Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Tbf you COULD use the wand on him and do it yourself. Jagex just coded it so that you cannot because they need Owen corrupted for the future of the series and that requires Saradomin to do it. A purposefully coded out choice is not equal to us being actually as a character unable to do it. The entire premise of the quest is setup that we, as the one who passed all 3 tests, are clearly worthy and able to use the wand correctly; the fact Saradomin refuses us that opportunity speaks volumes; especially as he then wants us to use the wand on the centaurs later.

It would've been perfectly acceptable for us to do it, but due to story requirements it was coded so we do not even have the choice to do so and Saradomin would rather blast us with magic than hear our reason for not wanting to give him the wand. He didn't even do it out of desperation particularly imo just out of wanting the wand to do things his way. I mean was he really concerned for Owen or just the fact he'd lost one of his strongest supporters? I mean look how quickly he kicked him out of the Temple Knights and did not even give him a chance to prove her can fight the corruption; it was like I need him give me the wand...oh well he's screwed lets see who else we can get to do errands for me.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Tbf you COULD use the wand on him and do it yourself. Jagex just coded it so that you cannot because they need Owen corrupted for the future of the series and that requires Saradomin to do it. A purposefully coded out choice is not equal to us being actually as a character unable to do it. The entire premise of the quest is setup that we, as the one who passed all 3 tests, are clearly worthy and able to use the wand correctly; the fact Saradomin refuses us that opportunity speaks volumes; especially as he then wants us to use the wand on the centaurs later.

It would've been perfectly acceptable for us to do it, but due to story requirements it was coded so we do not even have the choice to do so and Saradomin would rather blast us with magic than hear our reason for not wanting to give him the wand. He didn't even do it out of desperation particularly imo just out of wanting the wand to do things his way. I mean was he really concerned for Owen or just the fact he'd lost one of his strongest supporters? I mean look how quickly he kicked him out of the Temple Knights and did not even give him a chance to prove her can fight the corruption; it was like I need him give me the wand...oh well he's screwed lets see who else we can get to do errands for me.

Whether it was coded this way for story reason or not, the fact is your character cannot resurrect Sir Owen. I assume the next quest will expand upon this more and explain what happened. Kicking him out of the temple knights is giving him a chance to prove he can fight the corruption. The temple knights might kill him on sight believing him to be completely lost. If Saradomin did not want to give him a chance to fight the corruption he would have killed Sir Owen. We also do not know who exactly set up the 3 tests, we know that Fern is trapped there, but as to who actually created the other 2 we don't know. Whether that 3rd test actually tests virtue we don't know. I would say the blood test cannot be testing virtue because many players are not virtuous. We kill and steal, murder guards, hurt innocents in myreque series, etc.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

It would've been perfectly acceptable for us to do it, but due to story requirements it was coded so we do not even have the choice to do so

Saradomin explained that while it would have been possible for you to perform the first resurrection, it would have required abilities far beyond your capability to perform a second, as Sir Owen had already been resurrected once by Dawn, only to be killed by you.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It would've been perfectly acceptable for us to do it, but due to story requirements it was coded so we do not even have the choice to do so

Saradomin explained that while it would have been possible for you to perform the first resurrection, it would have required abilities far beyond your capability to perform a second, as Sir Owen had already been resurrected once by Dawn, only to be killed by you.

Assuming you believe his word, which he hasn't given us reason to do thus far.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Assuming you believe his word, which he hasn't given us reason to do thus far.

Except you don't have to take his word because you can try it yourself and you fail. The gam says you fail and the quest gives you the reason that you fail.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I mean look how quickly he kicked him out of the Temple Knights and did not even give him a chance to prove her can fight the corruption; it was like I need him give me the wand...oh well he's screwed lets see who else we can get to do errands for me.

Eh? He explained pretty clearly that he "kicked him out of the temple knights" for his own safety. They would have killed him on sight, what with him being visibly undead and mentally corrupted and all... I'd say it's like we played two different quests, but in all likelihood that's exactly what happened.

Sir Owen is inevitably corrupted at the end of the quest, but based on whether you chose to give the wand to Saradomin or not, the level of corruption will actually vary, and as a result Saradomin's actions towards him.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Really? I chose to give the wand to Saradomin and he ended up giving it to Sir Owen, so I guess he ended up less corrupted than he could have been.

That, or I've doomed us all. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Sir Owen is inevitably corrupted at the end of the quest, but based on whether you chose to give the wand to Saradomin or not, the level of corruption will actually vary, and as a result Saradomin's actions towards him.

Hmmm, I don't know. I chose to not hand over the wand and sir owen seemed mostly uncorrupted, I only noticed his arm was different. I thought the difference was based upon who took the test, if Sir Owen gave his blood then Fern mentions how virtuous Sir Owen must be to have done that so Saradomin still trusts him.

Pretty sure either way he's still slightly corrupted and gets the wand. That part is necessary for the overall story to continue.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Wasn't one of the possible outcomes of the quest that Saradomin kept the wand for himself because Owen, now corrupted, couldn't be trusted with it?

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Wasn't one of the possible outcomes of the quest that Saradomin kept the wand for himself because Owen, now corrupted, couldn't be trusted with it?

I did not know that.. :o

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I did not know that.. :o

Yeah, I'm surprised to hear that Saradomin let Owen keep the wand for some people.

From the RS Wiki page:

Although Saradomin always initially takes the wand to resurrect Sir Owen, if the player initially trusts Saradomin with the wand when he asks for it, and makes other certain dialogue choices, Saradomin will entrust the wand to Sir Owen before the end of the quest, stating "do not make me regret this". Most conversational routes will, however, result in Saradomin keeping the wand for himself, saying he wishes to wait and see how Sir Owen's corruption progresses before entrusting the wand to him, or speaks of how he may allow the player to use it in future.

I wonder how this will affect each player in the next quest. Will they have to write two story lines based on whether Owen ended up with the wand or not?

Nah I figure something will happen where Owen's corruption gets the best of him and starts the next quest. If that's the case, then Saradomin can just be like "Yeah...I'm gonna take that back now"

Am I the only one who tried to get rid of Sir Owen because I find the whole idea of these signature heroes a total sack of ass shit?

• Like 1

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Nah I figure something will happen where Owen's corruption gets the best of him and starts the next quest. If that's the case, then Saradomin can just be like "Yeah...I'm gonna take that back now"

I actually think the opposite. In my playthrough Sara kept the wand but with more of a wait and see attitude. I figure he'll give the wand to Sir Owen in the next one since Sir Owen is tenacious in fighting the corruption.

Also, I've mentioned it before, I don't really understand all the hate about the signature heroes, they're just characters that are getting a bit more focus than some others. They're useful for promotional materials and some interesting continuity stuff. At first I was indifferent, but Ariane's double bill and Death of Chivalry are both some of the best quests in the game now, and Ozan's double bill was damn good too.

• Like 1

I got the corrupted one as well, and my version is, or at least I think it was, that Saradomin was to keep the wand, and he will give it to Sir Owen when he is ready for it (I think the ready was for getting his affairs in order).

[hide] How I got there was:

1. Being on Sara's side at the time when the quest started

2. Stood up to him when Owen kneeled

3. Got Owen to give the blood

4. Refuse to give Saradomin the wand

5. Saradomin becomes angry and gives a demonstration that Guthix's power didn't actually protect you fully from other God's powers, you were still affected by some, just not all

6. Saradomin resurrects Sir owen anyway, and notices that his entire right arm is corrupted

[/hide]

I got the very exact opposite ending to what I had hoped for (I had hope Saradomin would not get the wand and Sir Owen escape unscathed).

Needless to say, the amount of Centaurs appearing on the battlefield (I have seen 4 at the same time), is most likely the work of the Wand, considering Zamorak still only has 1 demon at a time.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Needless to say, the amount of Centaurs appearing on the battlefield (I have seen 4 at the same time), is most likely the work of the Wand, considering Zamorak still only has 1 demon at a time.

Nope, Saradomin's side voted for that one. Zamorak players strengthened their champion instead.

• Like 1

Nope, Saradomin's side voted for that one. Zamorak players strengthened their champion instead.

I know, I was just being silly/

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)