Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Here's a good picture from The Origins of Gielinor, thanks to RSwiki

Here's a very tiny picture of the concept art for him we were shown at one point

His design has changed very, very drastically since then however, according to the JMods. Apparently they want him to look surprising.

• Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

They're both the same design, just lighted a bit differently. You can see the Varrock shield he "borrowed" for his armor on the breast of it, just mirrored.

My prediction as to the change in his design is that he has been changed from "big angry stupid warmonger" to a more Greek-style "God of Tactics and Warfare who tricks the lesser races with his intellect" sort of thing. Not only would it provide less conflict with the design of Tuska, but it would also fit in with the whole thing they've been repeating over and over again lately about how the Gods will often be drastically different from what their followers believe they are like.

The Fallen Diviner

We're confirmed to not see any more gods intervene in the BoL itself, but it's possible we will have a quest or something similar like that which has a god returning in it. Even so, I would say that it's not very likely for us to see any more gods until the next World Event in about five weeks.

I'd like to see Seren returning in some form or another, but I know it's very unlikely that we will have that happening anytime soon. :(

<tangent> If I had to design it, it would be a World Event ontop of the Underground Pass mountain where the Seren supporters have to bring back pieces of her to a dolmen where the Elves are trying to form her crystals together again, while Zaros (or Sliske, or another "god") supporters sneakily ambush folks and ransack them of their crystals on the way up the mountain passes. If only :P </tangent>

The Fallen Diviner

Or they could come back like Sara/Zammy did and have some quests

Also the DoC wasn't super well planned out...

Players playing after the BoL won't realize it but how can Sara be talking with you if he's trying to beat Zammy in Lumbridge. right? :P

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

It was intentional--there's apparently some dialogue options (although its been said a lot in Q&A's the past few days as well) that explain that Saradomin was using a projection of himself while he fought on the battlefield. Gods of Saradomin's tier have some pretty awesome multitasking abilities like that, apparently. (Makes me wonder if Bandos is of the same tier, considering the whole Bandos Avatar nonsense that was going on earlier in the Fifth Age.) The delay of the Battle of Lumbridge and RS3 was actually the thing that caused DoC to be released much later than it was planned to be--because they wanted to make sure it was out during the BoL.

(Supposedly they will be removing that dialogue after the BoL is over.)

The Fallen Diviner

Or they could come back like Sara/Zammy did and have some quests

Also the DoC wasn't super well planned out...

Players playing after the BoL won't realize it but how can Sara be talking with you if he's trying to beat Zammy in Lumbridge. right? :P

Could easily be an image of him, but not him actually, he's very powerful, wouldn't surprise me if he can be at more than 1 place at the same time

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

all of these perspective adjustments to reflect current events is dizzying

i'm just disappointed that i can't replay these quests with the variable dialogue, first the bacon quest and now this, because i'd be interested in the other responses

8f14270694.jpg

Which one? If you mean the new one posted on the Runescape front page, that is the podcast from a few days ago. They were posting to show that it's now available to download after its initial airing.

It was rather short and had a grand total of five short sentences worth of update-related content in it. It was mostly the Jmods having some silly banter between themselves :P

The Fallen Diviner

Ah, the livestream! Sorry, the terminology confused me for a moment :P

I don't generally do transcripts or summaries for the livestreams because very often they don't have much interesting details (and are instead just fun community events), but I completely forgot that Mod Stu had one today, and he's always full of nice lore content. I'll see if I can find the recording and do something or another for it.

It appears that it's still going on, oh my! Lots of details to summarize. I'm going to start and then perhaps go back later.

It's for the most part a Director's Commentary of the Death of Chivalry. There's a lot of details about previous versions of the quest, but I'll try to stick to future update and god content.

• Apparently Horses are one of the many mythical creatures of the Eastern Lands.
  • The future DoC-line quests will feature a heavily theme of Virtue vs Corruption
  • Not all ghosts will require the Ghostspeak Amulet from now on--they don't want every single ghost-related quest to require Restless Ghost to be a prerequisite. It will be the quest creator's judgement as to whether or not it should be.
  • The fights in DoC won't be added to the Dominion Tower because of the built-in ability to replay the fight after the quest. It's not a good enough challenge to feature alongside the other Dominion fights.
  • Skeletons in the quest will be updated to be a bit more beefy so they aren't one-hit by most players

Looks like he's stopping for now shortly. I'll go back and look at the recording when I have time later tonight, but I too actually need to go for a little bit :)

The Fallen Diviner

I would love Mod Moltare and Osborne to direct the eastern lands update in future. If they choose to do so. It'll be nice to see what Mod Osborne comes up with from scratch. And how it will tie into the west.

Implying the Eastern Lands have no lore yet...

Between the long standing knowledge of the Eastern Lands for the bolt salesman and the swordbow being called an eastern weapon AND the entirety of ports being about the Eastern lands, including their upcoming update there's already a fair bit of lore in-game and quite probably a whole lot more in their 'lore bible' behind the scenes.

It's certainly not a blank canvas at this point.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If they're taking on such a gigantic endeavor and what currently exists in game doesn't match what they want, you can be damn sure they'll retcon it. The only thing they'd really have to integrate is what we've learned from Player-Owned Ports.

Swordbow has basically been scrapped as it is anyway, wouldn't expect them to continually use it.

hzvjpwS.gif

True retconning happens but considering how small the 2 old bits in-game are and how recent the bulk of it is I'd doubt they'd have cause to do much in the way of retconning.

After all the only things they have really retconned in a big way historically was the very very very early lore with Sara, Zammy and Guthix as brothers because it came from a time when the game had a much smaller vision; but even then it's not entirely lost after all they have said several times pretty much all of the gods bar Tuska, brassica and skargaroth come from Paul's original notes and they are working within that framework.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue