• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Because Jagex doesn't want to build around something that looks stale and is seveerly outdated. If they did then they wouldn't have made any updates to begin with.

Can you honestly say that you prefer the sd graphics from 2007 compared to the current ones, or if you prefer the ones we had after the major graphics update that came a bit after Summoning was released?

Because Jagex doesn't want to build around something that looks stale and is seveerly outdated. If they did then they wouldn't have made any updates to begin with.

Can you honestly say that you prefer the sd graphics from 2007 compared to the current ones, or if you prefer the ones we had after the major graphics update that came a bit after Summoning was released?

I honestly can say that, because Runescape was never supposed to look like a WoW. Look a few graphical updates here or there, no one has a problem with them. I think the graphics until 2009-210 looked really good. But right now they look out place. -My opinion-

Noctturne.png

I honestly can say that, because Runescape was never supposed to look like a WoW. Look a few graphical updates here or there, no one has a problem with them. I think the graphics until 2009-210 looked really good. But right now they look out place. -My opinion-

So, in other words, what wants isn't rs2007 at all.

nyuseg.png

Isn't the whole point of the project to be a snapshot in time, rather than a divergence from the main game? In which case why do you think updating it is a good idea? And what happens when the community is split over an update? Are you going to expect another divergence? Or what? Wouldn't potential updates reduce the popularity of the servers?

I don't mean to come across as rude, but the point of the project seems to be playing Runescape as it was in 2007, rather than play Runescape if it had been updated differently?

• Like 1

I actually prefer this

25i0a.PNG

over this

25i0X.PNG

• Like 1

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yeah I can't say I agree with Jagex wanting to give 2007 servers updates. It defeats the point of making a 2007 server entirely if they are going to add more stuff from later on to it.

• Like 1

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

As someone who is extremely excited for old servers, I hope Jagex does not add any new updates, including GWD, GE, and Summoning. 07 is a great point in time, Barrows and Whips were on top, no overpowered specials - etc. I imagine Jagex would be extremely wary of adding any changes because of the outlash by the community. This isn't a new game meant to be progressed with only the good updates, it's for us to go back to the game we loved and know it won't change. If we want to play a changing game we'd play something else.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

As someone who is extremely excited for old servers, I hope Jagex does not add any new updates, including GWD, GE, and Summoning. 07 is a great point in time, Barrows and Whips were on top, no overpowered specials - etc. I imagine Jagex would be extremely wary of adding any changes because of the outlash by the community. This isn't a new game meant to be progressed with only the good updates, it's for us to go back to the game we loved and know it won't change. If we want to play a changing game we'd play something else.

Like Main RS :P

Anywho, after Sylpheed's 2007 article on the Times, expect more next sunday, including a rundown of what's going to be available and what not, and how this might impact you...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Any sort of updates post anti-bot software would completely defy the point of making these servers. In truth I don't think honestly old servers should even get improved anti-bot software, to be in keeping with the nostalgia bubble of august 07, but with how advanced bots are now it would be required to make these legacy servers even playable.

In short nothing else past 10th august 07 shouldn't even be considered as a possibility of an update.

The community will be fractured enough without fracturing this new community into say pre & post GWD or GE.

• Like 1

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I just don't understand why people can't be happy with what we're getting. Thousands and thousands of people complained about all they wanted was 06/07 Runescape, now that we're getting that, all of a sudden, it's not good enough. I didn't even stick around to beg for 06, because honestly I thought it would never happen, I left Runescape silently, and when I heard about this update, I was pretty stoked, and still am.

Asking any game company to release a 5 year old version of their game, claiming the new one sucks, is by far asking so much already, be thankful. Jagex was nice enough to even consider the idea to start with. Try going to Blizzard and asking them to do the same with WoW, they would spit in your face. My actual point here, is know what you really want before you speak, because you end up looking like a fool later.

This is a general statement, and is not directed toward anyone directly.

• Like 1
JHayG72.png

Yes.

Yes, I do like the graphics from 07. Not just 07, anything from before the "high detail" update. I liked it. It was simplistic, and it complimented the rest of the game well. Now, I feel everything looks like plastic.

Likewise, I like the old sound effects and music.So much that I even went out of my way to convert every single midi from the game before they changed to a non-midi format to midi-sounding mp3s.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/316331-old-old-midi-music-as-mp3/

Why? Because I like how the old music sounded, more than how I like the new music's sound.

(for the most part the midi-mp3s will sound just like they would if you had a generic windows sound card)

Any sort of updates post anti-bot software would completely defy the point of making these servers. In truth I don't think honestly old servers should even get improved anti-bot software, to be in keeping with the nostalgia bubble of august 07, but with how advanced bots are now it would be required to make these legacy servers even playable.

In short nothing else past 10th august 07 shouldn't even be considered as a possibility of an update.

The community will be fractured enough without fracturing this new community into say pre & post GWD or GE.

Then what would be the point? What would be the point in releasing a game in which you log in, turn on your bot, go to work, and come back with a bank full of logs?

They're bringing back the game. Not the botting that came with it. Sure dozens of bald men in green clothes chopping yews was in the 07 version of the game. It was a necessary evil. Can you really say you LIKED bots? I can't. Everyone knew there were bots. They knew they were bad, and they knew that sometime they had to go.

For me, I'm looking forward to the fun times of killing rats with my friends and playing on the weekends the game I played during highschool. I'm not looking forward to any bloody bots, or any people who are like EFFICIENCY!

I want to play a game that is fun. Period.; I don't find the new game to be fun. I find it to be a corny evolution of something I liked.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

GRATS ON 180K PEOPLE VOTING FOR 2007 SERVERS!!!

And Jagex for providing the other 20k ;)

• Like 4

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Yes.

Yes, I do like the graphics from 07. Not just 07, anything from before the "high detail" update. I liked it. It was simplistic, and it complimented the rest of the game well. Now, I feel everything looks like plastic.

On the other hand, I much prefer the graphics from 2013. I like them, they make my game experience more immersive.

Before, everything used to look like cardboard.

After jagex releases the 07scape server, they should also release another 07scape server. The first 07scape server to constantly be updated with what everyone wants (like teknofield said) and the second 07scape server to be stagnant.

But why stop there? They should make an 08scape server an 09scape server an 10scape server. And when we it's 2018 they should make a 15scape server, c'mon jagex we pay we say give me my server.

Give everyone their own server make everyone happy.

• Like 1

I'm kind of in the middle of the graphics discussion, I liked the style of old RS, how the armor was designed and fit your character, but I also like the HD textures of the new. I wish there was a middle, old style armor, with the HD textures.

Edit:

After jagex releases the 07scape server, they should also release another 07scape server. The first 07scape server to constantly be updated with what everyone wants (like teknofield said) and the second 07scape server to be stagnant.

But why stop there? They should make an 08scape server an 09scape server an 10scape server. And when we it's 2018 they should make a 15scape server, c'mon jagex we pay we say give me my server.

I'm not one of those kind of people, but I would expect a "Not sure if.." meme coming your way.

• Like 2
JHayG72.png

Wasn't aiming at you, idk why you think i was . It was more towards teknofield( I even said his name in the post)who makes it pretty clear he doesn't want an 07scape server but more of a server that gets every update he likes and none that he doesn't.

EDIT: Messed up on the quoting thing :/ kinda of new to the site so yea.

Wasn't aiming at you, idk why you think i was . It was more towards teknofield( I even said his name in the post)who makes it pretty clear he doesn't want an 07scape server but more of a server that gets every update he likes and none that he doesn't.

EDIT: Messed up on the quoting thing :/ kinda of new to the site so yea.

Oh gotcha. I didn't read it very clearly, sort of just got the highlights.

JHayG72.png

What was 07 bankspace like?

I don't recall. I think f2p had somewhere of around 1 page/screen/50 some items, and members had between 175 and 200?

I'm kind of in the middle of the graphics discussion, I liked the style of old RS, how the armor was designed and fit your character, but I also like the HD textures of the new. I wish there was a middle, old style armor, with the HD textures.

So pretty much how it looked when HD first came out? :P Although there were a few things which never looked as good in the transition to HD, like my beautiful black navy clothes (from trouble brewing).

But I agree, I loved the runescape look of armour. These days I have no idea what any of the armour is, I'm like... "That's a chainbody?!"

Anyway for my current opinion:

It's almost safe to say that we'll get the 250k option, I'll be pretty happy with that. The question is, would I prefer 500k or 250k option. I'm not too sure.

The first thing to realise is that these servers don't cater just for those "07 was the golden era bring it back" people. There are those who like the old combat system, those who like RS before update x 'ruined' it, there are those who like the idea of a fresh start, etc etc.

So giving 07scape updates wouldn't be against the idea for everyone, but I do obviously see a contradiction in "OLD SCHOOL SERVERS, 2007SCAPE" but with new content.

I've decided that I wouldn't mind updates, maybe 1 noticeable update a month, by noticable, I don't mean big or small, just "oh okay we got an update".

Firstly though, considering the HUGE amount of content this game will have, I believe there is no need for any content updates for at least 3 months (I was thinking 6-12, but I don't know). The point is, there is plenty of content to keep everyone happy for months. No point introducing GWD if people still haven't even started to bring whips into the game. Like Miss Lioness said, having GWD after a year could fit nicely (assuming the majority of players want it).

Having content polls for 07scape members is definitely necessary, and any bit of substantial content needs to go through a majority YES/NO vote.

Regardless of which tier we get to, I think a few updates we still be wanted, like the timeout from 1 min to 5min, something I definitely want, if there's any of little tweaks that improve quality of game without altering the gameplay then I think they should be added.

Anyway, I can't for the day the servers open, no economy, a rush for low level content! I mean how cool, everyone will be competing for low level content! When I started there were quite a few newbies along with me, but everyone all doing it at once? Awesome! :) It will make useless content useful and the major part of the game again!

• Like 1

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I'm for updates so long as they don't change gameplay.

Anti-bot updates, yes

Things like pathfinding, adding the run button near the minimap, the option to mute the music in the login screen, and to right click PMs to reply, no randoms in combat.. Those wouldn't effect the game very much, if at all, but would add leaps and bounds when it comes to usability.

I'm sure there are a few other things that have slipped my mind, but imho they don't effect how the game works, looks, and feels enough to be considered "bad" or too new.

Usability is a HUGE thing. If a site or a game is not easy to use, people will eventually begin to ignore it.

For example, for those that want a virgin, old runescape with bad usability compared to now.. tell me, would you rather use

this yahoo2009

Or this yahoo2005

Or this yahoo1999

Or even this? yahoo1995a

Older isn't always better.

I'm for updates so long as they don't change gameplay.

Anti-bot updates, yes

Things like pathfinding, adding the run button near the minimap, the option to mute the music in the login screen, and to right click PMs to reply, no randoms in combat.. Those wouldn't effect the game very much, if at all, but would add leaps and bounds when it comes to usability.

I'm sure there are a few other things that have slipped my mind, but imho they don't effect how the game works, looks, and feels enough to be considered "bad" or too new.

Usability is a HUGE thing. If a site or a game is not easy to use, people will eventually begin to ignore it.

For example, for those that want a virgin, old runescape with bad usability compared to now.. tell me, would you rather use

this http://www.flickr.co...157621812549759

Or this http://www.flickr.co...157621812549759

Or this http://www.flickr.co...157621812549759

Or even this? http://www.flickr.co...157621812549759

Older isn't always better.

Yep I agree, some of the usability issues should be updated that don't affect gameplay :)

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010