• No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

everythings 07 but the price!

also judging by the q&a they seem to be implying that there wont be many updates unless they get 500k, just bug fixes

this in my eyes is a total flop. I enjoy eoc actually.

but hey jagex will get a good amount of money for no work lol

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

Now we have the big decisions of what to do when we get on the game :).

I am thinking of going for a 1 pray build again, love that challenge and I think a 1 pray fire cape on this server would be a pretty good goal :P.

I think this will be a unique challenge, for example with no f2p game, there will not a massive oversupply of raw materials, so skilling will probably be profitable. I plan on doing level 1 TTs from HAMS for quite a bit at some point, imagine how cool you will be with a treasure trail item o.O.

I can see runecraft being very profitable, people want to go pking with ancient magic, they need runes to train with, and runes to pk with. Problem is there are no runes, and no one is a high enough rcing level to mass produce them.

Obviously people grinding out slayer will get all the fun stuff like gmauls.

1 prayer in 2007 will be a pretty fun challenge I think, although the inefficiency of wanting to train slayer, but at the same time limit myself to 1 prayer gear is painful.

One major problem I thought of though, can really imagine w2 fally park being taken over by gambling clans :/...

I have to say, allowing even a ~500k margin for false 'unique hits' (eg same user different systems/networks) the 2m hits vs votes does kinda put a nail in the coffin of the argument that those who wanted this were the majority.

Heck even allow ~1m margin for false and it's still a minority giving support.

are you serious?

All that shows is the massive amount of interest from people who are no longer members.

also

http://web.archive.org/web/20070813040811/http://www.tip.it/runescape/

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Now we have the big decisions of what to do when we get on the game smile.gif.

I am thinking of going for a 1 pray build again, love that challenge and I think a 1 pray fire cape on this server would be a pretty good goal :P.

I think this will be a unique challenge, for example with no f2p game, there will not a massive oversupply of raw materials, so skilling will probably be profitable. I plan on doing level 1 TTs from HAMS for quite a bit at some point, imagine how cool you will be with a treasure trail item o.O.

I can see runecraft being very profitable, people want to go pking with ancient magic, they need runes to train with, and runes to pk with. Problem is there are no runes, and no one is a high enough rcing level to mass produce them.

Obviously people grinding out slayer will get all the fun stuff like gmauls.

1 prayer in 2007 will be a pretty fun challenge I think, although the inefficiency of wanting to train slayer, but at the same time limit myself to 1 prayer gear is painful.

One major problem I thought of though, can really imagine w2 fally park being taken over by gambling clans :/...

You won't have to worry about gambling for a long while. It will take months to get any measurable amount of GP in the game. Not to mention all the people that would need to get to the point of legends quest for flowers.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Does anyone know whether Jagex means this Friday (the 22nd) or the Friday voting ends (the 1st)?

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Does anyone know whether Jagex means this Friday (the 22nd) or the Friday voting ends (the 1st)?

Sounds like this friday, as in 2 days from now.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Ha the people I know who gamble are unlikely to want to put the effort in to get to legends.

Selling mith seeds 10k ea L.

http://web.archive.o...=tt_rewards.htm

Defiantly going to be going to try and get some trimmed or gilded black. Rushing 20 Thieving on start up, might plan out which shops sell the stuff I would need to buy to do the trails.

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I have to say, allowing even a ~500k margin for false 'unique hits' (eg same user different systems/networks) the 2m hits vs votes does kinda put a nail in the coffin of the argument that those who wanted this were the majority.

are you serious?

All that shows is the massive amount of interest from people who are no longer members.

Perfectly serious - given that people who care about the vote are going to be Runescape players in some form or other; therefore those who looked but did not vote can be logically assumed to be predominantly rs players who do not care about or do not support 07scape. Meaning the comparative numbers clearly show those who do support are a minority.

Unless you are genuinely suggestion a logical conclusion is that of those 2m hits less than 214k are actual rs players who looked but did not vote - now that would be an absurd statement.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Welp, I won't be at a computer this weekend. Or should I do what 12 year old me would do and feign being busy to play RS? :razz:

I swear, though, if they release rares this weekend, I will be so mad.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Funny how the votes per/minute has gone up from less than to 30 for the past hour. With the news about it being released this Friday, expect even more people to vote just to try it out.

Heck, and while 2007scape is out and people are enjoying it, the people who haven't voted will now vote just to get in on the fun. And when the active users on EoCscape drops to 20k, even more people will vote.

No wonder JaGex released it early. Damn they've gotten smart!

Noctturne.png

are you serious?

Perfectly serious - given that people who care about the vote are going to be Runescape players in some form or other; therefore those who looked but did not vote can be logically assumed to be predominantly rs players who do not care about or do not support 07scape. Meaning the comparative numbers clearly show those who do support are a minority.

Unless you are genuinely suggestion a logical conclusion is that of those 2m hits less than 214k are actual rs players who looked but did not vote - now that would be an absurd statement.

I am saying the majority of those hits are former players who CAN'T vote, because they are not members.

The vote has gone fairly viral in loads of different places, there are so so many former runescape players interested in this. So often the response to you play runescape on a non related webpage, is "Oh I used to play that, then X ruined it and I quit", these hordes of people are the ones making up those numbers, not people checking the vote page because they don't care about it.

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Also sadly 2007 forums are unaccessable, I remember this event pretty well, as IRC It wiped out my first tipit forum account!

http://web.archive.o...hp?f=6&t=744120

Can get early 2008 though for guides, but its not quite the same.

Ah... 3 subforums for pking, good times.

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

are you serious?

I am saying the majority of those hits are former players who CAN'T vote, because they are not members.

The vote has gone fairly viral in loads of different places, there are so so many former runescape players interested in this. So often the response to you play runescape on a non related webpage, is "Oh I used to play that, then X ruined it and I quit", these hordes of people are the ones making up those numbers, not people checking the vote page because they don't care about it.

I don't think all that many quitters would come to look compared to players that are current - many who quit y'know quit and move on. Many who did quit but are still interest did re-register to vote.

And as I said it is utterly ludicrous when we clearly have around 780k member accounts on the hiscores, Jagex gave us stat of 1.8m active accounts etc. to suggest that less than 214k of 2m hits are not rs players.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The good news is rolling in atm :P

7H4WIqu.png

Little sad GWD is not going to happen, but I had mixed feelings on that anyway, the AGS blitz rush was the first real dangerous OTK.

Edit: another MMG post, looks like 500k might happen if we get anywhere near close lol.

876A1Rt.png

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Fun fact: This was posted on RuneScape's Facebook wall

223550_10151754159266729_1616777227_n.png

With more planning and communication with players, they could earn more than they do now and that would work in long term. But as their brains think in short time, they make decision for short term! :D

Jagex, hire this man. He has seen the flaws in your plan, but with his support you will become rich beyond your wildest dreams.

Honestly, you make it sound like Jagex hq is smack in the middle of Mordor, and that they are only out to grab power and deliver suffering upon the race of man.

Jagex are worse than the mafia; at least the latter doesn't make players pay for an old-school server that the players have asked for.

@Sir

In elementary places like forum, youtube.

We're going to start out with max cash stack and 5 sets of every tradeable holiday rare.

(And I know it's true because I read it in a YouTube comment.)

I sort of want to hit the 500k mark to not pay anything extra, but I really don't want a development team... I will consider anything past 249,999 votes a success I suppose.

Hamtaro.png

I sort of want to hit the 500k mark to not pay anything extra, but I really don't want a development team... I will consider anything past 249,999 votes a success I suppose.

I can see the development team being very strict in whats added anyway. Could just be simple things like F-Keys see. etc

Only updates I'd like are anti-bot mechanics and maybe some minor convenience updates like better pathfinding and run toggle.

I can see the development team being very strict in whats added anyway. Could just be simple things like F-Keys see. etc

True but there's only so much work that can be done on those little tweaks and they suggested they would be hiring a new team for this.

They aren't just gonna be like well you did well for that 3 months of dev work bye now! Or let them sit around making paper airplanes between creating holiday events.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Slightly disappointed in not being able to play live and 07 at the same time, pretty much writes off me playing 07 ever.

Lol, did you even vote for it?

Would consider it.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Fun fact: This was posted on RuneScape's Facebook wall

223550_10151754159266729_1616777227_n.png

Oh, Facebook.

fVuudFx.png

Hamtaro.png

Ugh, I'm really torn about getting my vote in.

Jagex is going full steam ahead, regardless of what the community decides, so I might just as well vote, get the 'early' access and the free month... but all the while, I'm still kind of against the idea. And I hate going along with their cheap ploys. Principles and all.

Slightly disappointed in not being able to play live and 07 at the same time, pretty much writes off me playing 07 ever.

Lol, did you even vote for it?

Would consider it.

If you were to play, vote. Its the interest they are looking for. If you are never going to log on or not keep upto date on how its going there dont :)