The New Monster

Biabf

As Jagex said in their 'Behind the Scenes', there will be a new high-level monster. Here is what they said exactly:

The Wilderness welcomes a new visitor this month. At first, local bandits and wolves thought it was some kind of rain cloud, but the path of devastation scattered in its wake told them otherwise. Even the KBD made sure not to annoy this beast, since he knew it was bigger than him. Fans of dragon weapons should make sure they visit but be careful! Multiway wilderness areas are not the safest places in the game, so take some friends to watch your back. More information to follow on release

For this we can gather:

Level: Level 276+

Hits: Most probably: 257+

Looks: Like 'some kind of rain cloud'

Needs: A team and most likely 43 prayer

Drops: A dragon item (most likely to be Dragon Two Hander or Dragon Pickaxe, maybe even an item which already exists[?])

Habitat: The Wilderness

Just trying to give some re-release information, can anyone else get some more from this text?

Thanks to jwrm22 for pointing out that Jagex didnt say it was a new item.

sig5235ro7.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they didnt sad it was a new dragon wapon... it can possibly drop just hallys often... or daggers...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

they didnt sad it was a new dragon wapon... it can possibly drop just hallys often... or daggers...
Up until now the only dragon weapon dropped has been the spear. I doubt they will change it now.

Even so, Jagex has released some totally unexpected updates so I will edit it, thank you.

sig5235ro7.jpg

your all forgetting dragon claws and dragon warhammers 0.o
Wrong. I said possibly the Dragon Two Hander and Dragon Pickaxe because their design have been done (although the pickaxe's design is quite bad). I personnaly think it's the Two Hander but who knows. You could be right, the two picture may of been an attempt to through everyone off course...
sig5235ro7.jpg

Wrong. I said possibly the Dragon Two Hander and Dragon Pickaxe because their design have been done (although the pickaxe's design is quite bad). I personnaly think it's the Two Hander but who knows. You could be right, the two picture may of been an attempt to through everyone off course...
You can't say he's wrong when the update hasn't even occured yet. We also don't know for sure that the graphics that look like those certain dragon items are those certain dragon items, so it doesn't mean they already have the look/design for them.

You can't say he's wrong when the update hasn't even occured yet. We also don't know for sure that the graphics that look like those certain dragon items are those certain dragon items, so it doesn't mean they already have the look/design for them.

A. I didn't say it couldn't be I said he was wrong about me forgetting the claws and warhammer...

B.Read the second part of most post there.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Up until now the only dragon weapon dropped has been the spear. I doubt they will change it now.

Even so, Jagex has released some totally unexpected updates so I will edit it, thank you.

wrong...kq drops d longs

it'll prob be some misty cloud type thing that is resistant(sp?) to range

and melee attacks since its kinda hard to kill clouds with swords/arrows

just incase you havent tried irl already...

Jain_Charin.png

wrong...kq drops d longs

it'll prob be some misty cloud type thing that is resistant(sp?) to range

and melee attacks since its kinda hard to kill clouds with swords/arrows

just incase you havent tried irl already...

:lol: Never heard some much BS in my life! http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2monster_id=298

Who told you that?

sig5235ro7.jpg

didnt jagex say there wasnt a dragon 2-hand gonna be released??? i thought i remember reading that on the forums, knowing jagex this update will probably suk, and it will drop something, like the hatchet, and make merchanters, and high lvl combats (lus pkers who go and pk the high lvl ombaters rich), if it is the pik, and there actually is a difference between it and rune, more people will go and get it, and hopefully it will be cheaper then the hatchet

grave_mace.png

Jesus, learn to spell correctly.

Jesus, learn to spell correctly.

You can say that when you learn to post correctly.

This topic is pretty pointless seeing as how it hasnt even happened.

The Wilderness welcomes a new visitor this month. At first, local bandits and wolves thought it was some kind of rain cloud, but the path of devastation scattered in its wake told them otherwise. Even the KBD made sure not to annoy this beast, since he knew it was bigger than him. Fans of dragon weapons should make sure they visit but be careful! Multiway wilderness areas are not the safest places in the game, so take some friends to watch your back. More information to follow on release

Bandits and wolves.... that's deep wilderness, near the wolves, scorps, and bandits. ( aka east of the axe hut ) 8)

So we can expect a few things when this monster is introduced.

1. The pathway there will be incredibly dangerous. Stepping into multi to get there will result in you coming face to face with clans, an easy death.

2. The rush to get there will be huge. The place will be crowded, people will be dying everywhere, looters will be in heaven etc.

3. The dragon weapon will be very expensive when it is first obtained

I'm guessing this will be realeased tonight ( Aussie Time ) so i plan to make my way there just before normal update time to avoid the pkers. I'll wear my hides and do some investigating. I'll get some info and report back here for everyone :P

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Maybe it will be a Dragon 2-hander. Because if the D2H was never to exist, wouldn't the Rune 2-Hander have a special? And I doubt Dragon claws would come because the rune claws already have a special. :D

Ditto. And I just have a feeling it will be the D2H :?

by the way, nice info gathering from the KBD stats ;) But not nessecarily does it have to be higher level and health than the KBD. Maybe Jagex just said it for the effect :?

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

didnt jagex say there wasnt a dragon 2-hand gonna be released??? i thought i remember reading that on the forums, knowing jagex this update will probably suk, and it will drop something, like the hatchet, and make merchanters, and high lvl combats (lus pkers who go and pk the high lvl ombaters rich), if it is the pik, and there actually is a difference between it and rune, more people will go and get it, and hopefully it will be cheaper then the hatchet

Well... if it is a pickaxe, and can actually be used as a better pickaxe, then the price will be friggin' huge. This monster sounds harder to kill than the daganoth... and look at the price this way: The d hatchet's price was based solely on it's rarity and novelty; the d pick will not only have a price based on that, (and possibly rarer) but if it's actually better than a rune pick (which I don't think it will because all the wc'ers will just quit instantly... lol) then the price would be huge for that too.

The price also depends on the special att. A slight reason for the d hatchet's price is the special is kind of cool... but not worth having it either as your equipped [crappy] weapon or as a [way too expensive] extra item to carry along. (Unless you're in castle wars... but again the special isn't all that good, seercull's does the same thing and is better because it's a ranger thing, following the triangle and is actually supposed to be effective on those mages).

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Umm dragon axe mate. That is a drop.

Umm dragon axe mate. That is a drop.
I wouldn't class it as a weapon but rather as a tool such as pickaxes.

well your rite, spear + axe are dragon weapon drops but

http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2monster_id=583

Weapon: Black short sword, Black axe, Dragon dagger(+)

Maybe it will be a Dragon 2-hander. Because if the D2H was never to exist, wouldn't the Rune 2-Hander have a special? And I doubt Dragon claws would come because the rune claws already have a special. :D

Ditto. And I just have a feeling it will be the D2H :?

by the way, nice info gathering from the KBD stats ;) But not nessecarily does it have to be higher level and health than the KBD. Maybe Jagex just said it for the effect :?

well jagexs seems to be all into balance, so i rekon to keep it fair between woddcut and mining they're gonna release the pic as close to the hatchet as possible, thats just my opinion

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

How exciting, 2 bad my memberships finished.

I think it will be a new dragon item, as Jagex seem to be giving in to all the noobs wishes. I'm glad its in high level wildy, will make things very interesting!

As someone mentioned, it'll be a pker/looter's paradise with people dying everywhere! :lol:

Currently: Quit Ages Ago