E3 2013 - Nintendo direct today - stream link inside

Kimberly

So far I can say I'm looking to buy MGS5, Castlevania, Watch Dogs, All of FF and KH3, and half of Nintendo when I get a WiiU (if I buy one).

Nintendo Direct for those who missed it (wanna rewatch):

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I still think Xbox offers the superior online service. According to early reports, the new games you'll earn via the XBL program will persist even if your membership lapses - unlike the PSN. Even the ustream partnership is lacking. At a hard-limit of 10gb storage with PSN and ustream, it's more of a management hassle to stream and save with a hard limit, especially if you do multiple broadcasts a day. Twitch has no limit, but permanently deletes your streams a few days later plus including a simple "Save" feature.

Monetization seems harder to get into for twitch than Ustream, requiring some pretty steep requirements (400+ regular audience, regular broadcasts, no DMCA claims). Ustream doesn't seem to have that problem though their pricing plans that allow for better monetization are absolutely ridiculous. This is pretty low on many people's priority list, but still. They're important factors if both consoles are trying to be comparable to entry-level pcs and what they can offer.

1. https://www.ustream....ans#annualplans

2. http://www.twitch.tv/partner/signup

3. http://help.twitch.t...-videos-deleted

hzvjpwS.gif

Getting:

Xbox one just for killer instinct (even with the dlc drama going on), altho project spark really got my attention. Other than that, xbox one seems too... restrictive for my taste, I will probably keep it off most of the time.

Already have a Wii U so I'll definitely get Smash, Monolith Soft and Bayonetta. Still waiting for them to resurrect some ancient franchise but meh... can't complain.

Fell asleep during Sony presentation as usual, too much talk about graphic, engine, etc... details.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Currently have a Wii, a DS and a 360. Haven't played the Wii in years, the DS is also outdated now, Pokemon Black was the last game bought for that in 2011. Bought the 360 eighteen months ago, mostly for Reach. That was the first non-Nintendo console I bought and at the time, I thought it was a massive step away, but looking back I think I've realised that I miss handheld gaming and I miss Nintendo, if the truth be told. I still like Halo but I feel like it's expendable now, and I haven't taken to Xbox's games like I expected I would do; I've grown up, my life has changed and the way I play games has changed with it, so Nintendo just suits me more now. I don't really want to work hard all day to come home and compete hardcore in online MM, I want games that "dream" along with me and relax me. That's why I've enjoyed playing MineCraft so much over the past twelve months in XBL Arcade. On that note, I'm really overjoyed that the new Animal Crossing game got such great reviews.

Probably buying a 3DS first, then a Wii U later, knowing that although I'll miss out on the full range of third party games on the Xbox One and PS4, I'll still get some. E3 was never likely going to influence my decision because those reasons are more personal.

Out of interest, what more did you expect from Nintendo? It feels like for the past six or seven years (since the Wii got released, basically) Nintendo have repeatedly been accused by people "expecting more".

I guess a Metroid/Megaman title and more 3rd party content is what people want. Thou Nintendo was never trying completing with the other two, as Reggie continues to tell us year after year, the fans who care the most will buy their [cabbage], and that the fan base is big enough for them to not care about the other two.

I heard some experts on Spike TV talking basically saying Nintendo is a power house of first party stuff, and are otherwise great at software and great mentors when they do have 3rd parties coming in; they agreed what the should really do is stop making hardware, and port all their stuff to tablets, phones, and other consoles or/and possibly just stick to their handhelds, since Nintendo is basically has their hand in two markets, one in which they do really well in. Basically, just do software, handhelds or get more 3rd party and better hardware.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

You make an excellent point, which is why anyone who says "Nintendo are dead because the Wii U is failing", I simply cannot take seriously. Nintendo have been surviving off the back of their handheld gaming success and first party titles since 1997.

You make an excellent point, which is why anyone who says "Nintendo are dead because the Wii U is failing", I simply cannot take seriously. Nintendo have been surviving off the back of their handheld gaming success and first party titles since 1997.

The Nintendo fan base is a powerful one. We'd do anything for that company, ANYTHING! But I have to agree and say it's time Nintendo drop the large hardware. Nintendo has a strong foothold in handhelds with the PSVita looking like Dreamcast right now. I'll buy a WiiU no matter what; I love Nintendo. But I really think they should make games for their handles, tables, phones, and the other two consoles. I'd even drop into PC. I think heading that way would get more 3rd things they can say "Look, here is some 3rd party content we published from [insert indie gamer here] coming to you 3DS along with Pokemon." Imagine the sales they would receive.

They survived this E3 playing it safe but next E3 will not be pretty.

29386_s.gif

Out of interest, what more did you expect from Nintendo? It feels like for the past six or seven years (since the Wii got released, basically) Nintendo have repeatedly been accused by people "expecting more".

I had a longer post typed up but the glorious 4th mouse button took it. Anyway, basic idea was I expected something much substantial, like more info on Legend of Zelda, or Metroid, or a new IP in general, or what have you. Maybe even updating an old IP that hasn't seen much love (hint, F-Zero! Starfox! Even Ice Climbers!). I knew they were doing a new 3D Mario game, etc. I own a Wii U and have arguably the top three games for it so far (Lego City, NSMBU, and Nintendoland). I haven't touched it in a while because there's no reason to.

ozXHe7P.png

The Nintendo fan base is a powerful one. We'd do anything for that company, ANYTHING! But I have to agree and say it's time Nintendo drop the large hardware. Nintendo has a strong foothold in handhelds with the PSVita looking like Dreamcast right now. I'll buy a WiiU no matter what; I love Nintendo. But I really think they should make games for their handles, tables, phones, and the other two consoles. I'd even drop into PC. I think heading that way would get more 3rd things they can say "Look, here is some 3rd party content we published from [insert indie gamer here] coming to you 3DS along with Pokemon." Imagine the sales they would receive.

They survived this E3 playing it safe but next E3 will not be pretty.

The main problem with this argument is that a lot of Nintendo's innovation at the moment seems to be centered around the features which are, at the time, unique to its consoles. That's been the case ever since the DS was revealed. Touch screens, two screens, microphones, styluses... these were all things that were radical in handheld games console design at the time and provided new tools to expand their games development with. When I say that, I'm thinking of games like Wario Ware: Touched! and The World Ends With You. The Kinect on the Xbox was arguably in direct response to Nintendo's success in the "casual" market with the Wii's motion sensor--a feature that was totally ridiculed when it was revealed in E3 2005.

I would argue if you took away Nintendo's ability to design its own consoles, and limited them to Sony and Microsoft's consoles, you would greatly limit the creative options for its independent development teams, and ultimately that first party line-up would suffer massively for it.

I had a longer post typed up but the glorious 4th mouse button took it. Anyway, basic idea was I expected something much substantial, like more info on Legend of Zelda, or Metroid, or a new IP in general, or what have you. Maybe even updating an old IP that hasn't seen much love (hint, F-Zero! Starfox! Even Ice Climbers!). I knew they were doing a new 3D Mario game, etc. I own a Wii U and have arguably the top three games for it so far (Lego City, NSMBU, and Nintendoland). I haven't touched it in a while because there's no reason to.

There were two LoZ's on offer today, so I think that example is unfair, but I agree that Nintendo have become more... insular. Today's conference wasn't courageous in the slightest. For sure next year, they need to be bolder with some of their other franchises. There's only so many times you can appeal to LoZ, Pokemon, Mario and SSBB before people realise its the same trick being pulled on them again and again.

Getting:

Xbox one just for killer instinct (even with the dlc drama going on), altho project spark really got my attention. Other than that, xbox one seems too... restrictive for my taste, I will probably keep it off most of the time.

I don't get this. Spending so much money for one game (plus the characters...) and then just leaving it off most of the time? Talk about a huge waste of money...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Getting:

I don't get this. Spending so much money for one game (plus the characters...) and then just leaving it off most of the time? Talk about a huge waste of money...

For you. Obviously he can justify the cost for himself.

Subjectivity, folks, move along.

hzvjpwS.gif

Getting:

For you. Obviously he can justify the cost for himself.

Subjectivity, folks, move along.

What she said ^

I'll probably get every character, master each character (which should take some months) and then only play when my friends drop by (which have been waiting for it for about the same time aswell). Not a hard concept when you can afford it.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

• Like 2

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Are there any good 3rd party controllers for the PS3 (and 4)? Everything about the PS4 seems better but the controllers are an absolute dealbreaker for me, they actually make gaming uncomfortable and unfun for me. I'll probably just stick to PC gaming and my 360 anyways, at least until the first major price drop.

Apparently Giant Bomb was going to do some interviews with game devs tonight, but all their recording equipment was stolen. At E3.

Ryan had to record a small apology message using his iPad, lol.

Everything about the PS4 seems better but the controllers are an absolute dealbreaker for me, they actually make gaming uncomfortable and unfun for me

The hand grips on the PS4 controller are longer and I think a little thicker, which should make for a more comfortable experience.

hzvjpwS.gif

And PS4 will still be using bluetooth, which means third party controllers in all shapes and sizes, while Microsoft has a proprietary wifi-type connection, which means that only licensed makers can make controllers and headphones and other accessories.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

There were two LoZ's on offer today, so I think that example is unfair, but I agree that Nintendo have become more... insular. Today's conference wasn't courageous in the slightest. For sure next year, they need to be bolder with some of their other franchises. There's only so many times you can appeal to LoZ, Pokemon, Mario and SSBB before people realise its the same trick being pulled on them again and again.

Nintendo did coem out more conservative with 3D mario this conference (I was expecting something way outt here like the Galaxies were), but it still looked good. Kart was pretty different from the previous karts, and DKCR.. i don't know what to make of it, but i'm expecting great things from Retro. As for new franchises, they did Show the Wonderful 101, bayneta and X, I'm not gona lie I expected something different from Retro and more info on titles like Yarn Yoshi and FE x SMT, but what we did get i thought was a good balance between old and new.

PS4 will not be region locked for those who like to import games.

So can I download FF7 from Japan's PSN?!?!?!

Yes, why you would want to I have no idea

• Like 1

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

At a cross roads at the moment. I don;t know if I should upgrade my computer, or start saving for a PS4. I really want the PS4...but I've also been wanting to upgrade my computer for a long time now. PS4 looks really inviting...with KH3 and FFXV which the game play trailer looked amazing. Decisions decisions.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]