Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legacy Mode Beta - Coming 16th June

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Leik
http://services.rune...oming-16th-june

Legacy Mode goes into open beta on Monday the 16th June!

Legacy Mode is way of playing the modern game but with a traditional look and feel, without the need to learn the new combat system. It’s an optional mode that you can switch on or off, so you can choose if and when you use it.

Legacy mode includes:

• Traditional RuneScape combat, with no abilities.
  • Interfaces styled from the pre-RS3 - both resizable and fixed.
  • Old-style minimap icons.
  • Life points back to a max of 990.
  • Legacy Mode has a lot of other smaller tweaks to help give that traditional gameplay feel (many of which came from feedback during a recent player visit), and you can find out the details on the forums.
Independent of Legacy Mode, we’re introducing some global changes to combat to make improvements for everyone, especially in PvP. These will also be available on Monday in the Combat Beta:
  • Reinstated '138' combat formula, tweaked to give melee, ranged and magic equal contribution.
  • Special attacks on weapons that had them before.
  • Critical hit chance will be replaced by strength bonuses which give higher max hits.
  • Finally, there are some overall balancing changes: more of your life points will come from stats rather than armour, and the penalties and bonuses across the combat triangle will be slightly relaxed, and damage from abilities has been tweaked to even out imbalances (overall damage output remains the same).
Once Legacy Mode has hit beta and we’ve taken on your feedback, we'll be running a poll to determine whether it should be added to the live game.

Even if you don't intend to use Legacy, there'll be plenty of new content to try out: special attacks, the combat formula and balancing refinements. Be sure to give the beta a try!

Watch out for a Legacy-focused Behind the Scenes video on Friday, and full details along with the launch on Monday!

The RuneScape Team

More information

FAQ

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
:thumbup:

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BABYEEEEEEEEE

Personally; I cannot wait for this; I really miss the "good old" days (heh.......). Will hopefully be able to practice pking with no risk in beta :D i'm also seriously looking forward to trying bossing again... Although dks might be interesting, as prayers dont block 100% any more..... GDAY PRIME!

Bit dissapointed that they're only putting the provoke on 80+ shields, I recon they should put them on corp shields... and while we're wishing for things, could we get the old elysian effect back? maybe put it on spectral or something!\; and make it a crossclass shield!

Posted Image

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
old animations, oh boy

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Please tell me I'm not the only EoC player who would rather have the old interface look.

Also... Armor requirement changes? Was this really an issue, and are they going to do anything about the top-end F2P gear they added to match rune?

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik

Please tell me I'm not the only EoC player who would rather have the old interface look.

Yeah, I would love to get the pre-NIS interface again. NIS still bothers me quite a lot occasionally.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Bit dissapointed that they're only putting the provoke on 80+ shields, I recon they should put them on corp shields... and while we're wishing for things, could we get the old elysian effect back? maybe put it on spectral or something!\; and make it a crossclass shield!

Completely! I mean, what could possibly go wrong in giving all the good abilities to the Lv. 75 shields, leaving chaotic ones/Barrows ones in the shadow once again?

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

I just want them to fix NIS so my interface doesn't get royally screwed every time I login on a device with a different screen size.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
And fixing it so that it doesn't move interfaces by one pixel each time you log in, each time you take a boat, etc.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing what those graphic changes will be about.

I'm all for updating graphics so that they are more reminiscent of the previous looks of things while still having a nice new coat of paint in order not to look extremely outdated.

x Kingslayer
[ Display Name History ]

x Kingslayer

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN:x Kingslayer

I just started playing runescape again after a longggggg break, so I'm not familiar with the beta's on this game. If we play the legacy beta, will the things we do "save" on the regular servers? Hopefully that makes sense....

X_Kingslayer.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Nope, separate saves.

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT

I just started playing runescape again after a longggggg break, so I'm not familiar with the beta's on this game. If we play the legacy beta, will the things we do "save" on the regular servers? Hopefully that makes sense....

To expand on what Alg said - they're separate saves; you can import your (RS3) live save to the beta whenever you want, but you can't take what you do in beta and bring it back to the live game.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Wessan
[ Display Name History ]

Wessan

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • RSN:Wessan

I wonder how legacy mode will affect certain quests, specifically one with boss battles utilizing abilities. I am all for it because I don't much care for abilities, but tweaks would need to be made I assume.

wessan.png

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
I'm all for preventing legacy mode users from doing boss battles designed with EoC in mind (Vorago, ROTS, etc.), but quest bosses I agree should be doable in both legacy and EoC modes.

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

For christ's sake can't Jagex just admit defeat and replace EOC with this.

EOC's implementation was garbage and the playerbase isn't the same as WOW.

We don't want WOW-lite.

This legacy mode, revolution mode, normal mode all in one game combat system is nonsensical and retarded.

Why would I want to play a mode where I have to press 7 buttons to do the same as a mode that presses one button when equally balanced? 

This type of retarded thinking is WOW-esque where different classes require far more button pressing and complexity for the sake of complexity so some elitist reject can run around telling everybody how special he is because he has mastered the "hard" DPS class.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
YP19AIj.gif

Why do you care so much that Eoc remains as an option instead of being completely replaced?

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

We don't want WOW-lite.
This legacy mode, revolution mode, normal mode all in one game combat system is nonsensical and retarded.
Why would I want to play a mode where I have to press 7 buttons to do the same as a mode that presses one button when equally balanced?
This type of retarded thinking is WOW-esque where different classes require far more button pressing and complexity for the sake of complexity so some elitist reject can run around telling everybody how special he is because he has mastered the "hard" DPS class.

Could you refrain from using terms such as retarded as in insult? Doing so doesn't just make you look infantile but also makes anything you say lose its credit as actual discussion
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

We don't want WOW-lite.

Im sorry, but im not part of your 'we'.

I think EOC has great potential in allowing variety for pvm encounters. You cant honestly say from a pvm standpoint that simply DPSing down a boss is fun. Whats fun is learning an encounter, knowing how to handle the situations and overcoming them. That is what makes pvm great and builds prestige in the pvm world.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

i enjoyed fighting opponents over mining them

8f14270694.jpg

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

i enjoyed fighting opponents over mining them

I dunno, I'm starting to see the appeal of it. It might be nice to go back to a simpler system, if only for a change of pace: if Legacy is just revolution with less clutter (read: completely superfluous basic abilities), why not? Being able to get an interface with a decent color scheme is just a nice bonus.

Or maybe it's just stockholm syndrome, since it's clear that they're going to drag us all back to 2007 whether we like it or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users