Treevolution - High-Level Trees

Nobody

Treevolution - High-Level Trees

Members only

Today brings two new trees to RuneScape: the elder tree and the crystal tree. High-level woodcutters will love the training opportunities they present, as well as the valuable produce - logs for making elder bows from the former, and crystal seeds, crystal triskelions and more from the latter. We've also updated the dark bow, which retains its title as RuneScape's most powerful shieldbow, and added deadly new dark arrows to go along with it.

Elder Trees

Elder_Tree-01141131.jpg

Cutting elder trees requires at least 90 Woodcutting, and the trees can be sought out at ten locations around the world. They offer good Woodcutting XP when cut, and their logs will be of great use to fletchers and firemakers of level 90 and above. They grow back more slowly than other trees, though, so you'll need to cycle between a few of them to get the best gathering rate.

Fletchers of level 90 and above can create elder shieldbows and shortbows - level 60 ranged weapons. A shieldbow sight can be attached to the elder shieldbow, increasing its required Ranged and Defence levels to 65, and boosting its stats accordingly.

The elder shieldbow has stats equivalent to the former stats of the dark bow, so we've increased the dark bow's tier to level 70, and its stats accordingly. It's a more fearsome weapon than ever! As a bonus, we've also added ferocious dark arrows, which can be fletched using dark arrowheads - a new drop from dark beasts - with level 95 Fletching.

Please note: it's not possible to grow elder trees through the Farming skill, and there are no elder planks to be used in Construction.

Tim-ber!

Crystal Trees

Crystal_Tree-01141213.jpg

While elder trees are great for gathering valuable logs, crystal trees are all about training the Woodcutting skill. Much like ivy, they yield no resources, but offer an excellent Woodcutting XP rate.

You can seek out the trees at seven locations. A crystal tree is considered 'active' when crystal formations surround it, and it is these formations - at level 94 Woodcutting - which can be chopped for some of the best Woodcutting XP in the game.

Only one tree is active at a time, remaining that way for a set time before another becomes active in its stead.. To find it, head to a known crystal tree location and - if it's not active - right-click and select 'look at' for a clue. If you need a hand finding a crystal tree, seek out Wilfred north of Falador. Right-click any inactive crystal tree and select 'Look at' to get a clue of where to find the active one.

While choppnig the crystals, there is a chance that you will receive a crystal geode. This is very much like a birds' nest, and it can contain valuable gems, or even a crystal triskelion piece. If you've completed the Roving Elves quest, there's also a chance that they'll yield a a crystal seed.

Enjoy!

Mod Nexus and the RuneScape Team

How to start:

Locate elder trees or crystal trees around the world. Get some friends together and seek them out!

For in-game information on elder and crystal trees - including the location of a nearby crystal tree - speak to Wilfred north of Falador.

Requirements:

You must be a RuneScape member.

Level 90 Woodcutting for elder trees.

Level 94 Woodcutting for crystal trees.

Fletching elder logs requires level 90 and up.

Firemaking elder logs requires level 90 and up.

Bonus XP Tidy-Up

Free players and members

We've made some changes to the way the bonus XP system works for many of RuneScape's most popular bonus XP items. While these changes are technical ones to make the content run more efficiently and to make it easier for us to develop, there's a big change to the way many of these items work.

Many of the most popular bonus XP items no longer need to be worn in order for you to enjoy their benefits. From today, these items have been replaced with a cosmetic version, and all XP that they offer is stored and applied automatically, in a similar way to the Refer a Friend XP rewards. This means that you never need to sacrifice an equipment slot to enjoy the XP benefits these items offer.

A list of items changed can be found below:

All skill pendants from the Squeal of Fortune (regular and prized)

Goblin cower shield

Sous chef's outfit

Hati paws

Sköll boots

Pumpkin amulet

Christmas pudding amulet

Heartbreak pendant

Lovestruck pendant

Mad necklace

Gofannon amulet

Penance horns (regular and master)

All Stealing Creation gear.

All Squeal of Fortune recharge gems (no cosmetic replacement)

If you have one of these items already, you will need to click on it in your inventory to convert it to the cosmetic version and claim the bonus XP stored within it. If there is a choice of XP type, you will be asked to choose upon doing so.

The following outfits now give a permanent 1% XP bonus per item while worn, rather than having a finite charge. There's also an additional 1% set bonus when you wear every item in any of these sets at once:

Artisan's outfit

Botanist's outfit

Blacksmith's outfit

First Age outfit

Please note that the clan ring has been replaced by a claimable amount of bonus XP, equivalent to that which you would previously have received. If you have a clan ring, you can click it to get any XP left over. In the future, you can simply claim your bonus XP from the clan quartermaster, as before.

Mod Wilson and the RuneScape Team

Take a look at our latest Behind the Scenes video to hear Mod Mark talk about today's update, and the other great content coming this October:

In Other News

New seasonal hiscores are now in effect, covering chronicle fragments handed in and damage dealt to Kr'il Tsustaroth with a fun weapon.

Spread the word about your favoured god's victory or inevitable, triumphant return with Ambassador and Envoy Outfits - now available in Solomon's General Store.

[spoiler=Patch Notes:]

Graphical:

The Dungeoneering skill cape now uses the correct icon.

The mysterious door in the blue dragon resource dungeon is now the correct colour.

The House Portal no longer changes direction when altering the style of the Player-Owned House.

The upper floor of one of the buildings in Varrock can no longer be seen from the ground floor.

A force walk tile near the achey trees to the south-west of Castle Wars has been removed.

The fairy ring in Yu'Biusk is no longer overly bright when bloom is turned on.

Weapons no longer bounce back and forth while certain Members Loyalty Programme costumes are activated.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

Some minor issues with Meg's chat after she has plucked up a bit of confidence have been corrected.

The Melee Abilities interface no longer opens when starting a Sinkhole.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

The Azdaran document can now be stored on a bookcase at a Player-Owned House.

Players can no longer use more than one explosive gear per cannon in the Birthright of the Dwarves quest.

Players can now consistently re-enter the cave after teleporting out of the Lava Flow Mine section of the Birthright of the Dwarves quest.

Using the wand on Grunsh in the Birthright of the Dwarves quest will no longer occasionally stop quest progress.

A debug message that appeared whilst mining from a lava geyser in the Lava Flow Mine has been removed.

A typo on the examine information of Dwarf Bone during Birthright of the Dwarves has been fixed.

A typo in Veldaban's name during the Birthright of the Dwarves quest has been fixed.

Hartwin will now appear in the Wilderness more reliably in the Defender of Varrock quest.

The opening Swan Song cutscene now plays correctly in HTML5.

Some dialogue in Rune Mysteries has been changed slightly to reflect the voice acting.

Players are now able to successfully relocate all four of the platypodes at Oo'glog in the quest As a First Resort.

The requirement to complete Demon Slayer for the quest Shadow of the Storm now updates in the Quest Journal when completed.

The World Guardian title now displays in the chat box immediately upon activation, and is also included in the Miscellaneous section of the Titles interface.

Fighting for Light Part II can no longer be triggered multiple times during replays of Dawn's boss fight after The Death of Chivalry.

Other:

Off-hand dragon throwing axes are now worth the same amount as their main-hand counterparts. As such, they are once again alchable and can be sold to a shop.

Chaos Giants once again drop 8 off-hand dragon throwing axes instead of one.

The Battle for Lumbridge reward shops now offer discounts when purchasing rewards.

Players will once again receive game messages in their chat boxes regarding the times at which Wilderness Warbands and Sinkholes are spawning in their world.

Players can now once again assist correctly with Magic.

The message about Saradomin's Blessing when using juju farming potions has been removed.

The Settings window will now close upon opening other interfaces in the game.

Players can now cast the Bake Pie spell on pork pies.

A typo when gaining a crystal triskelion part from barehanded butterfly catching has been corrected.

The ogre coffin key is no longer referred to as a zogre coffin key when used to open a coffin.

The hiss sound effect from the smoke at the Edgeville Monastery has been removed.

Damage and accuracy stats have been removed from the volatile clay harpoon.

Players can no longer pass a gnomeball to players who are converting memories at a Divination crater.

Signs of the Porter now send gems gained from mining ore to the bank.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

The bit that confused me with the xp thing:

Why is the Sous Chef outfit part of the 1 time bonus xp hidden away and not the wearable for 1% per piece with 5% for full outfit.

Also they left the summ outfit off entirely.

Still nice change though, I now have more bonus xp in agile than xp to 99 (and no way to use it really cause fpf) and 33k of bonus div xp from all teh gems I had banked.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So theres 10 elder and 7 crystals to find

Elder

1. Falador Ivy
  2. South of Yanille
  3. Lleyta Magic Trees
  4. North of Legends Guild (Beside Seers Div spot)
  5. North of Eagles Peak
  6. South of Draynor
  7. South west of Grand Tree
  8. South of Varrock
  9. South of Edgeville
  10. South of Melzar's Maze

Crystal

1. Falador dark wizards
  2. South of Yanille
  3. West of Observatory
  4. North of Flax field in Seers
  5. North West of Brimhaven house portal
  6. South east of light house
  7. West of Grand Tree

Edit: Added in Urza's info from below

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The bit that confused me with the xp thing:

Why is the Sous Chef outfit part of the 1 time bonus xp hidden away and not the wearable for 1% per piece with 5% for full outfit.

Also they left the summ outfit off entirely.

Still nice change though, I now have more bonus xp in agile than xp to 99 (and no way to use it really cause fpf) and 33k of bonus div xp from all teh gems I had banked.

Sous Chef is the 1% per piece type now. The list is wrong

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

1) Elder Trees are instanced to a person. That is you can run out of branches but others can still chop.

2) A tree will be down for 10 minutes for you.

3) A tree will be down on all servers for you. (So world hopping won't help you.)

So to keep the logs flowing you need to know the locations:

updated to include nearest teleports

1) North of Legends Guild (Ardy Teleport or Fairy Ring B-L-R)

2) South of Yanille (Yanille Lodestone or Watchtower tele, or Fairy Ring C-I-Q)

3) North of Eagles Peak Lodestone. (Fairy Ring A-K-Q for Piscatoris)

[yellow[4) South of Draynor (Draynor Lodestone, Draynor Tele)[/yellow]

5) Behind the Farm South of Falador (Cabbage port, Port Sarim Lodestone)

6) Inside the Gnome Stronghold, just South West of Grand Tree. (Spirit Tree or Gliders)

7) South of Melzars Maze near Rimmington. (Port Sarim Lodestone, Crafting Guild tele)

8) South of Edgeville, (Edgeville Lodestone, Edgeville Tele)

9) South of Varrock, East of Demon Circle (Varrock Lodestone)

10) South of Lletya, near the Mage Trees. (Elf Crystal Teleport)

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

BXP Update for Fail Update of the Year! BXP Generation

EDIT: See post below for why this isn't true.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

The message about Saradomin's Blessing when using juju farming potions has been removed.

:o I filed a bug and it got fixed :D :D :D :D

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

1) Elder Trees are instanced to a person. That is you can run out of branches but others can still chop.

3) A tree will be down on all servers for you. (So world hopping won't help you.)

6) Inside the Gnome Stronghold, just South West of Grand Tree. (Spirit Tree or Gliders)

7) South of Melzars Maze near Rimmington. (Port Sarim Lodestone, Crafting Guild tele)

This is awesome.. thank you very much for this. :)

• Like 1

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

This is awesome.. thank you very much for this. :)

I got it from stalking the RSOF. But thank you.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They offer good Woodcutting XP.....you'll need to cycle between a few of them to get the best gathering rate.

:wall: inb4 arctic pines are still the best wc xp

• Like 1

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I take back what I said, from what I can tell bonus xp is now used at 2x instead of 1.5x for some things. This means you get less base xp for the same bonus xp. Ie if it took you 1 pendant before to get 100k xp it will now take 1.5 pendants.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I take back what I said, from what I can tell bonus xp is now used at 2x instead of 1.5x for some things. This means you get less base xp for the same bonus xp. Ie if it took you 1 pendant before to get 100k xp it will now take 1.5 pendants.

So, getting the extra exp quicker is bad? You'd use up the pendant quicker however you're still getting the same bonus exp.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

So, getting the extra exp quicker is bad? You'd use up the pendant quicker however you're still getting the same bonus exp.

Its the lack of base xp that your losing. In my example before the update you would get 66k base xp and 33k bonus xp, in the new way you would get 50k base xp and 50k bonus xp. Which means you need more pendants for the same xp, a very subtle change that most people wont notice but it will entice some to buy more spins to reach the same goals.

To further expand, pre update it took 57 pendants from level 93 - 99, it now requires 86 pendants.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Crystal looks like it's in the 100k-140k xp/hour range

Needs more testing, but it could be better than pines.

The good scrimshaw doesn't work, though :/

Wrong, the scrimshaw does effect it work, it can disturb implings as well as increase the chances of geode drops :twisted:

VICTORY IS MINE

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg