a new way to inventory?

neogeo0823

well as of now, we can hold a total of 28 items in our inventory, regardless of physical size and weight. this has worked well for the time being, but i think it would be interesting to see the inventory arranged a different way. i think it would be cool to see a weight limit imposed on inventories instead of a number limit.

for example, as it is now, you are able to carry 28 items, whether they weight 0kg or 20kg each. this means that you could, in theory, carry many, many times your hypothetical weight, much like a common army ant.

what i think would be cool to see would be a system where you can carry a set amount of weight, regardless of how many items make up that weight. this weight limit could be effected by your strength level as well, since logically, you could carry more weight if you were stronger.

so, for example, at strength level 1, you can carry, say, 30kg. then as you level up strength, you could carry an additional 2 or 5kg(whichever would be more convenient for the game) which would allow you to carry more items.

im not saying that this is something that jagex should impliment, because i know that they would never do such a thing, i just think it would be cool if that were the system. what do you guys think?

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

yeah. i never said they should change it, but it would make it more interesting, dont you think? you could carry so much more than now because of it. or soo much less if you dont plan right.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

You just want to be able to carry ten thousand rune essence in one trip. Twenty eight is fine enough. Plus you have another 6 (give or take a few) slots for equipment and arrows. It's far better than in RSC which any and all arguments of Runescape 2's positive or negatives should be based on.

You just want to be able to carry ten thousand rune essence in one trip. Twenty eight is fine enough. Plus you have another 6 (give or take a few) slots for equipment and arrows. It's far better than in RSC which any and all arguments of Runescape 2's positive or negatives should be based on.
correct me if im wrong, but a rune essence doesnt weight anything now, correct? with this system, each essence would have to weigh something, so maybe one or two kg each would be fine. as for actual runes, they would still weigh nothing because you can allready carry an infinite amount of them.

also, why base everything for rs2 off of rsc? granted one is the older version of the other, but they are essentially two seperate games now, so why should the newer game be based on the older one?

the worse idea ive heard in a while. i mean mining is boring and hard enough as it is, your weight cap would make it so you would have to bank like every 4 ores, and same with smithing, you wouldnt be able to level up very well. it would take weeks to get from like 70-71 with your method

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

being slightly pessiistic tonight, are we? granted, the numbers may have to be tweaked, but think of it, anyone but a pure miner wouldnt have too much trouble with this method. all you have to do is train up your strength levels a bit and you can carry more. its not that hard, especially at the lower levels. plus it would benefit those that train strength more, so in a wayit might discourage autoers to an extent.

I like the idea of giving people with higher strength the edge on basic gameplay.

Although the balance of the item weights would be very hard.

Arrows/Runes would have to weigh something. That would take away some of the advantages of being a range/mager, being able to stay at one training spot for a long time without having to bank.

Pures would be able to take much more food to the wildy compared to others with the same combat level since they have absurdly high strength.

Further explanations would be nice. :P

RsN: Arcade

I dis-agree. What Jagex is trying to do is keep it simple. Adding all of that complication will not help the 9 year olds :lol:

- Watchen

If you do everything with an aim to not confuse the most easily confused, then nothing would get done. The 9 year olds would learn from it.

This is a great idea, but perhaps not for Runescape. It would mean making changes far too radical, which is, I assume, the reason the original poster said they didn't think Jagex should do it.

For a new game, built from scratch, this idea would rock as an inventory system.

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

This is a great idea, but perhaps not for Runescape. It would mean making changes far too radical, which is, I assume, the reason the original poster said they didn't think Jagex should do it.

For a new game, built from scratch, this idea would rock as an inventory system.

thanks for the kudos :)

like i said, i knew that this would never fly in runescape, but it would make a cool system.

to the guy who said everything would have to weigh something, thereby limiting ranger/mages: the change wouldnt be that huge. maybe every 1k arrows/runes could be 1kg. if your going pking or training in a very dangerous place, why would you bring 10k items to it? common sense would tell you to bring 1 or 2k to train with in case you die.

too many people would get angry and flame jagex anyways...

Too many flame Jagex as it is. People do not want to play Jagex's game, they want to play the game they got going on in their perfect world fantasy where they can get all 99's in the blink of an eye, kill Zezima will a single blast from their Gamma cannon and tele grab phats right off peoples heads. Jagex keeps it simple for the simple minded.

ue5wr.jpg

Wow...I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

I dunno if this is already happening but I think that the better the armor you have the less weight it should be like in real life. (steel vs. titanium) that way it would amke mroe sense going with that plan of items weighting stuff.

newglsig6jqjl4.png

EST. February 2006

Golden Legion wants YOU to join us! 70+ CB, 65+ CB exception.

Running for over 10 months!

Click on the banner or go to s15.invisionfree.com/Golden_Legion/

no..

A: your forgetting about skill pures. cant disfavour them for no reason.

B: at level 99 str you could be able to carry like 200 sharks lol.

C: certain quests would become IMPOSSIBLE. eg: regicde with the tar barrels, full invent and they weigh nearly a ton :shock:

it just wouldn't work

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|