Legacy Mode Beta - Coming 16th June

Leik

27th June

Damage of special attacks in Legacy Mode has been tweaked based on feedback.

So AGS doesn't do as much damage now?

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

Time to go see what barrows stuff looks like.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

It's a nostalgia thing because legacy mode is about nostalgia.

Well in which case as initially thought, thats rediculous.   I can understand (just) wanting the mechanics of the old system, but insisting on reverting rediculous things like the attack animations for the sake of nostalgia is ludicrous. It infuriates me the most mainly because of how much Jagex seem to be 'tight' on resouces now days, to be then wasting them reverting things which aren't even a problem.

I'm curious how much of a tweak they did to conblast... I thought it was at a good damage value before.

Vezon says it's 75%, 82% and 89% damage for each blast, so firing off the first two makes it equal to sonic wave.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm curious how much of a tweak they did to conblast... I thought it was at a good damage value before.

Vezon says it's 75%, 82% and 89% damage for each blast, so firing off the first two makes it equal to sonic wave.

Ah, not bad. So a slight tweak.

Any info on Wild Magic? It seems that got changed as well, going off the Fixed Issues... Mr G W didn't have anything about it on forums

Would have been nice if they gave us patch notes instead of looking in that thread of everything past

Time to go see what barrows stuff looks like.

I wanted to do that to, but just our luck Jagex decided that removing armour from the free equipment shop on the very same day they updated those was a good idea.

Not sure if anybody posted screenshots of them on wiki though.

705841fb2e.jpg

"new" on left, "old" on right. i didn't want to mess with my graphics settings on "old" so it's less lighted

the jaw on the dude is missing due to them usually removing that part when it's underneath the helmet, i'm sure they'll try to fix it

frankly i feel that this underlines how older models don't necessarily have better parts, especially if the armor is just clothes with a different texture on them

8f14270694.jpg

705841fb2e.jpg

"new" on left, "old" on right. i didn't want to mess with my graphics settings on "old" so it's less lighted

the jaw on the dude is missing due to them usually removing that part when it's underneath the helmet, i'm sure they'll try to fix it

frankly i feel that this underlines how older models don't necessarily have better parts

They did it purely for indentifying sets. Crap reasoning in my opinion... that goes alongside old combat animations.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

705841fb2e.jpg

frankly i feel that this underlines how older models don't necessarily have better parts

They did it purely for indentifying sets. Crap reasoning in my opinion... that goes alongside old combat animations.

The one of the right looks better in my opinion .... :unsure:

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

The one of the right looks better in my opinion .... :unsure:

It does. The pants and helm just look awkward... And was being unable to identify barrows sets really an issue? :unsure:

Apparently a lot of people were saying "0h n0es i cant tell the difrunse from dk and hammer guys set!"

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They fixed the face on male characters' Dharok's helm btw.

And I think the new ones look just fine. You get to have a combination of both old looks and new looks, fine with me.

Verac's helm looks weird though. They should just have given it an actual plume like the old Verac's helm instead of just giving previous Verac's helm a haircut and dying its hair black.

(That and it has horrible stretching glitches.)

And then they still have to fix Ahrim's staff, Verac's flail, Dharok's axe, Karil's crossbow and Torag's hammer so that they would actually be wielded correctly.

New prayer icons btw

sYAGpb5.png

I honestly like those more than those we have currently in the live game.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

In legacy mode handcannon fires properly, but I haven't tried in EoC mode.

Also

BmH9bG3.png

With my fists, 99 Strength + Overload

On my other acc with 80 Strength + Super strength, I am able to do 81 damage max hit.

It's also worth mentioning that the way it currently works, it doesn't seem to give you a flat increase in damage per strength level (with Attack/Def you get +12 Accuracy/Armour per level); instead, it lowers the damage you do if your strength level is way below the level required for wielding your weapon.

Therefore, if you're wielding a Rune scimitar, it doesn't matter much if you're 50 Strength or 80 Strength.

That's what I've gathered from reading what people were saying on RSOF, at least.