• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

To add on my statement though, I have also thought over the last few days, maybe it's much more then that. Maybe, they set it up to fail, just to get people back playing the normal RS in the mean time, in attempt to get them hooked. Like me for instance, and 2 of my friends, we quit on release of EoC, but gave it fair chance. However, that feeling of having a childhood game back, and doing nothing but waiting for the 07 servers, I got back on the current servers, to waste time, and get back into the style of it. I must admit, my friends, and I, have got back into it, and hooked even on current servers, though we still all refuse to do combat, so we have just been skilling.

But either way, I still stick to my opinion on this being preplanned, I am still undecided on why though.

That's what I said in the begnning of this topic and I thoroughly agree with myself and you. :D It had to be preplanned and they pretty much had it ready for launch before they started the vote, I am sure of it. Seeing as how desperate they are for votes, I think the reasoning is to reel people back into EOC, because I am sure you are not the only person who has been reeled back in. Surely they have nothing else to gain by 'encouraging' people to vote, because they know that these people who vote for their friends won't actually be playing.

Probably an attempt to deal with the issue of private servers. Can take them down one by one (was it 07scape that recently was taken on by jagex?) or hope to capture the market by reintroducing their own, 'official' version.

Obvs a conspiracy theory though, carry on

It's not a conspiarcy theory since it's probably true, most likely the reasoning to bring back 2007scape is a combination of private server issues and trying to reel people back into the main game.

purekilljoy.png

considering the recent developments, i am now fairly sure the final total will read over 250k regardless of how many votes are actually received...

• Like 1

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

considering the recent developments, i am now fairly sure the final total will read over 250k regardless of how many votes are actually received...

You mean like when we had the 200 billion accounts made thing, and the counter went up even when rs was down?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

You mean like when we had the 200 billion accounts made thing, and the counter went up even when rs was down?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember that people were still able to make accounts during in-game downtime.

22031_s.gif

Oh that was great. Account creation was down and servers crashed, total counter still increased at a varying rate.

Those people who are claiming that Jagex had already made up their mind and this was more or less a farce are completely correct. As with other polls, they had already decided the outcome in advance, and constructed the poll merely to give an illusion in choice (which we obviously don't have in the affairs of the game). Why else would Mod Mark (or whichever moderator it was) claim that you should vote for the poll even if you don't intend to play, just for your friends, or that if you do so, you'll get a free month? What kind of brain-dead imbecile does that? If the true aim of the poll is to gauge true interest in the game, why would you want to distort the figure, and have it turn out that 400K people voted but only 40K are interested? Unless of course the point of the poll was not to measure true interest, and money was either plentiful or the costs were ignored.

• Like 3

Well all in all, Jagex's latest stunt just shows what I posted on this topic in the very beggining - The decision about bringing 2007Scape back has been made´way before the poll. The poll was given to us just to give us an illusion of choice. The game is rigged people (commence scary cosnpiracy theorist' music) and nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care (Quote from George Carlin btw)

In either case, I don't really care, I am just pissed that they weren't upfront about it. They could've just said, "Hey, we're brining 2007scape back, pay extra 5$ or gtfo", instead of spouting all that BS about "gauging player interest."

Lol, the community has been screaming "Bring back the Old School Days" for a long time. They don't need to gauge anything.

How many people screamed that? I didn't.

185,472 people, apparently. :P

That's what I was getting at. Clearly it was worth gauging interest because assuming the majority of people wannted rs07 back would have been wrong.

For some reason, I find this very possible.

So what's the current projection for the final tally then?

Misplacedme's stuff doesn't show up for me for some reason...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

misplacedme's doesnt actually show a projection, the graph lower scale just runs to the final time leaving blank space. (assuming it's not broken on my end)

I'd be interested to see a projection added though; maybe possible to add a line that plots current data and then continues using the assumption the average difference between the last 3-5 vote per minute rates will continue?

Eg if last 3 scraps had 14 vpm, 13 vpm and 12 vpm it'd obviously be an average of -1vpm per scrap so the projected line would assume vpm would continue to decrease by 1 at each later scrap and use that to plot a projection line?

I used vpm there but given the extra load it'd take to plot may be better to run from the vph figures.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No, I mean there's nothing showing up at all, just stays white...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I wasn't commenting on that part, I more was commenting on the fact you seemed to be wanting a projection from looking at it, something which it as of yet does not actually provide.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Whoa, hold on. Did they remove the benefits for 750k+ votes and transfer them to the 500k+ threshold?

Nope it just in tiny text under the table.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Whoa, hold on. Did they remove the benefits for 750k+ votes and transfer them to the 500k+ threshold?

The table states that 500k+ votes will give 2007scape the anti-bot and anti-goldfarming technology, as well as regular content polls. I thought those were initially pegged at the 750k mark?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The table states that 500k+ votes will give 2007scape the anti-bot and anti-goldfarming technology, as well as regular content polls. I thought those were initially pegged at the 750k mark?

I thought the only thing 750k did was make f2p f2p. I could be mistaken though.

EDIT: The content polls were orginally 750k+

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

From the initial newspost, we have

Level 3 - 500,000 or more votes:

2007 servers will come back as a separate entity to the main RuneScape game, with a dedicated development team, with no extra membership fee. These servers will receive regular maintenance, some content updates and integration of anti-bot technology if necessary.

Level 4 - 750,000 or more votes:

2007 Servers will come back as a separate entity to the main RuneScape game, with a larger dedicated development team with no extra membership fee and the free portion of the game available to all. These servers will receive continuous maintenance, modern anti-bot technology if necessary and - crucially - regular members' polls to determine which updates you want to see prioritised.

So it looks like everything from level 4 (except F2P access :razz:) got moved down to level 3.

Hoping it doesn't break 500k now, don't see the point in content updates.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Wow they really are desperate if they dragged down some promised stuff to lower level.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

From the initial newspost, we have

Level 3 - 500,000 or more votes:

2007 servers will come back as a separate entity to the main RuneScape game, with a dedicated development team, with no extra membership fee. These servers will receive regular maintenance, some content updates and integration of anti-bot technology if necessary.

Level 4 - 750,000 or more votes:

2007 Servers will come back as a separate entity to the main RuneScape game, with a larger dedicated development team with no extra membership fee and the free portion of the game available to all. These servers will receive continuous maintenance, modern anti-bot technology if necessary and - crucially - regular members' polls to determine which updates you want to see prioritised.

So it looks like everything from level 4 (except F2P access :razz:) got moved down to level 3.

Hoping it doesn't break 500k now, don't see the point in content updates.

Agreed, I was admittedly hoping it would reach the 250k mark, that would at least make it sustainable.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Goalposts moved. lol. Still not voting.

• Like 6

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If anyone can make a calculated estimae on the final tally, post it and your calculations ere plz :)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!