09-Apr-2013 - Castle Wars: Revamped

Miss Lioness

I still think my idea of tying all the team combat minigames together was better.

You mean participate in 5,000 games of any combination of PvP minigames? People would probably just determine which minigame offered the most "points" per hour and flock to that one and ignore all the others. And then that minigame would have the same problem that CW does now.

• Like 3

77yLQy8.png

I still think my idea of tying all the team combat minigames together was better.

You mean participate in 5,000 games of any combination of PvP minigames? People would probably just determine which minigame offered the most "points" per hour and flock to that one and ignore all the others. And then that minigame would have the same problem that CW does now.

I disagree.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

QFT

I like the idea, it'd be better but unfortunately with the xp loss crowd this is exactly what's going to happen.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Imo the most elegant solution is to change this requirement to obtain all 3 minigame Hybrid armour sets. It would lower the amount of 'boredom' (people here are screaming at the school library, can't concentrate this I can't come up with a better word) and at the same time revive a lot of other minigames like FoG and Fight Pits.

The hours it would take to get all 3 armour sets is nearly half of current requirement but it is still a heck a big requirement and more of a sense of completionist then a cosmetic armour set that is only usefull in 1 game and outclassed by 2 Hybrid armours!

• Like 2

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Just running my own time numbers.

80 CW wins for 3 helms (22 min ea, boosting): 29.33 hours

600 PC wins for 3 boots (2 min ea): 20 hours

140 FOG wins for 3 gloves (2 min ea, boosting): 4.66 hours

125 SW wins for 3 leggings (23 min ea, clan): 47.91 hours

300 Pit wins for 3 bodies (1 min ea, boosting): 5 hours

106.91 hours, which is like 13% of the current 2200 CW wins requirement (806.66 hours)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Much more reasonable in absolute time required, more varied so more the mark of a completionist, and more fun as well.

Shame that pits and FoG are dead as well, so you can't play legit. But those are easy to boost.

Iirc pit wins are 1.5 mins each, fog games 1 min, pc games 2.5 mins.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Just running my own time numbers.

80 CW wins for 3 helms (22 min ea, boosting): 29.33 hours

600 PC wins for 3 boots (2 min ea): 20 hours

140 FOG wins for 3 gloves (2 min ea, boosting): 4.66 hours

125 SW wins for 3 leggings (23 min ea, clan): 47.91 hours

300 Pit wins for 3 bodies (1 min ea, boosting): 5 hours

106.91 hours, which is like 13% of the current 2200 CW wins requirement (806.66 hours)

Some people have gone double that time to even get all the parts.

And besides, you are assuming waaay optimal circumstances, what about normal gameplay terms? FoG could be very well be up to 5-8 mins ea game and if a lot of people are doing Pits then they wont be able to be boosted. Also FOG pretty much cant be boosted due to random matching/pairing...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Imo the most elegant solution is to change this requirement to obtain all 3 minigame Hybrid armour sets. It would lower the amount of 'boredom' (people here are screaming at the school library, can't concentrate this I can't come up with a better word) and at the same time revive a lot of other minigames like FoG and Fight Pits.

The hours it would take to get all 3 armour sets is nearly half of current requirement but it is still a heck a big requirement and more of a sense of completionist then a cosmetic armour set that is only usefull in 1 game and outclassed by 2 Hybrid armours!

They'll eventually come to this conclusion.

In about 3 years time

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Some people have gone double that time to even get all the parts...

You can't get 100% win rate on CW, SW and FoG, and the usual payment method for Pits is losing an equal amount of games. It works out to twice the time required, same as for the current CW req which is hard to get 100% wins as well.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Some people have gone double that time to even get all the parts.

And besides, you are assuming waaay optimal circumstances, what about normal gameplay terms? FoG could be very well be up to 5-8 mins ea game and if a lot of people are doing Pits then they wont be able to be boosted. Also FOG pretty much cant be boosted due to random matching/pairing...

The numbers I've used are pretty accepted, and in most cases I have required the average number of games to get my hybrid parts, except for in the case of PC where I was particularly unlucky.

Some people have gone double that time to even get all the parts...

You can't get 100% win rate on CW, SW and FoG, and the usual payment method for Pits is losing an equal amount of games. It works out to twice the time required, same as for the current CW req which is hard to get 100% wins as well.

Pretty much as Quyneax said.

Also @ lio, you can be assured, by golly, that if people can boost, they will boost. Or are you not aware of the 19 games/hour quickhop method which most of the top 50 trimmers used, or the FOG boosting fc that regularly runs on the HLF, or the brand new CW boosting FC that is non-stop two tickets per game?

Edited by Saradomin_Mage

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You can get 100% (or at least very close to that) win rates on CW/SW, and fog can only be played by boosting anyways.

I predict that Jagex will read this thread and add all 3 hybrid armor sets to the trim req without removing the CW req :lol:

I really hope not :P

Seriously though, it would be great if they read this thread. Then they just can't miss what the most of us thinks; Lower that damn requirement for comp cape(t).

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Something for game designers to always keep in mind is that the players will do what they're incentivized to do. That doesn't mean they'll do what is fun. Players do like having fun, and they will push toward fun, but if the game incentivizes them to do something that isn't fun, they will do that, and they will hate the game for it. If the game says "In order to win, you have to do this," they'll go, "Okay, that's what the game is saying," and they'll follow the lead of the game--but then what happens is they don't have fun.

--Mark Rosewater

• Like 1

Something for game designers to always keep in mind is that the players will do what they're incentivized to do. That doesn't mean they'll do what is fun. Players do like having fun, and they will push toward fun, but if the game incentivizes them to do something that isn't fun, they will do that, and they will hate the game for it. If the game says "In order to win, you have to do this," they'll go, "Okay, that's what the game is saying," and they'll follow the lead of the game--but then what happens is they don't have fun.

--Mark Rosewater

Now wonder what happens when that very same requirement ruins the (mini)game.

• Like 1

--Mark Rosewater

Now wonder what happens when that very same requirement ruins the (mini)game.

If you actually play castle wars it's fun.

If you afk snooze it then it isn't.

The problem is with the players not the game.

Nobody said you had to have trim on your cape right now.

It would be better to win 25% of your games and play hard than win 50% in a rigged snooze fest.

Frankly, I would like to see the completionist cape removed all together.

It provides more contempt than rewards.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

If the game incentivizes afk snoozing rather than actually playing, then the problem is with the game.

• Like 6

So your root cause of the problem is EOC or the completionist cape?

I wouldn't be opposed to removing both as long as it gets rid of the afkers that don't belong there.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

TBH I still wouldn't play CW if they removed the trim req, just because I don't like EOC. I'm probably in the minority though.

If the game incentivizes afk snoozing rather than actually playing, then the problem is with the game.

The problem is both

77yLQy8.png