17 March 2014 Mahjarrat Memories

Miss Lioness

[is this a good format :o?]

Mahjarrat Memories and Circus

Today's update brings a bucketload of new RuneScape content, for lore-lovers, circus performers and interface wranglers alike.

Mahjarrat Memories follows on from the Koschei's Troubles miniquest, and lets high-level lore fiends seek out the secrets of Senntisten's history. 

Our Ninja Team have been hard at work on the Circus D&D, making as many of your requests happen as they can.

We've also brought you a big interface improvement: the ability to customise the Ribbon, so your most useful interfaces are fewer clicks away.

Read on to find out more, or log in now!

Mahjarrat Memories
High-level miniquest, members only.

Carrying on our lore-filled March, Mahjarrat Memories is a new miniquest for those who've discovered the secret history of Koschei the Deathless.

During its course, you'll be given a device which can collect and store residual memories lingering in ancient places, and will be tasked with gathering those of the Mahjarrat: some you'll know well, such as Sliske, Lucien and Azzanadra, and others you'll never have met before. 

azzanadra_concept_art.jpg

This miniquest will give you a deeper insight than ever before into the Second Age at the height of the Zarosian Empire, making this a real treat for lore lovers.

Rewards include both regular and bonus XP in Divination; an in-game book, filled with the memories you'll gather during the quest; a cosmetic override for your head; and an amazingly cute bobblehead pet, styled after a certain megalomaniacal Mahjarrat. On top of all that, you will also receive an item that could be very useful during the Fate of the Gods quest.

If you want to discuss the content of the Mahjarrat Memories, please keep spoilers limited to this thread.

Mod Jack and the RuneScape Team

How to start Mahjarrat Memories:

Head to Thorvald's house in Rellekka and climb down the ladder.

Requirements:

You must have at least level 60 in Divination, and have completed Koschei's Troubles

Note that this - in turn - requires completion of the following: 

Circus Improvements
D&D update, members only.

Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza (or simply the Circus) is one of RuneScape's best loved activities, and today we've released a show-stopping batch of your most-requested improvements, so it's easier to use, more rewarding and more fun than it's ever been.

If you've not tried the Circus before, it's a weekly opportunity to perform at Balthazar's Big Top for hefty XP rewards in Magic, Agility and Ranged (plus Thieving and Firemaking if you've completed certain quests), as well as some cool cosmetic rewards. It's quick, fun, and everything you need's right there at the Circus - what's not to like?

Here are the improvements we've introduced today:
  • You no longer need to pick up and equip items for your performances.
  • The Agility event has been improved, making it more rewarding for low-level players and bringing the XP rate for all players up slightly.
  • All costume rewards will also unlock a cosmetic override.
  • You don't need to talk to tutors to start each performance, and a large amount of non-essential dialogue has been made optional or removed entirely.
  • The ringmaster cutscene will no longer play, if you've already seen it.
  • A new interface will be shown during each performance, displaying your current score, which tricks that you've already performed and the current audience request.
  • A bunch of other small fixes and tweaks - as requested by you.

We really hope you enjoy the newly streamlined Circus D&D. If you have any further ideas for how to improve it, let us know on the forums!

Mod Ana and the Ninja Team

Customisable Ribbon
Free players and members

Last, but not least, you can now customise the Ribbon. That's the small interface element containing the buttons for the Hero, Powers and Adventures interfaces, among others. 

Not only can you rearrange the icons that were already there, but you can also switch in icons that were previously locked into drop-down menus: the Prayers interface, for example. This means that you can put together a Ribbon that accesses the interfaces you want with just one click - even emulate the old-style 'stones' interface, if you wish.

To edit the Ribbon, click the new icon at its lower corner, near the padlock icon.

Have fun experimenting, and let us know how you get on, over on the forums.

Mod Z and the RuneScape Team

In Other News

Take a look at the patch notes for other updates released today.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.

As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.

Graphical: 

•  
  • The RuneScape 3 logo has been changed to a RuneScape logo throughout the game.
  • The Pet House in Player Owned Houses has been updated to the new interface theme. 
  • The icons used in the Combat settings interface for Momentum, Revolution and Full manual modes have been updated.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames: 

•  
  • Players may now toggle run via the action bar when disguised on the Canifis map within Heist.
  • Robbers who are converted to guards in Heist may no longer have their keys pickpocketed.
  • ‘Resist arrest’ will now stun a guard for 2 seconds longer, and restore 20% of the robbers run energy in Heist.
  • A previously blocked window on the Burthorpe (night) map in Heist has been unblocked.
  • Sacred clay harpoons are now correctly recognised as harpoons when fishing. 
  • A tree near the water obelisk has been moved slightly so that an elite clue scroll location is once again accessible.
  • Players can once again proceed past the section where the player has to use the ‘Battle Cry’ command in the Conquest tutorial. 

Quests, Challenges and Achievements: 

•  
  • The Dragon Rider amulet can now be added to a Dragon Keepsake box.
  • Due to the high-tier nature of the Dragon Rider amulet, it is no longer automatically protected on death. 
  • Players can now make additional Animate Rock scrolls after completing the One of a Kind quest. 
  • A warning concerning the Wilderness has been added to the quest requirements of One of a Kind.
  • Birthright of the Dwarves now lists King of the Dwarves as a requirement in the Quest Overview.
  • The submarine section of Some Like It Cold now opens the overlay in the minigames HUD.
  • Signs of the porter will no longer teleport Mort Myre fungus at certain parts of the Nature Spirit quest.
  • Players can now stand on the podiums in the Empyrean Citadel after completing Missing, Presumed Death.

Other: 

•  
  • An initial tutorial and popup has been added to tell players about Revolution.
  • Using an item on a Celestial Dragon no longer causes it to consistently play an attack animation.
  • The unlocked music total has been corrected, and certain silent music tracks have been hidden.
  • The message given when you find a Treasure Hunter key now appears coloured to make it more noticeable. 
  • Korasi's sword can now overridden by longswords and scimitars, rather than daggers and rapiers. 
  • Players will no longer appear on top of The Trader when teleporting to Daemonheim.
  • The old level up interface has been removed from the Wise Old Man's tasks. 
  • Players can no longer bank the email validation xp lamp given to them by Diango in Draynor market. 
  • Players are now able to reclaim a second pair of magic secateurs if they add a pair to a Dragon Keepsake box. 
  • Players can no longer jump to the same stepping stone.
  • The permission button for moving a Clan Citadel's build tick is no longer permanently greyed out.

Ninja Fixes:

•  
  • When picking up ammo from the ground it will be automatically added to your ammo slot if it currently holds the same item. 
  • A familiar timer has been added to the list of active buffs when the player has a familiar summoned. 
  • Divination energy rifts can now be right-clicked to quickly access the memory converting options. 
  • The lobby timer in the Sinkholes D&D has been sped up to allow players to get into games faster. 
  • Players will no longer lose a daily Sinkholes game when disconnecting from a game. 
  • Signs and portents of life will no longer activated in Player-Owned Houses. 
  • The bonfire health boost will no longer reset to the minimum bonfire boost after logging out and in again. 
  • The bank chest near the Armadyl camp, south of Falador, is back again. 
  • Holy water is now a 1-handed weapon. 
  • The 'Prospect' option has been removed from a large amount of locations it had remained on. 
  • The god capes that are obtained from the Mage Training Arena can now be kept on death. 
  • The TzHaar bank areas will now heal the player like other bank areas.
  • Nettles can now be collected by any item worn in the hands equipment slot.
  • Court cases will now award xp lamps as opposed to direct xp when completing a case successfully.

HTML5 Engine Fixes:

• Some more texture fixes have been implemented.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

LIST OF ALL 15 MEMORY LOCATIONS

[hide]Final chamber of Enakhra's temple - Akthanakos - Purple memory

Ancient pyramid - Azzanadra - Purple memory

Daemonheim Bank - Bilrach - Red memory

Enakhra's temple - Enakhra - Red memory

Hazeel cult - Hazeel - Red memory

Muspah cave - Jhallan - Purple memory

Kharshai's house - Kharshai - White memory

Lamistard's tunnels/Zemouregal's Ghorrock fortress - Lamistard - Red memory

Lucien's Hut - Lucien - Red memory

Digsite altar - Mizzarch - Purple memory

Ritual site marker - Palkeera - Red memory

Ghorrock - Ralvash - Red memory

Empyrean Citadel - Sliske - Purple memory

Nardah - Wahisietel - Purple memory

Zemouregal's Wilderness Base (requires insulated boots + macaw) - Zemouregal - Red memory[/hide]

Special thanks to Drazhor, Kick Start, K a t k i s, ElricEdward and Cloudie Skye for confirming information.

------------------

OP:

[hide]

7yIeg.png

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

7yIib.png[/hide]

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• When picking up ammo from the ground it will be automatically added to your ammo slot if it currently holds the same item. 

A familiar timer has been added to the list of active buffs when the player has a familiar summoned.

The god capes that are obtained from the Mage Training Arena can now be kept on death.

The bank chest near the Armadyl camp, south of Falador, is back again. 

EPIC ninjafixes

meh update

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

7yIeg.png

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

7yIib.png

Bought it with my leftover runecoins.

Was only 32 runecoins!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Oh it's not forever? Damn... Wouldve made me and my GP hoarding friends ver happy :'(

By the way Holy water + Offhand asc/Dl darts + Demonslayer set -> Kill demons?

O man I should have checked if demon slayer gear worked at TDs...

Spoiler for miniquest

[hide]Palkeera's memory can be found at the ritual site

25k div xp, plus you have to recharge the engrammeter[/hide]

7yJAn.png

6Ij0n.jpg

why only ninja team? why no pirate team or zombie team... well today's update is okay, so we will  wait another week for epic quest...

• Like 1

http://puu.sh/7yKbg

56B Bank sup....

Hahahahaha Jagex

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Uhm, the world gate has appeared when wearing a ring of visibility, you can gaze at other planets now. :D

Location pls? :P

56B Bank sup....

Hahahahaha Jagex

Dem hybrid helms, I'll bet.

-------------------

Also, updated the second post with a list of known locations.

6Ij0n.jpg

Uhm, the world gate has appeared when wearing a ring of visibility, you can gaze at other planets now. :D

56B Bank sup....

Hahahahaha Jagex

-------------------

I would also like to know where the gate is.

Sylpheed.png

56B Bank sup....

Hahahahaha Jagex

-------------------

I would also like to know where the gate is.

South of Char I heard!

Account Help

The new wealth elevator removed the ability to see the cash value on the items kept on death screen.....

Additionally it doesn't count gear that needs to be repaired.
Chatoics are worth 90k each.

Each pieces of fully repaired ports armor is ~55milion.

Div bxp outfit is 40k.

So basically the thing is kinda useless.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

The new wealth elevator removed the ability to see the cash value on the items kept on death screen.....

Not here o.O. But perhaps that might be because I got the new wealth evaluator

Account Help

If you're in a safe location, items kept on death won't work.

It does work for me o.O

Account Help

Bought the wealth evaluator thing and now my items kept on death works again but it puts out different values then the evaluator.

7yLvZ.png

7yLwV.png

7yLxV.png

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items