyone and hopefully reach the point where it doesn’t cost you a penny more and could simply be offered as part of your existing membership - Even if you don't intend to use it I think that's a nice thing to do for your friends." This means that Jagex is encouraging people to vote who do not intend to play on the servers. While I believe you have the right to vote or not vote, your reasoning that it would artificially inflate the numbers is false.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Then what's the point in asking for a vote at all?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you didn't see any argument like that, then you either didn't read the thread or you need some glasses, almost very bloody page there's someone spewing that argument and it just get's tiring specially since every time somone suggests it, more than one person shuts it down only to come back.

The vote is to gauge number interested in playing and thus financial viability and price level needed

If its artificially inflated pricing may end up cheaper, but this won't necessarily be good as there will be far less players than the price was designed to work for.

Also stop trying to guilt people into voting who do not wish to, it's kinda lame and childish. I mean not once have any of us who not voted tried to guilt you people into not voting; we've simply said we aren't voting and why.

You keep saying this and yet it is by Mod MMG's words wrong. In the 3rd post of [qfc]14-15-300-64238124[/qfc] Mod MMG wrote "Consider this, the more members that vote the cheaper it would ultimately be for everyone and hopefully reach the point where it doesn’t cost you a penny more and could simply be offered as part of your existing membership - Even if you don't intend to use it I think that's a nice thing to do for your friends." This means that Jagex is encouraging people to vote who do not intend to play on the servers. While I believe you have the right to vote or not vote, your reasoning that it would artificially inflate the numbers is false.

Jagex want more people to vote because they realised that nobody is going to play if the votes don't get to 250k. The point is, if you don't want to play the servers then voting will only increase the amount of false votes on the poll (which at the moment seems to be very high, considering the amount of people claiming they have done multiple $2 votes).

Jagex want more people to vote because they realised that nobody is going to play if the votes don't get to 250k. The point is, if you don't want to play the servers then voting will only increase the amount of false votes on the poll (which at the moment seems to be very high, considering the amount of people claiming they have done multiple $2 votes).

Since voting even if you don't want to personally play on the servers is what Jagex expects and encourages then they aren't false votes, they're just votes.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I refuse to vote for this.

I'm not concerned with Jagex's business handling of 2007scape (whether it's profitable or not, whether it takes away resources from current RS, etc.) but I don't want to see the community more fractured than it already is. Sure, supporters of 2007scape will say that a good chunk of the players that will play currently do NOT play RS, but the fact remains that a few who still play RS today will gravitate over to it. This reduces the active player base of the current RS somewhat. Plus it only encourages other small factions of the player base who will croon for other odd stuff (why not 2001scape?!) because the 2006/private server players got their wish. It sets a terrible precedent.

I won't vote for it, and will not pay extra to play it. If it eventually becomes free for current members I'll probably drop by on occasion, but I won't invest significant time in it.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

I've voted yes. I can't wait.

though I would fancy some of those pathfinding chances and usability changes that have been added. Leave the core gameplay the same.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

but I think it will be less prevalent than the main game, and hopefully almost non-existent for a while.

I think it'll be the complete opposite. Botting will be epidemic in 2007 servers as people too impatient in the race to the top cheat their way up either by botting directly on their characters or real world trading gold. It wouldn't surprise me one iota if the first whip to be claimed was done so by a botter/goldfarmer and sold for irl money.

Yeah that's sounding like a likely scenario, unfortunately :(

The majority of bots are gold farmers, 2007scape presents a totally new market to exploit; why wouldn't they want a piece of that pie?

Well what I was thinking, these gold farmers must have a maximum amount of bots at once right? For simplicity, lets say one gold farming company can only support 100 bots max. When 07scape comes out, they'll still only be able to support 100 bots, so what do they do?

They can keep all their bots in RS and be able to get lots of resource with lots of willing buyers (I'd assume) or they can send some to 07scape, where there currently will be no economy and there will be less players.

I would assume they would treat it like a new business venture and sink some money into new hardware to support new bots for 07scape. If it doesn't work out, they can use that hardware for whatever they are already using. If it does, the hardware pays for itself.

Yeah that's quite possible. I was just thinking though wouldn't these people already have as much hardware as they can fit in their space? If having more bots and more hardware equals more money, then surely they would have maximized this already?

But I'm sure there's many businesses which are still growing and will able to make this feasible.

Continuing on from my last post, but slightly tangentially: I think, even now, a lot of people aren't fully grasping what the 0 game status will mean. Of course they've made comment about whips and getting the stats to pk but very few seem to of even considered the factor of all the other supplies the average pker would just buy in.

I mean literal ground 0 game you are not going to be able to buy anything and even if you make goods you aren't gonna be able to directly sell them because theres gonna be very little gp about. People are going to be scrambling to get together bronze armour and some shrimp before they can even consider moving far beyond Lumbridge; and then they have the long road to scrap their way up to rune and lobsters to go and hopefully horde in some bones to train prayer so that you can survive the barrows to try and get some good gear. But lets not forget before you can even train prayer that well you will need to face hours upon hours of the ectofunctus or show how scrap together supplies to face the money sink that is construction. (After all construction was a big money sink when it was released even if inflation has lessened it; in a ground 0 world construction supplies are going to be like life savings for even a few measly things).

All told this is why 07scape is kinda doomed in my opinion - at best it'll be botted to kingdom come and people will be able to get by via rwters; at worst it's going to burn out faster than a half used match as people realise they do not want to do all this training, especially in a world where it is made like 10 times harder because there is no initial supplies or gold to be had.

Sure a miracle could happen, but some how I doubt a community predominantly formed of at best people who not really thought it through at worst whiny, quit at the drop of a hat, blinded by nostalgic delusions types its going to manage to sustain itself.

First of all, I am fully aware of what the 0 game status will mean. It is the main reason that I'm back and excited to play. You seem to be talking about pkers, which is fair enough.

But this 0 game is also the reason that will make it hard for bots to make money as well. If people struggle to make money, so will bots at first. Sure, there could be a huge amount from the start, off chopping trees to get yews and fishing for sharks and stuff etc, but there is no market for them to sell this stuff for money at first. So they'll either keep getting resources and wait for that time, or they could sell the items for real money, but the only people willing to buy these items are those who would be using the items, and I see 2 main groups of RWTers, those Pkers who want to get ready for pvp as soon as possible, and those who want to try and race to be the best. So those who are racing to be the best may very well use real money to buy resources such as logs and raw fish, but what will a Pker do with 1000s of yew logs? (Yeah, they might buy fish for pking).

But this moves me to the next point, again this 0 game means that no one has done any of the quests to get to the content they want, which will require skills to level and other requirements etc, and even if they were able to buy money or items for real money, they STILL have to go through the quests and other content like everyone else.

Which is why I believe at first, there will be very little to no RWT because like you said, it is a 0 game, there is nothing for the RWTers to buy!

Looking back on what I said about bots, yes you guys are probably right and they will likely be prevalent, but unable to cause too much impact early on.

And for people like me who want to play for this 0 game, the idea of having low level items like iron armour, in high demand by the whole community will be an awesome experience, we will actually be able to go through the stages of all (almost) levels of items being in high demand. So you make this out to be a problem, well maybe for some people who just want to PvP straight away, yes maybe, but there are other people who want to experience this 0 game for the 0 game!

I almost want to vote now so I can nostalge for a month for free, but at the same time, I don't want to screw Jagex when I don't pay $15 extra to play the game.

As it is now, the more people who vote to try and get it through the 250k goal the better for everyone, it seems to be fairly accepted on both sides that the 50k option will not be a sustainable business plan. The fact that the CEO actually wrote that it would be a nice thing to do for your friends, even if you don't intend on playing, shows that you wouldn't be screwing them over, and the higher goals it reaches, the more money they get, and the better it is for everyone. Like a point I made earlier, if all of the people who have voted right now (170k), were to just pay an extra $5, as opposed to only 50k paying an extra $15, Jagex will come out on top.

Also those people willing to play just for the free month, but don't intend on playing after are still doing a favour to the game, as the more people who start playing, the bigger noise it will make around the internet, and the more likely more people will come and join.

Not to mention that they should have mentioned the free month in the original post, as I'm sure there's others who wouldn't have read the FAQ and were not willing to pay money just for a vote (but would be willing to pay to play 07 when it comes). I was like that until I found out about the free month.

Anyway, not in reply to anyone but my own thoughts: I think we will end up seeing a final vote tally around the 250k mark. I'm guessing there are lots of people who still just haven't got around to voting yet (hence the huge increase in votes since it became a bit more obvious), as well as votes to slightly increase over the weekend, and again in the final 2 days. People who are returning, who haven't played in at least a couple of years will be slower to vote, as they'll hear about it later, and when they realise they have 2 weeks to vote, they wont all rush to sign up for members and vote, and some will need to find out that the first month is free so they don't withhold from "paying just to vote".

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

As it is now, the more people who vote to try and get it through the 250k goal the better for everyone, it seems to be fairly accepted on both sides that the 50k option will not be a sustainable business plan. The fact that the CEO actually wrote that it would be a nice thing to do for your friends, even if you don't intend on playing, shows that you wouldn't be screwing them over, and the higher goals it reaches, the more money they get, and the better it is for everyone. Like a point I made earlier, if all of the people who have voted right now (170k), were to just pay an extra $5, as opposed to only 50k paying an extra $15, Jagex will come out on top.

There's both pros and cons in voting without any intent to pay and play.

Say 250k players vote and only 150k are interested in playing. $750k Extra for jagex.

Then there's 150k legit players vote and no fake ones, all paying. Extra $2'250k for jagex.

Now I know that people could only be willing to pay if it reached 250k votes. It's just a scenario, but you can't rule it out.

Does anyone know why there was a sudden spike of votes just now?

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

There's an actual ingame screen now (like there were for sizzling summer etc) with an option to vote. I wonder if that just sends you to the page or actually votes...

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case (automatic votes from the ingame screen, that is). At least Jagex' stance on this is pretty clear – to get as many votes as possible.

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

Then what's the point in asking for a vote at all?

I actually thought about this for a bit and i believe the reason they did a vote is just so they can earn extra money from all the people making new accounts just to vote. I mean when players like So Wreck3d are urging their young fan base to go and tell there mommy and daddy to buy them more membership to vote you can tell the plan worked out.

But unfortunately they still didn't get enough votes and most good estimates put them around 200k votes at the end. Asking players to pay $15 on top of the $8 they already have to pay is too much, they know they won't get enough players willing to pay this much compared to how many they can get with just a $5 fee. So now they're trying to rig the votes and get to at least 250k+ votes to maximize their profit from the 07scape server.

Maybe i'm being a bit too cynical of Jagex, but it makes complete sense. I mean, why else spam the hell out of your player base for something that was meant to just gauge interest.

Oh well now on top of getting spammed daily on youtube with people telling me to vote for the server, i get to enjoy being spammed on the runescape lobby and runescape homepage. Lovely.