Old School RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds!

tripsis

I did Monkey Madness, and figured I'd grab the free medium clue you can get while doing it (feeding bananas to the monkey you take from Ardy zoo)

After over 150 bananas, he finally spat it out

Did it happily, and got this beautiful thing on my first medium clue ever

f9bbca9858.jpg

022e6c3ce5.png

I actually just doubled my bank. <3:

Madness

I did Monkey Madness, and figured I'd grab the free medium clue you can get while doing it (feeding bananas to the monkey you take from Ardy zoo)

After over 150 bananas, he finally spat it out

Did it happily, and got this beautiful thing on my first medium clue ever

f9bbca9858.jpg

022e6c3ce5.png

I actually just doubled my bank. <3:

I thought wizard boots were from easy clues... Also how long has that monkey thing been in the game? I never knew that existed :o

77yLQy8.png

It's apparently been in since release, it's a hidden easter egg but it only really gained a lot of publicity about 8 months ago when someone posted about it on Reddit

Yeah, wizard boots are apparently the same rarity as ranger boots, but I'm happy as hell either way, it's an amazing loot for me considering what my bank is like :P

Bit of a funny story incoming, I was doing the easy wilderness tasks, and was running from the demonic ruins to the chaos altar in level 38 wildy. As I pass the green dragons, I see a white dot, but I'm barely carrying any risk, so I don't mind too much. Running past him, I notice he's a level 40 pure killing green dragons, so I leave him be. As I run past though, he attacks me. I throw my range protect pray on and keep running, but he chases me, so I'm like "[bleep] this", throw on ultimate strength and incredible reflexes, click the dds spec and 2 hit him :P Couldn't resist a bit of banter as he died

de2aeb9363.png

Obby cape and glory is a 440k+ loot, I just pk'd half my bank worth XD

• Like 5

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

String ammys a very tolerable way to train magic. I got 99 magic for the 2nd time that way. Would get like 1m xp/day while doing homework at my desk

Better XP than making teletabs all the way to 99 magic :-(

You can log out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Some progress on my new pvm alt. 70 str and dragon defender.

db09949ecd.pngfa68f1baa7.png

I'll use up tokens here and hopefully get a few spare d defenders. Then finish what's left of 70 def and I'm set for melees and magic. For range I just have to get avas, and really need 99 def first.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

5a25858460.png

• Like 2

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

dafd5d6ada.jpg

Even if it's just Torag's platelegs, it's nice to finally break my dry streak, 68 dry. It was the worst dry streak I've ever had at barrows

EDIT: 3 chests later

ef2ac2c70a.jpg

Erm... not sure if I should be happy, or just irritated at that one :P

• Like 3

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

After taking a break to get my void back on RS3 (dropped it years ago and never could be bothered to get it back), I went back to barrows and got this beauty <3:

8ca177b1ff.jpg

Chest 89, going to get 100 before I work on doing quests (aiming for barrows gloves on a quest spree)

EDIT: Seems that every time, I get a drop, I get one not long after :P

40bc75d740.jpg

FINAL EDIT:

a83ae25328.jpg

Think I'm gonna have to revive my blog at this rate, the last 5 images have been my barrows drops, and I don't wanna spam it up :P

• Like 2

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I'd throw this here as a first post.

[hide=Story]

A friend has me pick up old school in the beginning of the year. I played through until about 850 total/60 combat but real life came up. Now I'm attempting to pick it up again because it's the most convenient of any game I play- I had originally quit RS for WoW, but seriously do not have the time for WoW progression. I love that I can pick up Runescape and get something accomplished with any amount of free time.

Even with life in the way I have made a point to get on every day or 2 for 10 minutes for GE merchanting. I figured this would be a way to pad my bank for when I do find the time to get my skills up and start bossing. [/hide]

I figured this was interesting to see how much could be accomplished in the shortest amount of time.

Works out to ~1.7m/hour since stepping on tutorial island. No swapping (Main was actually cleaned when I quit)- I made 1k bowstrings and cashed 20 of those agility marks, meaning this all came from a pile of about 400k.

ndAlyxd.png

dZ4BCsJ.png

Here's to hopefully the first of many as I become more active,

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I figured that if I was going to get the new fishing outfit, I should probably do it on the first day while the Fishing Trawler is still active. I imagine it'll be dead again in a couple of weeks.

k0iVYGg.png

Pictured in my inventory are all the fish I got while working towards the Angler's outfit.

• Like 3

You can log out any time you like, but you can never leave.