new update: Squeal of Fortune: Valentine Yelps [2/14/2013]

ixfd64

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/squeal-of-fortune-valentine-yelps

Valentine hearts are appearing all over Gielinor, and are available on the Squeal of Fortune. Collect them up and trade them for a bevy of Valentine’s Day-themed prizes! If that’s not your thing, no need to worry – even if you hate Valentine’s Day, there’s something for you here.

Hearts can be found randomly on monsters, while skilling, and can be won on Squeal of Fortune too. They’re tradeable and will appear in-game and on the Squeal of Fortune from Thursday 14th February 00:00 GMT until Monday 25th February 23:59 GMT. There’s an increased chance to win Valentine hearts on Squeal of Fortune on Valentine’s Day itself, and from Friday 22nd to Monday 25th February inclusive, so be sure to spin then.

On the lovey-dovey, pro-Valentine’s side of things, goodies available in exchange for hearts are:

• Lovestruck pendant: this applies an XP boost as your train one of your five highest levelled skills.
  • Cupid bow: a ranged weapon, which can be switched between different versions to suit various Ranged levels.
  • Love at First Sight emote.

Occupying the darker side of the spectrum are the anti-Valentine’s, hate-themed prizes:

• Heartbreak pendant: this gives one of your five lowest levelled skills an XP boost while you train.
  • Rosethorn wand and broken heart: a wand and off-hand orb; also upgradeable as with the Cupid bow.
  • Jealous Rage emote.

What’s more, you can exchange hearts for chocolates, which heal life points and come in 6 delicious flavours, each granting a specific skill a temporary +2 boost! There's even a Valentine's surprise in store for a certain sweet-tooth, too - you are what you eat, after all!

Click on a heart in your inventory and hit ‘Send’ to open the shop and access the full range of Valentine’s and anti-Valentine's rewards.

Valentine hearts will stop appearing for collection after Monday 25th February. However, you’ll be able to trade them for rewards for a month from today: until 23:59 GMT on the 13th of March 2013. You’ll find full details on the official FAQ.

You can purchase spins here, or by clicking ‘Add Spins’ next to the wheel in Squeal of Fortune. Don’t forget that subscribing will bag you two daily spins instead of one!

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

Some of the rewards are available for F2P as well. Nice!

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Heartbreak_pendant

"The pendant gives 1.5x XP in a chosen skill up to 34,400 charges." or "This pendant can double XP in one of your least-liked skills." which is it Jagex?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

since i am at work and runescape.com is blocked so i cant open the website, can someone post rewards shop pic ? please do not post link from runescape.com 'cus i can't see it -.-

EDIT: and how many hearts each reward..

thanks

1750 for each emote (2)

1000 for each weapon (2)

750 for each pendant (2)

The weapons are 1 bow and 1 wand/orb =3

• Like 2

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

1750 for each emote (2)

1000 for each weapon (2)

750 for each pendant (2)

The weapons are 1 bow and 1 wand/orb =3

thanks,

and what you got so far ?

i only got around 600 hearts from 1 red/rare box

and worth to buy spins ? or can get them easily from monsters ?

Anyone figured out what they meant by "There's even a Valentine's surprise in store for a certain sweet-tooth, too - you are what you eat, after all!"?

First I thought it could refer to Tooth Fairy or trolls, but didn't find anything new there.

For 40 or 20 hearts (Can't remember which) You can buy a valentines chocolate bar.

Anyone figured out what they meant by "There's even a Valentine's surprise in store for a certain sweet-tooth, too - you are what you eat, after all!"?

First I thought it could refer to Tooth Fairy or trolls, but didn't find anything new there.

For 40 or 20 hearts (Can't remember which) You can buy a valentines chocolate bar.

Yes, they mentioned that right before that "riddle" in the news article (it's 50 hearts for a random chocolate out of 6 varieties). I assume they meant something else with it. Why would they spell out something and then say that there is a surprise, too, if the surprise was exactly what was just spelled out?

I'm thinking there is some Easter egg hidden somewhere that people haven't yet found. Just found out that Maggie has a sweet tooth, but nothing new there either.

EDIT: Aha, found it. Was thinking that it could be this but didn't bother to check for some weird reason, and then found a picture of someone feeding a heart to baby troll.

There are 13 different special names that you can give your baby troll and you can randomise between those until you see the one that you want. The names are Baby, Boo, Cutie, Darling, Gorgeous, Honeybunch, Lovely, Pet, Snookums, Sugar, Sweetheart, Sweetie and Treacle. You can also use the generic Valentine heart name if you choose that.

• Like 1

So, not really adding money into the economy but more distribution of it, but either way if you got in within the first hour of this and used up the 450 spins ($100), I've heard you'd be looking at about 20-21k hearts. At 3.5k each heart you'd be looking at 70 -73.5 mil in hearts + ~1mil in loot and depending on your skill levels, 90+ up to 1 mil xp. Not to mention pendants and recharge gems.

Works out to ~ 700kgp/dollar, and 10k xp/dollar.

Now to not have to worry about being banned or having your credit card stolen that might have been lucrative way to getting gp without the work.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Anyone have an image of the love emote?

Personally, I'm going to wait a few days for the market to become flooded with them so the price drops precipitously. Then, depending on how far they drop, I'll just buy the 3500 hearts I need for the two emotes.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Anyone have an image of the love emote?

Personally, I'm going to wait a few days for the market to become flooded with them so the price drops precipitously. Then, depending on how far they drop, I'll just buy the 3500 hearts I need for the two emotes.

I bought some earlier at 500 each! But that was from friends who needed some money =D! And besides I can miss a mil.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'll just buy the 3500 hearts I need for the two emotes.

I bought some earlier at 500 each! But that was from friends who needed some money =D! And besides I can miss a mil.

First Christmas presents, now Valentine hearts.

This instantly popped into my head

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I actually like the idea of these being tradeable.

You buy 2k of them to trade away to that special someone..

..and they proceed to buy the hate emote and rip up your heart right infront of you.

You can't put a price on that

• Like 5

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

..and they proceed to buy the hate emote and rip up your heart right infront of you.

dat rejection on an mmo, I'll forever be a shattered man :thumbup:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

For everything else, there's RuneCoins. :lol:

• Like 2

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Anyway, seeing as I'm obsessed with emotes, I'm gonna do daily spins in hope for enough hearts for the emotes, and of course the other items.

If I don't get enough hearts before the promotion is over I'll either buy the hearts from players or buy SoF spins.

Killed some ganodermic beasts. Got two hearts. "Wow, shit luck, maybe next drop will be more." Get another drop. Two hearts.

URGHH. 4 hearts from that whole task, and I have yet to get any more drops. Obvious SoF pushing going on here.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000