Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I dunno, if I had a bunch of projects waiting to be released, I'd release them at the normal pace rather than sprinting to catch up to an imaginary deadline and use the resulting time it buys wisely. I really don't think we'll see 10-15 quests between now and December.

hzvjpwS.gif

Saradomin's relation with Zaros, as well as the reason he decided to do his own retconning of history to remove the knowledge of Zaros, will be explored in a Sixth Age quest

I'd like to think that Saradomin was once allied with Zaros but betrayed him to Zamorak to simply get rid of a rival.

Zamorak will have his own quest sometime in the future.

So he definitely isn't going to die at the end of BoL.

Brassica Prime was on Gielinor during the Edicts, Guthix simply didn't foresee him as a threat.

So naive Guthix, so naive...

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I dunno, if I had a bunch of projects waiting to be released, I'd release them at the normal pace rather than sprinting to catch up to an imaginary deadline and use the resulting time it buys wisely. I really don't think we'll see 10-15 quests between now and December.

Well it would not be quite that many:

Death of Chivalry

Bringing Home the Bacon

The World Wakes

Demon Slayer

All count as 2013 quests.

Which makes the usual 10-15 load of a year only missing 6-11 to have normal quest load for the year.

Then we know we've got at least 4 more coming from the DoC QA hint (next quests about cannons, masks, feathers and crystals)

If we assume those 4 including dwarf finale and missing presumed death it leaves 2-7 off of a normal year quest load.

Even a couple of double quest months would put us right in the usual expected ballpark, I don't think 6 quests in 4 months is all that unlikely.

We had 6 in sept-dec last year (2*Ozan, 2*Arriane, Doric remake, BoE) and that was in a year that saw 15 quests in total with the EoC too.

Also why the assumption they'd be 'sprinting to catch up' from videos, QAs etc we know around this time of year they are mapping out project budgets and rough plans for 2014 so if they planned out such budgets for 2013 in the summer of 2012 they probably budgeted in the normal amount of quests, the fact said quests are not as even spread as usual does not mean they are 'sprinting to catch up' it would just mean in light of big updates starting the year their allotted budget got placed in the later end of the year.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also why the assumption they'd be 'sprinting to catch up' from videos, QAs etc we know around this time of year they are mapping out project budgets and rough plans for 2014 so if they planned out such budgets for 2013 in the summer of 2012 they probably budgeted in the normal amount of quests, the fact said quests are not as even spread as usual does not mean they are 'sprinting to catch up' it would just mean in light of big updates starting the year their allotted budget got placed in the later end of the year.

Players, for the most part, have no idea what they have planned for the year. They could easily blame the lack of updates on rs3 and come out ahead with a few updates in reserve for next year. Rushing to make up for delayed updates might be the morally sound thing, but that's not necessarily the Jagex thing.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Again it would NOT be rushing, they budget dev time and thus updates for the year in advanced - just because larger updates means a series of smaller ones, like quests, may end up bunched up more than normally does not mean said quests are 'rushed' or have any less dev budget than was originally planned.

Yes we generally do not know exact plans, but earlier this year we were specifically told there would be a 'normal quest load' for the year but most were late in the year due to rs3, which directly tells us we should expect to hit the usual 10+ ballpark. Plus the latest QA hint, as mentioned, specifically hints 4 separate quests due this year.

So it's not like a fumble in the dark of what their plans are we have been told to expect a normal amount of quests for the year as a whole and with only ~6 needed to reach that threshold we specifically know of 4 that are coming - 2 in quite some detail.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Gathering skills within a gathering skill o_O

Wonder what's going on with them trying to grab a single egg from a nest.

Thats probably the hunter one.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Wonder what's going on with them trying to grab a single egg from a nest.

As WC farm and hunter are included I'd guess its either:

A high end wc spot for bird's nest that produces eggs rings and seeds at least and maybe actually nests

Or

A low end hunter spot that gives out the feathers from hunter birds

Definitely excited for this skill now, it seems well made and knowing they've held stuff back combined with some vague comments like "new ways to get around" and "change game mechanics" just all sounds so good.

My intention is to training this to 90+ straight away. I've always trained new skills asap to un-break my 'all stats over x' thing...just so happens last time that I only needed level 60 and now I need 90...

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Skillception. :lol:

• Like 5

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Skillception. :lol:

If this is skillception dungeoneering is like runecapeception.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Click the button to go deeper.

So it seems that the limitation for the divine spot things is globally then, rather than for each type of spot. That's good then, since it'll prevent never-ending skilling in a group of coordinated players.

Also I tried watching the video with english captions and saw this butchering from the captioning software YT uses:

43B7Z.png

What she had actually said was, "and then you can harvest resources from them much like you would a normal skilling location"

ಠ_ಠ

• Like 7

hzvjpwS.gif

Oh YT and your state of the art auto-captioning how I do love you.

Any deaf people happening across youtube for the first time must think the net is so much stranger than it actually is.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

2:27-2:33

What an amazing game.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

I'm in love with this skill now. It's official.

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Click the button to go deeper.

So it seems that the limitation for the divine spot things is globally then, rather than for each type of spot. That's good then, since it'll prevent never-ending skilling in a group of coordinated players.

Also I tried watching the video with english captions and saw this butchering from the captioning software YT uses:

43B7Z.png

What she had actually said was, "and then you can harvest resources from them much like you would a normal skilling location"

ಠ_ಠ

No, the captions are correct. At the end of the day you will have much more resources in your bank than normal; almost as if you botted for them. (I assume that Jagex assumes all Asians are bots.) (Also that bots are the only ones that skill.)

• Like 3

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I unfortunately now cannot take this skill seriously... We're doing it for "Wats" apparently according to Youtube, and these Wats include portable skilling locations like footballs (apparently), that end up:

DoxRPis.jpg

I... I'm crying my eyes out with laughter and only 1:14 into it...

So guys? Anyone know how Asians... Scale?

• Like 2

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

From reddit with no pics so take it with a grain of salt.

Mod Mark Said " It should be slower then fishing" and "It can be expensive if you choose to train it that way"

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Mod Mark Said " It should be slower then fishing" and "It can be expensive if you choose to train it that way"

Inb4youcantradetheresoucethatgivesyouexpmeaningyoucangofrom1-99instantly.

• Like 2
Sylpheed.png

Inb4youcantradetheresoucethatgivesyouexpmeaningyoucangofrom1-99instantly.

That or like in the first vid where you can use items to make things maybe they have some more expensive reagents then prayer pots. Onyx bolt tips or something. Rune items? COME ON ITEM SINK!!!!!

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Again it would NOT be rushing, they budget dev time and thus updates for the year in advanced - just because larger updates means a series of smaller ones, like quests, may end up bunched up more than normally does not mean said quests are 'rushed' or have any less dev budget than was originally planned.

Yes we generally do not know exact plans, but earlier this year we were specifically told there would be a 'normal quest load' for the year but most were late in the year due to rs3, which directly tells us we should expect to hit the usual 10+ ballpark. Plus the latest QA hint, as mentioned, specifically hints 4 separate quests due this year.

So it's not like a fumble in the dark of what their plans are we have been told to expect a normal amount of quests for the year as a whole and with only ~6 needed to reach that threshold we specifically know of 4 that are coming - 2 in quite some detail.

I could see them making 6 now if they also have Halloween and Christmas quests. They seemed to be trying to get Missing Presumed Death out before Christmas. Mod Stu also mentioned that the delay of RS3 gave him a few extra months to polish Death of Chivalry so it may be that many of the delays did push back the other quests.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Armadyl is just a big fancy aviansie. We saw concept art of Bandos, but apparently they changed some stuff. I would like to have a visual of them though.

Concept art? I never saw this...

Saradomin's relation with Zaros, as well as the reason he decided to do his own retconning of history to remove the knowledge of Zaros, will be explored in a Sixth Age quest

I'd like to think that Saradomin was once allied with Zaros but betrayed him to Zamorak to simply get rid of a rival.

Brassica Prime was on Gielinor during the Edicts, Guthix simply didn't foresee him as a threat.

Why would they kill Zamorak at the end of the BoL. That's literally worse than the name "El Pistolero." (inb4ban)

Killing Zamorak would be one of the STUPIDEST things they could do. Sara and Zammy are classic rivals right? Well it isn't like they can keep that up forever. I'd really like to see them have Zammy fight Armadyl. Thingsl ike that, you know?

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Armadyl is just a big fancy aviansie. We saw concept art of Bandos, but apparently they changed some stuff. I would like to have a visual of them though.

Concept art? I never saw this...

Why would they kill Zamorak at the end of the BoL. That's literally worse than the name "El Pistolero." (inb4ban)

Killing Zamorak would be one of the STUPIDEST things they could do. Sara and Zammy are classic rivals right? Well it isn't like they can keep that up forever. I'd really like to see them have Zammy fight Armadyl. Thingsl ike that, you know?

There isn't any open sourced armadyl concept art, but we all know, and it has been confirmed, that he is in fact an avianse. So just picture a glorified avianse probably with blue, white and gold wings I would suspect.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png